Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Missed FarScape Ending on 23AUG02

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-02, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 349 Posts
Missed FarScape Ending on 23AUG02

I taped FarScape on Friday, and I always buffer the time on both sides with a few minutes on the timer, but I missed the ending anyway! I assume I missed maybe a minute, based on what was going on... ( I won't say in case someone else also taped it).

Could someone relate the ending for me, please? Sci-Fi doesn't seem to do too well with reruns, and I don't wanna have to wait until January (!!) to find out what I missed. Please use spoiler thingies, just in case.

Thanks!
Old 08-25-02, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoiler:
Basically, Crichton is supposed to concentrate on his destination to get back to where/when he belongs. He sits there thinking on Moya and goes through the wormhole. When he reaches the destination, he turns around to see not Moya, but terra firma.

He made it back to Earth.

Ahh...but why am I telling you this? Let Crichton tell you in his own words courtesy of :

http://www.scifi.com/farscape/journe...4/reality.html

Spoiler:
"Unrealized Reality"

It was risky business: I was spacewalking, by myself, expecting a wormhole to appear in front of me. Which it did, on schedule. It was a small wormhole, and it felt right. What could go wrong?

As Daffy Duck once said, "Ha-ha, it is to laugh."

The thing reached out and swallowed me.

I landed on an iceberg adrift in a black ocean. That's what it looked like, anyway. It was actually a no-man's land between universes; it was the real Twilight Zone, but Rod Serling didn't show — just an extradimensional alien in human form, dressed like an undertaker and talking like Albert Einstein on 'shrooms.

"Einstein" was there to execute me because of my wormhole knowledge.

Luckily, he wanted to get to know me before pulling the trigger. And, like all the other cryptic beings I've ever met because of wormholes, he lectured me.

I learned there are systems of wormholes with uncountable entrances and exits. Some connect places in the same universe and time. Others connect different universes; others, different times. Why? Because space is actually space-time, and wormholes are the interstate highways of space-time, with on-ramps, interchanges, and exits. No good road signs, though.

Einstein represented a species from a different realm (universe? dimension?) that was incompatible with ours. Since travel between these realms is unnatural and dangerous to both sides, Einstein's people modified some of their own citizens to be able to live in our realm; this new subspecies became The Ancients. The Ancients' job was to keep the realms separate and safe, and to report back to Einstein's people, their progenitors. Instead, for their own reasons, the Ancients implanted wormhole knowledge in my brain ("The Hidden Memory") then disappeared to who-knows-where ("Infinite Possibilities, Part 1: Daedalus Demands"). Once that happened, Einstein snatched Moya ("Dog With Two Bones"), hoping to meet me. I wasn't aboard then, but he'd found me now.

I couldn't give Einstein any answers. I've never really understood why the Ancients gave me wormhole knowledge. Einstein wanted me to realize just how dangerous that knowledge is. I already knew it was bad. He showed me that it was scarier than I'd ever dreamed.

He sent me to a series of alternate realities — schisms from what should be, fractured fairy tales I could cause by careless wormhole travel. A world where Aeryn broke my neck my first day on Moya. A world where Peacekeeper Captain Crichton killed his prisoner Sikozu. A world where humans were Scarran slaves. A freaky mess in which Aeryn was actually Chiana, Sikozu was Stark, D'Argo was Jool, Noranti was Rygel — it's confusing, deal with it. In that world, Crais overran Moya — blood and betrayal galore.

If I grokked Einstein right, your casual wormhole tourist doesn't know enough to cause these freak-show realities. Anyone can fly through a wormhole — but not just anyone can navigate.

Thanks to the Ancients, I can.

Einstein said I can enter complex wormhole systems and navigate myself to anything familiar. But because the correct reality that I want to reach is surrounded, in these complex systems, by a lot of similar but skewed "unrealized realities," it's mathematically possible — hell, probable — for me to screw up. Einstein told me that if I make a mistake, the thing to do is fix the first, closest thing that goes wacky, then get the hell out of there and hope for the best.

With one accident, I could destroy everything I love, and extra universes besides.

That fact scared me as few things have — to the point that I asked Einstein to kill me. Better I die than all of existence. But now that Einstein knew it was the Ancients who'd given me wormhole knowledge, his plan changed: He decided to let me live, and even hoped I'd be his people's new wormhole sheriff in our universe, keeping bad guys off the highways. (I said no.)

By this point, he and his iceberg were both weak — talking to me had exhausted him. With the little time that remained, Einstein tried to tell me how to navigate wormhole systems. It's all about sensing familiar vibes, which are the only road signs to the correct exit ramp. Sound easy? No, it isn't.

Einstein vanished. The iceberg dissolved. Now, it was up to me to find my way back through the wormhole to Moya. I plunged into the wormhole circuit, slipping through side branches everywhere. I reached out for Moya, and touched something familiar....

I went for it — and it was one hell of a wrong turn.

Or maybe the rightest turn of all.
Old 08-26-02, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Also, I didn't see another thread about this so I'll ask it here...

What the hell is up with this being the "season finale"? By my count, there have been 11 episodes so far in Season 4. When it returns in January (!), we're starting season 5? Why only 11 episodes?

What's going on?
Old 08-26-02, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Allow me to direct your attention to:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=230177
Old 08-26-02, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
SciFi channel is playing fast and loose with the concept of seasons. Like they do with everything else--the concept of "original move" or the concept of Sci-Fi itself...

We're halfway thru season 4, and back on haitus.
Old 08-26-02, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
OK--either my TiVo or the channel was maybe a minute or two off... My program cut off before the end credits... It cut off a split second after
Spoiler:
Crighton comes out of the wormhole and is free-floating above Earth...
Did anything happen after that? Did he say or do anything?
Old 08-26-02, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by bboisvert
Also, I didn't see another thread about this so I'll ask it here...

What the hell is up with this being the "season finale"? By my count, there have been 11 episodes so far in Season 4. When it returns in January (!), we're starting season 5? Why only 11 episodes?

What's going on?
Marketing stunt.
Season 4 is at the half way point.
The other half will continue in January after the hiatus.
Old 08-26-02, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Rogue588, thanks for pasting all that, and Adamblast restated my question exactly.. sounds like the same thing happened to him and his TiVo. So, is it just a "to be continued" from that point??
Old 08-26-02, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Bronkster Rogue588, thanks for pasting all that, and Adamblast restated my question exactly.. sounds like the same thing happened to him and his TiVo. So, is it just a "to be continued" from that point??
Actually, it said "to be continued once Bonnie Hammer is finished running it down into the gound with her lack of the concept of an intelligent programming schedule..."

it kinda took up the whole screen...

and to answer your question, that was the end.
Old 08-26-02, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn that Bonnie Hammer! Damn her to HELL!

oh, and thanks again, Rogue588
Old 08-27-02, 05:13 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The part you missed was when he looked down and said, "Oh boy."
Old 08-27-02, 07:40 PM
Banned

I think you are thinking of a Quantum Leap Episode Kudana. Chriton didnt say, "OH Boy", he said, "Ooops".

Great episode but to have to wait 4 months pisses the hell out of me.
Who runs these networks and why do they get paid so much? It dips a couple of ratings points and they start treating it like its getting no viewers.
That damn Bonnie Hammer.

Oh frell.