Reload this Page >

Dinner for Five (IFC) -- Host: Jon Favreau -- Series Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-29-02, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone seen this new series yet? It's hosted by Jon Favreau and airs on IFC and repeats are on Bravo.

Basically Jon Favreau has 4 guests and they all eat out at a restaurant together. The camera films their dinner conversation.

Some of the guests I've seen already were: Vince Vaughn, Cheri Oteri, Illeana Douglas, Christian Slater, Peter Falk, Jeff Goldblum, Fred Williard, and Garry Shandling.

It's been a pretty cool show so far. I liked the second one the best, with Illeana Douglas. It's kind of cool hearing actors talk about their "pet peeves" like being cut out of a film. They talked about how it will still appear on your credits at IMDB and people will say "you were great in that." Or people at parties will say "I know you.. you were great in that film--what was it called?" And they have to sit and list their credits.

Interesting show.
Old 04-29-02, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When does it air on Bravo? I checked TVGuide and the Bravo website and didn't see it listed on their schedule. I've been dying to see it, but I only have Bravo, not IFC. Thanks.
Old 04-29-02, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I caught a repeat on Bravo on Friday night, I think it was 10 or 10:30.

I think Bravo calls Friday nights "IFC Night" or something like that.
Old 07-23-02, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Dinner for Five (Love, Silverman, Rapaport, Burrows)

My TiVo grabs these all the freakin' time, and I have no clue what their schedule for new episodes/repeats is as it's different every time (sometimes I'll get the same episode 12 times in a row, sometimes 3 unique ones back-to-back).

Anyway ... tonight I saw this episode for the first time, and they really hit a lot of interesting topics. Usually, there's a moment or two of something really stand-out, and the rest is just entertainingly watching actors ******** about random stuff. But this episode seemed even better than usual. It's hard to tell which episodes air when, but if you can catch this one, I recommend it.

das
Old 07-24-02, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sat. July 27th 8:30/7:30C is the next air date of Episode 6.

Thanks for the heads up. I've seen 2 episodes of this so far and am dying to see Sarah Silverman on it.
Old 07-24-02, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks for the info. Sarah's in at least two episodes that I've seen. In one, she doesn't come across too well. I cannot remember offhand who her dinner companions were, but they didn't "get" her. In this one, however, she has a couple of zingers that are hilarious, and the guests "get" it.

das
Old 07-24-02, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really enjoyed this one as well. Silverman's very, very entertaining, but doesn't say much. Rapaport was really vocal and kind of ran the discussion at times, but I found his dialogue with Faison Love to be really interesting. I'm a big fan of the show and can't wait for new episodes to start popping up.

Actually, they have an extremely active forum on the Web that Jon Favreau posts to constantly. A lot of folks post who basically want to get his attention rather than really discuss the show and related topics and a lot of pissiness at times, but I guess that's not unusual for Internet forums, now is it?
Old 07-24-02, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I read somewhere there won't be any new episodes until September. My ReplayTV keeps taping these and they are all repeats.

I remember that episode was good. That Faison Love guy was hilarious.
Old 07-24-02, 10:57 AM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
The only episode I've seen had Marilyn Manson, Andy Dick and Daryl Hannah on it. It was pretty good. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.
Old 11-27-02, 08:50 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts
Dinner for Five (Thanksgiving Marathon)

Looks like they will be running these shows all day on IFC, that's right all 9 episodes repeating ad infinitum, or at least I can only see 9 listed on the www.dinnerforfive.com

I have only seen one of them, the one with Yoakim, Goldberg, Beals and Seth Green, and it was good.

Although what I really want to see is the michael rappaport one I love that guy, he is so awesome.
Old 11-27-02, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Ugh ... no new eps until Tax Day. Ad infinitum is right ... I can't count how many times I've seen those same 9 episodes.

One I thought was particularly entertaining was with David Cross, Denis Leary, Famke Janssen, and Martha Plimpton.

das
Old 11-27-02, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My fave episode was with Sarah Silverman, Faizon Love, Michael Rappaport, and Saffron Burrows.

We always quote that one, when Faizon Love was making fun of black movie sets and Ice Cube going "Let's work on soundtrack."

When are they airing the Peter Bogdanovich episode? I saw a picture of it in EW awhile ago.
Old 11-27-02, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by das Monkey
Ugh ... no new eps until Tax Day.
I think that link was talking about April 15, 2002-- when the first season started.

I read somewhere on the forum on that site a new episode is airing in January 2003.
Old 11-27-02, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wonderful! That's much better. Would it hurt them to put a year on that date?

das
Old 11-29-02, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

WOW!!!

the one with Marilyn Manson, Darryl Hannah and Andy Dick
was unbelievable.

you know it's bad when Manson is the more intelligent and well-spoken one at the table
Old 11-30-02, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey
WOW!!!

the one with Marilyn Manson, Darryl Hannah and Andy Dick
was unbelievable.

you know it's bad when Manson is the more intelligent and well-spoken one at the table
not really, Manson is intelligent & well spoken
Old 12-01-02, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I loved in that episode how you could tell Daryl Hannah was pretty annoyed with all of his stripper-talk.

I don' think he came off as that intelligent in the episode.

But I was impressed with him in Bowling for Columbine.
Old 12-01-02, 05:34 PM
MrN

Looks like there were actually 10 episodes and I was hoping there was one I haven't seen yet, but I'll have to wait for the next season.

I thought Manson came off as the best of that bunch, mainly because he starts talking about Bunuel etc.
But, yeah, Hannah didn't enjoy herself, complaining that they didn't really talk about independant film...
Old 12-20-02, 03:44 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts
Dinner For Five new season Jan 20

Pretty cool lineup If I do say so myself for the 1st show.

Dinner For Five Premiere Jan 20
From an IFC press release:

The Independent Film Channel (IFC) original series DINNER FOR FIVE created and hosted by Jon Favreau (Swingers, Made, Daredevil) will premiere six new episodes beginning Monday, January 20 at 8:00PM(ET/PT).

The season opener will feature Favreau's Daredevil co-stars Ben Affleck (The Sum of All Fears), Jennifer Garner (ABC's Alias), Colin Farrell (Minority Report) and director Kevin Smith (Clerks).

DINNER FOR FIVE features Favreau and four guests sharing an evening of food and off-the-cuff conversation. Continuing the standard set in the first season, the program seats screen legends next to a variety of personalities from film, television, music and comedy, resulting in an unpredictable free-for-all.
Old 12-20-02, 05:38 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Can't wait for more "Rudy" stories. Heh. Actually love that show, but I'm tired to the reruns. More Sarah Silverman!
Old 12-20-02, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, the season opener should be great. I love this show. Too bad there isn't more episodes of it. Only 6 new episodes?
Old 12-21-02, 02:57 AM
MrN

And more about 'Mrs. Parker' too.

I notice quite a few of the shows have a guest who is totally irreverant. What if they did a show with: Adam Goldberg, David Cross, Marilyn Manson and Faizon Love? No telling where the conversation is going to go.
Old 12-22-02, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love this show. Can't wait!
Old 12-22-02, 10:27 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is there any (official) way to watch old or new episodes of this show? I don't get IFC, but it sounds like a show I'd be interested in watching.
Old 12-22-02, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not that I know of. I believe the only way to see it, is by getting the IFC Channel. Sorry.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.