Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dinner for Five (IFC) -- Host: Jon Favreau -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-03, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Oh why can't my crappy cable company include IFC in the basic package? This is on Dinner For Five that I'd like to see.
Old 02-27-03, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dinner for Five with Daredevil Cast on 3/3

Dinner for Five with the cast of Daredevil is on again next Monday (Mach 3rd) at 8 on IFC (according to my tv scedule on excite's main page). "Jon Favreau's guests are Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Colin Farrell and director Kevin Smith." Apparently Favreau hosts this regularly (I've never watched it). I saw this mentioned earlier shortly before DD came out, but it was posted after the show had aired, and IIRC there were quite a few poeple who hadn't seen it that wanted to. Just giving a heads up.

Last edited by mverleg1; 02-27-03 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-27-03, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
has anyone ever watched this show?...i just recently heard about it and don't know anybody that's actually watched it
Old 02-27-03, 11:38 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I enjoyed that episode and also really enjoyed this past one with eddie izzard and joey pants.,
Old 02-28-03, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the heads up! I wanted to check this out, but missed the first showing.
Old 05-18-03, 02:34 PM
Banned

Dinner for five? When is it on?

I saw the commericals and they said IFC mondays 9 and 11, so I check both times week after week and its movie and movie. Then I was watching one weekday and it said it was on at 5, so i turn and MOVIE! When is this show actually on? Im west coast by the way. Please help.

ty-
Old 05-18-03, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Try tvguide, it should give you the answer. It's on Mondays 7 and 10 pm central here, among other times. I'm not sure if the west coast schedule is different or not.
Old 07-29-04, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

dinner for five is a lot of fun

http://www.forums-silverwing.addr.com/dinner45/

http://www.ifctv.com/ifc/what/0,,CAT...D-3107,00.html

now that ifc hasreleased season 1 dvd's and i've been renting them to see what i've missed.

favreau seems to have the same people with him from time to time (i've seen peter falk and peter berg on a couple of episodes now), but the conversations are always fresh and extemely interesting.

the show is basically about jon favreau and his guests eating dinner, drinking and talking about just about everything, although they mostly talk about film making and acting.

fridays on ifc.....check it out.
Old 07-29-04, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've found it depends heavily on the guests. I saw an older one recently where Vince Vaughn was berating the guy that played Slater in Dazed and Confused (Rory Cochrane?) about his early life in LA that was pretty funny.

Also saw Famke Janssen on there a couple weeks ago, but was disappointed she pretty much just stuffed her face for 30 minutes.
Old 07-29-04, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I like it, although I am starting to get tired of Favreau.

"When I did Swingers..."

"When I was in Rudy..."

"When I played Rocky Marciano..."

blah blah blah.

He ought to let someone guest host every once in awhile. His stories are getting a bit old.
Old 07-29-04, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also really enjoy this show. It is really entertaining. It showed that P. Diddy (or whatever his name is this week) is an ass. He was the only guest who showed up late.
Old 07-29-04, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree...great show.
Old 07-29-04, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i watched one with marilyn manson and andy dick last night. i figure that if i can make it through that one, i can watch any of them.

the neat thing about the dvd's is that they have some bonus type footage. that disk i watched last night had marilyn manson talking about 'blondie'...a famous stripper here in atlanta. it was quite humorous.
Old 07-29-04, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That episode was funny simply because you could tell how bored Daryl Hannah was hearing all of Manson's stripper stories.

My favorite was when Faizon Love was talking about working on black movies with Ice Cube as the director. "They spend 5 minutes on the script and the rest all on the soundtrack...Let's get this shot...Okay, cut! Let's go work on soundtrack!"

Amy Irving referring to her children as "bastards" was also kind of funny. "My son was a bastard but I just married his dad, so he's not a bastard anymore."
Old 07-29-04, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

did you see the one with rod steiger and sarah silverman? omg...silverman is funny as shit.

but peter falk talking about cassavetes always gets me. he has such love for the guy.
Old 07-30-04, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Jadzia
I like it, although I am starting to get tired of Favreau.

"When I did Swingers..."

"When I was in Rudy..."

"When I played Rocky Marciano..."

blah blah blah.

He ought to let someone guest host every once in awhile. His stories are getting a bit old.
Kevin Smith has called him on it a couple of times.

Smith: "I had bet with my friend on how long it would take for you to mention Swingers"

Faizon ripping on Ice Cube was hilarious.
Old 07-30-04, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Jadzia
My favorite was when Faizon Love was talking about working on black movies with Ice Cube as the director. "They spend 5 minutes on the script and the rest all on the soundtrack...Let's get this shot...Okay, cut! Let's go work on soundtrack!"
"N!##%*, Bentley, Cut! N!##%*, Bentley, Cut!"
Old 04-25-05, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
IFC's Dinner for Five

I watch this periodically, but the last few episodes have been awesome and a half hour is not nearly enough time.
Here is the last few stars.
4/22 - Henery Rollins, Michael Chiklis, Luis Guzman and Michael De Luca
4/15 - Rob Zombie, Bruce Campbell, Roger Corman, and Faizon Love
4/8 - Tracy Morgan, Jeffrey Tambor, Jason Bateman, and Bonnie Hunt

On the next DfF
4/29 - David Duchovny, Dax Sheppard, Tim Blake Nelson and Stephen Root
5/6 - Tony Hawk, Seth McFarland, Jon Heder and Stacy Peralta
5/13 - Bill Maher, Rosanna Arquette, Bob Odenkirk and Alanis Morissette

Last edited by Cusm; 04-25-05 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-25-05, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That is a great show.
Old 04-25-05, 04:26 PM

The Jay Mohr, Tim Olyphant, Micheal Rappaport episode is a classic. Jay takes shots at everyone nonstop. Tim is cracking up because he figures out Jay is busting balls while the other people at the table ,Rappaport especially, are a little slow to pick up on whats happening.

D
Old 04-25-05, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Cusm
a half hour is not nearly enough time.
With no commercials, one would think this would be enough time. But when you watch it, the show just flys by like crazy!

I really loved the previous one with Bruce,Corman,Campbell,Faison, and Zombie. I could've listened to Corman's stories all day.
Old 04-25-05, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
The one with Campbell wasn't as great as I thought it would be - it was sort of low-key - but the one with Mohr and Milch et all, MAN, that was GREAT! They knew it was awesome too, because it was expanded to 45 minutes instead of the regular 30. I keep showing this one to friends of mine, and it never gets old. The recent one with Chiklis and Rollins was pretty good too - I always wondered what the deal was in Heat, with a twerp like Pacino beating up a big lug like Rollins.
Old 04-25-05, 06:49 PM

Great show (Have a Tivo season pass for it). I'd say Burt Reynolds is one of the best guests; he always has great stories.
Old 04-25-05, 07:22 PM

Jay Mohr, Tim Olyphant show was a good one. Jay's face when Tim calls him an a-hole and Tim is saying it because they are friends and he can be one, was classic. Last year's ep with Peter Berg talking about the troubles trying to make "The Rundown" in South America was great. When the guests tell stories or antidotes, it's great fun when they self-congratulate, I fast forward.
Old 04-25-05, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can get IFC thru my cable provider but I have yet to do so. I just wish they would come out with more DVDs of this show. I rented the set from Netflix ages ago and watched it numerous times. I recently picked up a copy from Overstock.com cause they were very cheap and watched them again a number of times. I e-mailed the show asking if there were plans for more DVDs but haven't heard back yet. Maybe I should just get the channel.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.