Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

TV question - show in which lead dies in final episode?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

TV question - show in which lead dies in final episode?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-02, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by outcastja
Spike in Cowboy Bebop

Eh, you gotta remember that Spike has already "died" before. Science managed to reconstruct him. I'm sure they could manage again.

BTW, to anyone who hasn't seen this show.. GET IT! It's one of the best anime shows ever.

As for the topic at hand, I remember that for a time. there was the possibility that Murphy Brown would die from cancer in the very last season. But they never went through with it.

Space: Above & Beyond - In typical Morgan and Wong fashion, ALOT of the main characters seem to perish in the last episode. Damn you FOX for cancelling that show.
Old 06-08-02, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally posted by Grenadier

Regarding Quantum Leap, we really don't know what Sam's new status quo is. We know he leaped bodily to tell Al's fiancee that he was alive, and we know he never returned home. We don't know if he was in contact with the now-happily married Al or not in this newly altered timeline. Maybe if they ever make a reunion movie, it will be better spelled out.

-Gren
That always bothered me, since in the episodes where him and Al switch places, he gets to return to his own time and meets his wife (which he'd forgotten because of his "swiss-cheesed brain). But then in the last episode it says he never returns home, so we can only assume he never sees his wife again. That really bothered me.
Old 06-09-02, 01:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, anyone remember aon flux cartoons on MTV's Liquid TV.

If memory serves the whole of season one lead to her death and
in season 2 she died in every episode
Old 06-09-02, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 233 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally posted by k_lodge
I think you can assume that Jessica did die at the end of Soap. I year or two later she showed up on Benson as a ghost. I dont remember too much about the episode but the killing by firing squad was discussed.
I don't know why I remember this, but I distinctly recall her "ghost" telling Benson that she was in a coma somewhere in South America.
Old 06-10-02, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about Captain Janeway.

The future Captain Janeway goes back in time to get her younger self to take a different route home so some of the crew can be saved. But, the future Janeway must die so the younger one can make it back to earth safely. But, that would mean the future Janeway would never have had the same future, which means she never would have gone back in time to save the ship, which means the ship never would have been saved...man time travel hurts the old thinking cap!!!!

One Janeway dies and another lives, so does that count?