TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 3/12/02

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-02, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Smallville 3/12/02

"Parker Lewis CAN Lose"

If anyone didn't recognize the "bad guy" on tonight's Smallville, it was none other than Corin Nemec, formerly known as Parker Lewis from the zany "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" show on Fox so many years ago.

I thought it was an entertaining show, done with flashbacks to bring the viewer up to speed on Lex's predicament of hanging upside down in a straight jacket. Again, we get to see a darker side of Lex, and his reputation in Smallville just gets more and more mud tossed on it.

Episode recap:

Spoiler:

Lana is doing a bang up job getting the Talon movie theater into shape for a grand re-opening, but Lex's past keeps littering the theater with plenty of strange things that are designed to freak Lana out and disrupt Lex's business dealing, like delivering the severed right hand in a box to Lex.

Also, the bad guy frames Lex by dumping Lexcorp chemicals on the Kent's farm where the land feeds their cows, which leaves the Kents with lots of dead cows. Jonathan is royally pissed at Lex now.

In the form of a class assignment, Clark has the problem of a persistent Chloe, who's hellbound on getting the scoop of the back history of Clark. This causes friction between the two, and finally Chloe relents, rather to lose the story than a friend. But in the end, she doesn't give up the research she's done on Clark's "adoption" to the Kents, so that will be picked up in a future episode when Clark least needs for it to surface and expose him and his family's secret.

Old 03-13-02, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you people see the preview for next week? Wishes really do come true. Now to work on that Michael Weatherly voodoo doll...
Old 03-13-02, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Are we talking about "Dark Lana"? That should be interesting. I'm actually sort of surprised by the stories we get, because I don't ever quite expect them when I see them, so it's like a bonus to be a bit surprised week in week out.
Old 03-13-02, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
great episode
I liked that little "if you're just joining us" this around 40 minutes into the show during the commercial
so it was the girl who did the shooting?
either way it was self defense, because in every flashback version the guy stabbed lex before the gun was even visible, there was a threat of deadly force so deadly force was a reasonable response
the only cover up needed was the fact that lex was in a club underage
Old 03-13-02, 12:11 PM
Banned

Clark was acting like such a bastard to Chloe. But i would've liked him to whip out his manhood and smack Chloe across the face with it.
Old 03-13-02, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought Chloe was acting like a beeyotch in her zeal to uncover the story on Clark. Friends would know when to back off. She didn't until Clark made it abundantly clear to mind her own business. Way to go, Clark!
Old 03-13-02, 02:10 PM

I missed half the episode. What exactly did Chloe did up on Clark's adoption anyway?
Old 03-13-02, 02:21 PM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Soybean
I missed half the episode. What exactly did Chloe did up on Clark's adoption anyway?
Here ya go
Spoiler:
The scoop on Clark's adoption agency was that the it was only in business for 6 months... Presumably just to process Clark's "adoption".

My questions are: (I'm not sure so I'll use a spoiler tag on this anyway)
Spoiler:
What does Clark know about his origins? Does he just know what was talked about in the episode? That he was adopted? And not that he crash landed in the Kent's backyard? His dad referred to something "in the storm shelter under the barn" or something like that. Is that Clark's escape pod from Krypton?

An interesting episode to say the least...

-BT
Old 03-13-02, 02:35 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Regarding what Clark does or doesn't know:
Spoiler:
Clark already knows he's an alien, or at least he knows about the ship in the "attic" and feels responsible over the meteor storm that devestated the town"

That was the running theme early on, but it seems to have lost track a bit. Now we're more tied into the relationships of Clark+Luthors+Kents+Langs+Chloe and now this episode the Ross family comes into the picture as well.

What I really want to know is:
Spoiler:
What kind of influence does Martha Kent have so that she can set-up a fake "adoption" agency to adopt Clark and get it by the government? This seems like a very "Luthor" type thing. Martha seems to know alot about "big city" ways.
Old 03-13-02, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Martha was originally from Metropolis (she said so in this episode) and probably had some moola from her family. When she married Jonathan, she knew they would opt for the slower farm life over the hustle/bustle of city life.
Old 03-13-02, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm thinking Lex's dad had something to do with the adoption agency

I think that entire school project was lame. Digging up stuff about your classmates? WTF
Old 03-13-02, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think the school project was more along the lines of getting "1st date" data:

How old are you?
Who are your parents?
Where were you born?
How long have lived here?
What are your hobbies?
Do you have pets?
Do you have a part time job?
What are your favorite foods?
etc.

Not about digging up skeletons in a person's history.
Old 03-13-02, 05:11 PM
Banned

I think it wouldve been funny if Chloe told Clark "hey, i just found out that your real father's name was Jor-El" I wanted Chloe to find out everything.