Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Once and Again 3/11/02 Spoilers!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-02, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Once and Again 3/11/02 Spoilers!

OMG! Jessie's a lesbian! Katie finally broke down Jessie's resistance to the idea of that she's not a lesbian. The episode has Jessie avoiding Katie because Grace spilled the beans on Katie's sexual orientation. Gotta say, that kissing scene between them was pretty hot.

The rest of the episode was about Grace having the hots for Mr. Dmitri (I don't like where this storyline is going - though I knew it coming at the start of the season).

That Lily got her wires cross w/r/t Grace or Jessie's sexual orientation was pure sitcom material, but that she accepted Grace for who she is was a nice touch. We should be lucky enough to have a mom so hot, er, understanding.

I was cracking up at the wry delivery of Rick when he kept pointing out the girl with the bad cough was going to die when people joined him in watching some movie on TV.
Old 03-12-02, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty good. A little heavy-handed. They've been beating us over the head with the "Jessie's a lesbian" subplot for the whole season that by the time they finally addressed the issue, it seemed a little tiresome. Still, they did a good job with it. I too don't like where the Grace plotline is going. Where they about to kiss in Mr. Dmitri's car? I certainly hope not. Maybe there's something more to his poetry, but it just didn't feel right.

The disclaimer before the show was a little lame.

They should show something like this before each episode:

"WARNING: This show depicts realistic characters in realistic situations. It's not like all that other crap you normally watch, so brace yourselves ... it's actually good."

das
Old 03-12-02, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh, I forgot, the whole "Is Mr. Dmitri gay or not?" was getting tiresome as well. They even went to all the trouble of having someone named "Chris" call him up in Grace's presence. "Chris" is a nice gender neutral name, of course.

Maybe it's just me, but will Grace be in therapy by the end of the season (joining Jessie, perhaps)?
Old 03-12-02, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Patman
Maybe it's just me, but will Grace be in therapy by the end of the season (joining Jessie, perhaps)?
Grace should be in therapy already and will likely be there most of her adult life.

das
Old 03-12-02, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

But I like Gracie, I think she'll pull through okay.

What's going on with Chloe? The forgotten sister.

I can't wait until Rick and Eli find out about Jessie. Rick and Lily with have the same conversation in the bathroom, but with the roles reversed.

Who else wants to smack the hell out of that kid from Party of Five who is now Sam's kid? Judy gives me the hot.
Old 03-12-02, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Judy gives me the hot.
If Judy doesn't give you the hot (I don't care if you're male or female), you need to get to a doctor.

das
Old 03-12-02, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I wish they'd get Sam out of Judy's life. She could do so much better. Too bad Will Gluck went to go star in "Pasadena" a show that's been shelved until the summer.
Old 03-12-02, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Crap. I knew I forgot something last night. Damn. There's gonna be a rerun on Friday over at Lifetime right? RIGHT???
Old 03-12-02, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

TV Guide.
Old 03-12-02, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Once and Again 3/11/02 Spoilers!

OMG! Jessie's a lesbian! Katie finally broke down Jessie's resistance to the idea of that she's not a lesbian. The episode has Jessie avoiding Katie because Grace spilled the beans on Katie's sexual orientation. Gotta say, that kissing scene between them was pretty hot.
OMG! That kissing scene was soooooo hot. I wanted it to go on forever. Jessie is pretty hot since she has been gaining a little weight and I liked her hair in last nights episode. But that kiss was such a turn on. Two good looking girls kissing......ain't nothin wrong with that.
Old 03-12-02, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 233 Likes on 137 Posts
For the Jessie fans:

Old 03-12-02, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I gotta say, I absolutely loved last nights episode.

Certainly, the two stories have been building since the beginning of the season, but the execution and having them come together at the same time in such a fashion was absolutely stunning. The Jess/Grace showdown in the bathroom was fantastic, as was Jess's turning to the "dark side."

It's not new territory at all, but the fine performances (especially young Evan Rachel Wood) made it come alive, at least for me. I seriously haven't been able to shake the episode outta my head all day long. Probably the best dramatic hour of TV I've seen this year.

Rick and Lily were great in this episode, if only for comic relief.

I'm almost disappointed when I see what next weeks episode is about. Forget about the adults, the kids are carrying the show. Sam, what, who likes Sam? I don't want a Sam episode. And a Sam episode eventually leads to a Judy's sad episode. But I can't complain....cause Judy is hot.
Old 03-12-02, 08:24 PM
Banned

I only recently discovered this show and I think it's really great. The issues are handled in a very mature way. The writing is great and I'm amazed at this cast of very talented young actors. I wished I started watching this show from the beginning.
Old 03-13-02, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The first season was damn good, too. The second one, not so good.

The only thing I didn't like about the first season was the acting of Julia Whelan (Grace). She seems a much more natural actress now IMHO.
Old 03-13-02, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

God I love this show!

The latest episode was phenomenal. I knew there were rumblings of a lesbian outing but I never expected a kiss at the end of the show. WOW.

There was that first little peck kinda deal then she backs off.......when she leaned back and they go at it I almost fell to the floor. That's pretty bold having two teenage girls kissing on primetime television.

Ed Zwick must know this sucker going away for good.

Then on top of that, the long-rumored affair between Eric Stoltz' character and Grace begins to heat up.

I think they did that part perfectly in the car.

ARRGGGHH....I just wish they could get the damn fourth season for syndication.

Check out Lifetime on Friday night (set your VCR) if you missed this must-see (as if they're all not) episode.
Old 03-13-02, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

This is one of the most naturally acted dramas on TV today. There's hardly anything that rings false in this show. All of the actors bring the full gamut of human emotions and self-doubts to their characters, and it becomes to easy to be empathetic and sympathetic with these not-so-perfect characters.
Old 03-13-02, 03:29 PM

More bad news....Looks like a Virginia station pulled
this weeks ep from their broadcast schedule.
Reported at E! news.

Also the ratings are in for last weeks episode.
It placed 3rd...

Crossing Jordan 8.8 share
Family Law 7.4 share
Once & Again 4.4 share

1 share equals about 1 million households......

Will be interesting to see next weeks ratings as it went
up alot less heavy competeition this week.
Old 03-13-02, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I read Monday night's episode won it's time slot!

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/dailyniels...ngs.html?24472

ABC's "Once and Again" won the 10 p.m. hour with a 6.4/11 against two specials. The "Amazing Race 2" premiere averaged 6.3/11 but lost viewers in its last half-hour, while NBC's John Belushi remembrance averaged 6.0/10.
Old 03-13-02, 05:18 PM

I figured it would have better numbers this week.

Thanks for the info. We will see next week when
it goes up against regular 1st run programs CJ & FL.
Old 03-13-02, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Jadzia
I read Monday night's episode won it's time slot!

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/dailyniels...ngs.html?24472

ABC's "Once and Again" won the 10 p.m. hour with a 6.4/11 against two specials. The "Amazing Race 2" premiere averaged 6.3/11 but lost viewers in its last half-hour, while NBC's John Belushi remembrance averaged 6.0/10.

That's definitely good news. I really don't care what they're going up against at this point. At least something positive happened in the ratings.