X-Files 03-10

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-02, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X-Files 03-10

Uggg...

Just end it now.

And goodness gracious next weeks previews...
Spoiler:
Another COMA!!!!!

Get on with it!
Old 03-10-02, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I'm getting worried that they're going to have a hard time dragging it out 9 more episodes. I wonder if they'll take care of some of the older arch storylines?
Old 03-10-02, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Would a kind soul please provide a recap of tonight's show? I totally got sidetracked with the 9/11 that X-Files fell off the map for me. TIA.
Old 03-11-02, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So much stuff on tongith to watch, and what did i do: I fell asleep.

Can someone please post a synopsis. Thanks!
Old 03-11-02, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was under the impession that they were going to start REVEALING and ENDING plotlines in the last episodes .

Only 11 Minutes until the use of the "M" word...
Old 03-11-02, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I didn't even bother watching this one, a first for me since season 3. The hell with it. i'll watch when there isn't anything else on but I wasn't missing 9/11 for that nonsense.
Old 03-11-02, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I missed it and forgot to tape it...what happened? And use spoilers for those that don't want to know, but I want to know!
Old 03-11-02, 03:55 PM

A recap for those that want it.

Spoiler:
Starts off with the ex-military guy that is un-earthing the space ship having a flashback to when he and his men were trap and under fire during the gulf war. He calls for backup just as a bomb hits and kills everyone but him...then out of nowhere a group of super soldiers appear and massacre the enemy. The military guy see these super soldiers as Gods messengers thus beginning his quest to find the space ships.

So the women makes off with Scully's baby but before the woman took off, Byers was able to hide a cell phone in the baby seat.

Back at Scully's the lone gunmen are trying to track the cell phone and finally get a signal and they trace it to Pensylvania.

Dogget is still in a coma and Reyes is doing a lot of praying in the hospital chapel.

Scully and Reyes drive out to Pennsylvania but miss the woman who took the baby..she is already gone.

Back at the hospital Scully and Reyes go to the room of the FBI guy that tried to kill her baby. She brings the piece of the space ship and waves it over him which cures him so she can ask him questions. The guy tells her the her baby was born to lead the alien race and that the prophecy is that the babys father will die and the son will lead the alien race. Since the ex-military guy wants the baby that must mean that Mulder is dead and that the baby must be killed because the prophecy will become true. Just then some FBI guys bust in and the guy grabs the space ship piece from scully.

Scully disappears to Doggets room. Reyes comes back to FBI guys room and finds him dead and the space ship piece missing. She blames some other FBI guy I have never seen before.

Back in Doggets room...Doggett wakes up from coma and tells Scully that "they will come to you, but don't trust them" or something to that effect. Reyes comes to Doggets room to find Scully.

Scully gets a call from ex-military guy that if she wants to see her baby to come to a specific place and he will meet her there. She shows up but he says the only way to see her baby is to bring him the head of Fox Mulder...so now not so sure he is dead I guess. The guy leaves and Scully calls the lone gunmen who are hiding outside. They put a tracker on the guys car and start tracking him when he leaves.

Scully and Reyes follow the guy to the field where they are digging up the space ship. They get there just in time to see the space ship take off and fly away leaving charred remains of the people that were digging it up. They rush to the site and find nothing but bodies and the she hears a baby crying. Scully finds her baby and all is well.

That's pretty much it...I am leaving out a lot of filler stuff that I just didnt pay attention to.
Old 03-11-02, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is a HUGE upcoming spoiler, I am warning you now. This is a question about yesterday's show but also ties into a rumor about the future:

Spoiler:
So the Long Gunmen didn't bite it this episode? That was the only reason I was going to watch.
Old 03-11-02, 07:35 PM
Banned

Off topic: Why was the Lone Gunman show canned? I thought it was funny! Also, how many episodes were made.

On topic: Lousy episode. Has there been any X-Files character that hasnt been in a coma?
Old 03-11-02, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for the detailed summary.

Wow, could that episode be more stupid? The plots are all just run left, emote, run right, emote/ Blah blah. Maybe they should pull the plug even earlier than they planned.
Old 03-11-02, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Snake Plissken
Off topic: Why was the Lone Gunman show canned? I thought it was funny! Also, how many episodes were made.

On topic: Lousy episode. Has there been any X-Files character that hasnt been in a coma?
I don't believe that baby William has been in a coma. But I'm expecting it to happen in the second film.

I woke up Sunday mad. I was mad at all the people who wouldn't just TRY and remember ALL the great years the X-Files had provided us. I was mad that people wouldn't just let these 10 episodes also now provide us with a revisiting of the old days when this show was the best one on television.

But I watched the show on Sunday and it was awful. God, or Gods, Aliens, the "other" aliens, Super Soldiers, Mulder's dead, no he isn't, the baby is a super soldier, no he's chosen by God, give me the head of Fox Mulder, the Lone Gunmen are dead, no they're not, they've stayed out of harm's way for years and years but couldn't keep a baby safe for two minutes, Skinner's good, no he's bad, well, actually he's just indifferent, the guy from the Princess Bride just doesn't fit in, oh and then there's the water issue, and, where did the only interseting person in the season, Lucy Lawless, go? At this point, I just want to see Reyes and Scully have some really hot, two part episode, lesbian sex.

So I decided there was no way to defend the show to anyone any longer. But I still looked forward to the trailer for next week's show with anticipation. Surely, it must get better. Maybe the REALLY GOOD stuff that they decided to do after announcing the show would end hadn't really begun to play out yet. Maybe the last two weeks epsiodes were leftovers of the last two year's tired writing and confounding storylines.

Then I saw what you all saw. ANOTHER COMA! I couldn't even believe how bad it had gotten and then it all sunk in. I should be watchin' Alias. I'll come back when Mulder does.
Old 03-11-02, 11:19 PM

Originally posted by dolphinboy
At this point, I just want to see Reyes and Scully have some really hot, two part episode, lesbian sex.
Old 03-12-02, 03:37 PM

There were 13 episodes of "The Lone Gunmen" TV show made. It is a damn shame that show was canned. It was pretty funny and had interesting stories. You can find the shows to download on IRC in DIXV format.
Old 03-12-02, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

the filming tends to run about two months ahead of air time... so my guess is that this episode was filmed before they knew it wouldn't be going on.. even if it wasn't filmed, it was almost definitely written at that time..
-di doctor-