Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Who's watching 9/11 tonight?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-02, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's watching 9/11 tonight?

i am just curious as to who will be watching or who will not be watching and what the reasoning is if you aren't gonna watch? unless i find someone to record it, i will have to flip channels between it and alias but if that wasn't on i would be watching the whole thing.
Old 03-10-02, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm probably gonna watch it. i set tivo to record it in case i miss it. but i dont trust tivo's clock so i'll probably just watch myself
Old 03-10-02, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We will be watching but it will be tough.
We live within sight of the WTC site and watched tower two come down with our own eyes.

Although we have seen so much already (I don't mean just us, but everybody) I would still like to see the footage those French documentary guys came back with.
Old 03-10-02, 08:50 PM
Banned

watching it now...

nothing to say.

Did anybody heard the "thuds"? I almost got sick.
Old 03-10-02, 09:31 PM
Banned

I'm kind of trying to pay attention to this while I'm working. Did I just hear a few F-bombs?
Old 03-10-02, 09:33 PM

what channel?
Old 03-10-02, 09:36 PM
Banned

CBS.
Old 03-10-02, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

man, that was incredible. those 'thuds' were bad enough on tv, i cannot imagine what those guys have to live with. all in all, i found the documentary very well done with what i think was a great amount of respect. cheers to cbs for a job well done but i guess i should be saying that to the french brothers and the firefighters.
Old 03-10-02, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That was one of the most incredible things I have ever seen. I lost it for a minute when the 2 brothers found each other.
Old 03-10-02, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

very nice, made me feel all those feelings all over again
Old 03-10-02, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sickening.
Amazing.
Unreal.
Surreal.

A thousand other words couldn't even begin to describe what I just saw. I cannot even begin to comprehend what it was like for those men and women that responded that day...to see people falling, people trapped...to hear the calls for help and not be able to do anything.

God bless them all.
Old 03-10-02, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by indianajdp
Sickening.
Amazing.
Unreal.
Surreal.

A thousand other words couldn't even begin to describe what I just saw. I cannot even begin to comprehend what it was like for those men and women that responded that day...to see people falling, people trapped...to hear the calls for help and not be able to do anything.

God bless them all.
Nothing to add to this.
I could not have said it better.
Old 03-10-02, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
It was rough to watch, but I'm glad I saw it. The thuds were tough to take.
Old 03-10-02, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Whoa, just finished most of the documentary to this terrible chapter in our history. Some of the footage is just incredibly brave and sad. I got chills all over again as I watched the madness and chaos caused by this heinous terrorist attack, and the courageous efforts of the NYFD to try and save as many people as they could. It was simply amazing to have this account of history caught on tape, and be able to relive the horror of uncertainty and despair, and finally relief for those who made it through this ordeal.

My hats off to the NYPD and the NYFD for their heroism and their courage under such unbelievable circumstances. I don't think I'll be watching this tape once I'm done with it. It's really too disturbing to watch over and over again.

No matter what anyone else says, life is precious, treat it that way.
Old 03-10-02, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm watching it right now.

I'm speechless.
Old 03-10-02, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OMG, I just heard one of those THUDs from the people falling.. absolutely disheartening to say the least.
Old 03-10-02, 11:50 PM
Banned

Originally posted by indianajdp
Sickening.
Amazing.
Unreal.
Surreal.

God bless them all.
You said it very well. A difficult documentary to watch. And I just found it a few minutes ago.
Old 03-11-02, 12:46 AM

Kate (my better half) and I watched it tonight... we were pretty speechless, especially when they were showing the survivors meeting up back at the fire station. When the two brothers were hugging, well, not a dry eye...

It really brought it home to me. I was up in the towers, just once, about 10 years ago, when I last visited N.Y. When they showed the footage of the front lobby, it really brought back memories.
Old 03-11-02, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Very haunting and painful, but I'm glad that someone was able to record the events. I saw the events unfold from my window, and I'm quite close to the area, but to see the firemen in the lobby and that first shot of the first plane hitting = WOW! It brought back all of the feelings that had seemed to be stocked away for about 4-5 months now. So much pain, so much anger, so little closure.

An excellent documentary from the individual's aspect: it was just an amazing thing they pieced together and while it could have been a little better edited, I thought it provided a very real, very terrifying look at such a crazy experience. I'm glad that CBS aired it without trying to censor curse words and all that - the human emotion factor was just incredible. So was seeing Fr. Judge just fifteen minutes or so before he died.

This film is important and I'm glad someone was able to provide such a real experience of the matter so that we can never forget that this happened. Everything in the documentary was so palpable and I can recall that September morning like it was just yesterday, and yet, it was half a year ago! I still remember the smells and the genuine fear I felt...it was something that had just gradually been forgotten in part. That day was just so draining and horrible and yet at the same time showed how people can put aside minor things and come together for a common good.
Old 03-11-02, 01:16 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Definately a very emotional experience to just watch the documentary.

Kudos to CBS for the presentation. Also for the duo who knew what we wanted to see and what we didn't.
Old 03-11-02, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can still hear the loud bangs from the lobby in my head this morning.

It was a very moving documentary.
Old 03-11-02, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

In honor of CBS doing something right for a change, I resolve to not make fun of them for an entire week (which will be difficult considering their coverage of March Madness).

das
Old 03-11-02, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I missed it
Old 03-11-02, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I had knots in my stomach just watching. I broke down when the two brothers finally embraced.

Despite living 3000 miles away from N.Y., I still felt like they had struck me, and I imagine everyone here felt the same. It's been six months and I still well up with both rage and sadness.

Never again. Indeed.
Old 03-12-02, 12:53 AM

I sure to hope they re-air this program . Unfortunately I had to work the night it was on and missed it .

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.