Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

New season of Six Feet Under begins tonight!

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-02, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Season 2 premieres Sunday, March 3 at 9 PM ET/PT.

One of the most acclaimed shows of the 2001 season, SIX FEET UNDER takes a darkly comic look at the Fishers, a dysfunctional family who own and operate an independent funeral home in Los Angeles. Patriarch Nathaniel Fisher is no longer living (except in the hearts and visions of his family). So his wife Ruth, sons Nate and David, and daughter Claire are left to cope with the routine and not-so-routine aspects of life in the grief-management business. What emerges over the course of 13 new episodes is the quirky, sometimes disturbing - but ultimately life-affirming - story of a resilient American family.

Six Feet Under's returning cast includes Peter Krause as elder son Nate Fisher whose new career as a co-owner of Fisher & Sons is sidetracked by romantic and medical problems; Frances Conroy as Ruth Fisher, the family matriarch, who turns to self-help seminars to find her identity; Michael C. Hall as younger son David Fisher, whose liberating admission that he is gay is offset by his inability to find a romantic replacement for Keith Charles (Mathew St. Patrick), his former partner; Lauren Ambrose as Claire Fisher, the restless teenage daughter with a dangerous attachment to a troubled classmate, Gabe.

The Fishers' lives are intertwined with friends and loved ones, both living and deceased. Rachel Griffiths as Nate's girlfriend Brenda Chenowith, whose own family might be more dysfunctional than the Fishers; Freddy Rodriguez as Federico Diaz, the young mortician who has his own growing family to worry about; and Richard Jenkins as Nathaniel Fisher Sr., the deceased patriarch, who reappears in flashbacks and daydream-like visitations, serving both as a comfort and conscience to those he left behind.

Six Feet Under was created, co-written and executive produced by Alan Ball, who wrote the screenplay for the award-winning film AMERICAN BEAUTY. Other executive producers include Robert Greenblatt, David Janollari and Alan Poul. The Co-Executive Producer is Bruce Eric Kaplan and the Supervising Producers are Rick Cleveland, Scott Buck and Laurence Andries. The Producers are Christian Taylor and Jill Soloway.

SIX FEET UNDER is the winner of two 2001 Golden Globe Awards

Best Television Series -- Drama
Best Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture made for Television: Rachel Griffiths

SIX FEET UNDER has also received the following nominations:

Screen Actors Guild Awards

Best Male Actor in a Drama Series: Peter Krause Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series

AFI Awards:
Drama Series of the year: Alan Ball
Actor of the Year: Michael C. Hall.
Old 03-03-02, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No doubt... all these marathons over the last few nights have just wet my appetite for more. I didn't miss an episode last season, and I certainly don't plan to this time around. Bring 'em on!
Old 03-03-02, 11:58 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Woo-Hoo. Been waiting for this day for months.
Old 03-03-02, 03:22 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
The Tivo is locked and loaded

In looking at the posters and seeing the cast at the golden globes or whatever was the last award show I noticed how a lot of them have lost weight.

That's the easy weight loss program, get on tv, then get a personal trainer, and chef and voila instant fit bodies, not that rachel griffiths needed to lose any weight
Old 03-03-02, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tough decisions...

Watch 6FU...Tivo Alias
-or-
Watch Alias...Tivo 6FU

what to to?
Old 03-03-02, 08:40 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can I just say that I really like Lauren Ambrose? I thought she was great in "Can't Hardly Wait," and I didn't see her in anything since then. Glad to see she's getting work.
Old 03-03-02, 09:16 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by Static Cling
Can I just say that I really like Lauren Ambrose? I thought she was great in "Can't Hardly Wait," and I didn't see her in anything since then. Glad to see she's getting work.
I agree, Lauren Ambrose is great. Eric Balfour sure is getting his work though...both SFU and 24.

Great sig, BTW.