Reload this Page >

Ed - 2/27 - 8 PM EST, NBC

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-27-02, 05:57 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ed's back from its Olympic hiatus, with guest star Kelly Ripa as another one of Ed's flings! Why can't this guy find a long-time girl already? He's a lawyer, and he owns a bowling alley... I mean, COME ON.

Principal Jackass, Cheswick, and Molly's boyfriend Jim will also make appearances. Probably not all in the same scene, though.
Old 02-27-02, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YEAH!!!! new ed tonight!!!

ok, now that i have seen it...

for the lack of a $10 bet.

i wasn't too impressed with kelly rippa. true she was cute and all but i didin't think she served much of a purpose other then to give ed a girl for the week. at least the girl from a couple of weeks ago with the court case served to show us that "you can never compromise on the girl." man what a great line. anyway, overall kind of a so-so episode for me.

Last edited by kevin75; 02-27-02 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-27-02, 10:34 PM
Admin Emeritus

"Uh... got your laundry here. It's clean... worked out great. Static cling's... gonna be the furthest thing from your mind."

SHOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUT OOOOOOOUUUUUUT!

The killing line with this girl and this episode was when Ed said "None of [those roads] have been with me." I about spit out my chicken and broccoli. Whammo.

Kelly Ripa kept on going back and forth between "almost too cute" and "smoking hot" during the ep. Why'd she have to leave?

My feelings on the Girl-Of-The-Week issue is this: Writers, end the Carol-Dennis relationship already, please. You, they, and I all know that Ed and Carol will eventually end up together... but for now, they're throwing meaningless little one-ep flings into Ed's life. It feels like some sadistic meta-version of Dana's Dating Plan (all you Sports Nighters know what I'm talking about). Once a new actress is added to the title sequence (Clem who? Moment in the what? Whatever.), THEN I'll entertain the possibility that Ed will end up with someone else. For now, though, the writers are one raving pack of Danas, passing off psychotic behavior as cute, and I'm not having it. They need to get their collective ass out of the men's room.

All you non-Sports-Nighters, I apologize. Please watch Sports Night on Comedy Central (3:30 AM EST, Wed-Fri... record it if you can't stay up late), and it will all make sense. And you will be better people for having seen such an outstanding show.
Old 02-27-02, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

static, you just had to bring back the horrible memories of the 'dana dating plan'. man was that ever torturous or what?? sports night was one of the best shows ever. thank goodness for comedy central so now i have all of them.
Old 02-28-02, 12:35 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by kevin75
static, you just had to bring back the horrible memories of the 'dana dating plan'. man was that ever torturous or what?? sports night was one of the best shows ever. thank goodness for comedy central so now i have all of them.
I'm in the process of archiving Season 2 to video right now... don't have Season 1 yet. Hopefully CC will keep showing them so that I can get them all. I miss CC's old schedule for showing Sports Night, which seemed to be almost two or three times a day. Now it's three times a week, WAY early/late. Ugh.
Old 02-28-02, 05:20 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Man I knew this mustache would pay off sometime!
Old 02-28-02, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I thought this wasn't one of the better episodes of "Ed", it was just flat. Maybe it was due to the 3 stories, but I hated the pay-off in all 3 of them.
Old 02-28-02, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
I thought this wasn't one of the better episodes of "Ed", it was just flat. Maybe it was due to the 3 stories, but I hated the pay-off in all 3 of them.
Well, while a couple of the story lines didn't end up too great, I was happy to see that Cheswick valued his friendship with Ms. Vessey more than some stupid school news show.

Ed: "That would have been so much cooler if she had said yes."
Old 02-28-02, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The whole Kelly Ripa plotline just seemed like one long string of $10 bets to me. She was so cute it made my fillings ache, but not a great episode. The Molly & Jim twist may lead to some interesting stuff later on.

Honk!