Reload this Page >

Who else isn't watching WWF anymore?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-18-02, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they have thoroughly ruined their product, gradually at first, and the last straw was bringing back the NWO. They're making all the same mistakes that made WCW suck...I'll give them another chance at Wrestlemania, but I think my humble opinion (and hopefully others who are disappointed in the WWF) can be best heard by not watching and lowering their ratings enough to realize they're doing something stupid.
Old 02-18-02, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The whole introduction of the NWO was a joke at the PPV. I have no idea what they are doing, but it looks like they've ruined another angle. The WWF has been a disaster ever since the WCW buy out. I have rarely watched in recent weeks, but I checked out No Way Out and it was a totaly disaster IMO. The NWO looked like they idiots at the beginning of the PPV and weaklings at the end of the show when they could barely handle Austin. I've got better things to do on Monday night than watch the crap the WWF is putting on TV.
Old 02-18-02, 10:55 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Speaking only for tonight's Raw, I enjoyed seeing The Rock get his butt kicked by the NWO in the ring and the stunts that followed outside.

The Rock vs Hogan at Wrestlemania? Sounds good to me. Then again I was a fan of WCW and Eric Bischoff so WHAT do I know?
Old 02-18-02, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I haven't followed WWF entertainment since the "Invasion". Either I've matured out of it or its just not as good as it used to be.
Old 02-18-02, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't watched in months. They took too many great angles and mucked them up. Ruining the WCW and ECW angles was the last straw. It could have been one of the biggest events in wrestling history, and instead it was just boring.

das
Old 02-18-02, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

you missed out because tonights raw was great and nWo totally annihilated the rock, razors edge! jackknife powerbomb! hammer to the back of the head! legdrop! and then rock is in the ambulance and nWo stops the ambulance and they beat up the ambulance with tire jacks and chains and then hogan gets in a diesel and rams the ambulance 3 times with the rock in it! i feel sorry for you guys that missed it
Old 02-18-02, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've been a pasive viewer at best since the buyout of WCW and Fall of ECW, but the potential of the NWO angle has brought me back in the fold.
Old 02-18-02, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Tonights RAW pumped me up like wrestling used to when I was a kid. I am sorry but there was something amazing in seeing Hogan in a WWF ring once again.

The Rock and Hogan. Amazing. Yeah they have a combined 5 moves between the two of them, but they are probably the two most dynamic superstars ever in wrestling.

What we are seeing now is something that was dreamed about for years, all the superstars together.
Old 02-18-02, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I don't watch as much, but I keep up with the events and I have an general interest in the product. I just don't rush home to view it. I can always get a sum up of the highlights in the next one I watch.
Old 02-19-02, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tonight's Raw was great from every perspective except two:

(1) Not much to talk about in terms of in-ring wrestling except the main event.
(2) It creeps me out a little bit when they do the "this is a real life injury, we're not kidding folks" angle because it makes me think of Owen. I mean, they could still do the angle, but I don't think it had to be sold that way.

In particular, the unpredictability of the commercial breaks and the flow of the show made it much more interesting. They still relied on replays way too much -- I would rather they use that time to give the short matches time to develop -- but oh well. Vince wants to market "sports entertainment", not wrestling.

I have no idea how they will avoid exposing the nWold's weaknesses in the ring over the long run...they can't do these kind of beatdowns every show (a la WCW and its demise). But this was a pretty good way to kick off their run on free TV.

Hogan cut a great promo, by the way.
Old 02-19-02, 02:12 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
I missed Rock giving rock-bottom to Hogan but was able to get these (in the order that they were dished out):

Hall on Rock, Razor Edge:

Nash on Rock, Power Bomb:

Hogan on Rock, LDoD:

--HN
Old 02-19-02, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I gave up on wrestling years ago.

Nothing but alot of talking and pandering for the camera. What little action there was has been reduced to the smallest amount of the program.
Old 02-19-02, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
I thoroughly enjoyed last night's Raw, and that is something I have not done for several months in terms of being totally enamored with the whole show.

The Hogan/Rock promo was an instant classic, and one cannot deny that the two of them play very well off of each other. In terms of the NWO beatdown gimmick, give them time. That is the typical approach for any new talents in the biz angle wise. I will say that they shouldn't push it though.

Overall, a great show and I am glad it is back on track.
Old 02-19-02, 11:39 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by KnightSkywalker
Tonights RAW pumped me up like wrestling used to when I was a kid. I am sorry but there was something amazing in seeing Hogan in a WWF ring once again.

The Rock and Hogan. Amazing. Yeah they have a combined 5 moves between the two of them, but they are probably the two most dynamic superstars ever in wrestling.

What we are seeing now is something that was dreamed about for years, all the superstars together.
I know what you mean man! I actually got chills last night watching Hogan in a WWF ring again. The crowd reaction was also awesome toward him. I loved it when they were chanting Hogan moreso than the Rock, I loved it! Last night was the first time I had been pumped to watching wrestling in a looong time!
Old 02-19-02, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm an old WCW mark but....

Even though I never cared for what Vince did to wrestling, I gave his product a shot during the entire Invasion angle. I thought some of it was good, but it could have been better. Now I really like the nWo but don't feel comfortable about seeing them in the WWF because I know that Vince owns the angle. It just isn't the same when Bishoff was in charge.

My only interaction w/wrestling now is reading the after show recaps on different sites. I'm still hoping that another organization can start up and give the WWF a run....
Old 02-19-02, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can you imagine what SCSA's response to all this will be ?

My reactions to Austin's revenge -
Old 02-19-02, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I used to follow wrestling pretty closely in college. Got away from it after I graduated for a few reasons, was in Europe for a few weeks and didn't have cable for many, many months.

I also liked WCW more for two reasons I guess. One, they had more talent and two they had the cruiserweights. Slowly the WWF really got some good wrestlers though. From people like Edge, the Hardys, and so forth, to Jericho and such they definitely have had the more interesting wrestlers for a while now. But still no cruiserweights. I guess I'm in the minority when I say I really enjoy watching a Rey Mysterio vs. Billy Kidman or Juventud Guerrera vs. Psychosis match.

I also think they really screwed up the Invasion angle. In the end, it wasn't even so much ECW/WCW vs. the WWF either. It was Stone Cold, Test, Christian, and so forth vs. the WWF. Granted people like the Dudleys used to be in ECW. But then again most of the people have been in several federations. The only new people they really use are Booker T and Rob Van Dam.

Currently they have so many talented people, and you never see a lot of them for weeks. And then the matches are the same ones over and over. part of it is they don't have nough time. I mean there were what, 6 matches on Raw?

I just think they could do a whole lot more, but I'll keep watching most of the time
Old 02-20-02, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
I've never watched this stuff.... just doensn't interest me.

-k
###
Old 02-20-02, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Is the Iron Sheik still on?

Bah---America---Ptooey!

Ricky the Dragon still coming off the top rope?

I quit right around the time the Ultimate Warrior came on the scene...

Although I did make a brief comeback for The Undertaker.
Old 02-20-02, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was pretty much a lifelong fan....
I gave up on the WWF after the Invasion angle began/failed miserably. I tried watching a few weeks ago for the return of Goldust, but I couldn't stand the fans yelling "WHAT" every few seconds.
No more wrestling for me.
Old 02-20-02, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hopefully there are enough of us who think it sucks...then maybe Vince will fix things and make it enjoyable to watch again.

Hulk Hogan must have had a gym at his nursing home...
Old 02-21-02, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok Smackdown is entertaining tonight. The NWO is getting TOLD by Austin. That is what was wrong with them in WCW. No one ever really got them back. But Austin is. This is great.
Old 02-21-02, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by KnightSkywalker
Ok Smackdown is entertaining tonight. The NWO is getting TOLD by Austin. That is what was wrong with them in WCW. No one ever really got them back. But Austin is. This is great.
Umm...thats why it WORKED in WCW. They were untouchable.
When the playing field is leveled it just turns into a regular ol' feud.
Old 02-21-02, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree with Burnt Alive, why is the nWo running from everybody after being promoted as being "cancer" and "poison"? They should have come in, kicked a*s for awhile and in a month or two start the running and stuff. This angle will have Tajiri cleaning house with the nWo by next months PPV.
Old 02-21-02, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I'm actually enjoying this austin getting even and all. pretty enterainting and all

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.