Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

I really wish they'd put NewsRadio on DVD

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

I really wish they'd put NewsRadio on DVD

Old 05-01-01, 04:16 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NewsRadio was one of the most underrated comdeies of the 90's that was really good but never got the attention it deserved (The second is Brisco County JR) I really wish they'd put all the seasons on DVD... (They dont have to do they last season since it went downhill real fast... although the first episode which explains bill mcneal dying was sad yet very good)

Old 05-01-01, 08:42 PM

I agree but they have to do the last season. The parts with Johnny Johnson were great.
Old 05-01-01, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think my signature says it all.....
Old 05-02-01, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I agree, always see the one in syndication.
Old 05-02-01, 12:03 PM
Cool New Member

Show me a woman who isnt jealous of another woman, and well, I'll show you a man..." Bill McNeal
Old 05-16-03, 02:08 PM

Looks like its coming to DVD but from this dvdfile.com article (below) it looks like it'll be one of those best of's. Its better then nothing i guess

"Just in from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment is the announcement of the next five new TV titles to get the DVD treatment, as picked by visitors to the Sony Pictures "DVD TV Poll" website (visit http://www.sonypictures.com/cthe/tv/tvondvd.html for more info). Coming up this year are complete first season sets of the classics Soap and Dilbert, plus Tick: The Complete Series, The Best of Ripley's Believe it or Not, and collections of Designing Women, Forever Knight and NewsRadio. Watch for full specs, street dates and pricing to be revealed soon."
Old 05-16-03, 02:43 PM

wow.. resurrecting a 2+ year old thread. Impressive

Anyways, good news for NewsRadio fans! Just wish they'd do the full seasons... never really watched the Johnny Johnson episodes.
Old 05-16-03, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 164 Likes on 117 Posts
I'd buy any collection that includes the "Chock Full O' Nuts" episode.
Old 05-16-03, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Super Karate Monkey Death Car

Mr. James: "The original title of this book was 'Jimmy James, Capitalist Lion Tamer' but I see now that it's... 'Jimmy James, Macho Business Donkey Wrestler'... you know what it is... I had the book translated in to Japanese then back in again into English. Macho Business Donkey Wrestler... well there you go... it's got kind of a ring to it don't it? Anyway, I wanted to read from chapter three... which is the story of my first rise to financial prominence... I had a small house of brokerage on Wall Street... many days no business come to my hut... my hut... but Jimmy has fear? A thousand times no. I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey strong bowels were girded with strength like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo... dung. ...Glorious sunset of my heart was fading. Soon the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans... and pants to match. The monkey clown horrible karate round and yummy like cute small baby chick would beat the donkey."

Question: "What did you mean when you said, "Feel my skills, donkey donkey donkey, donkey donkey?"

Thanks to http://www.evilzero.com/NewsRadio/Episodes/Ep57.htm
Old 05-16-03, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I loved both of the episodes mentioned above, as well as Towers, when Matthew has his 30th birthday and turns punk.
Old 05-17-03, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Jimmy James: Look at Disney. If Hunchback of Notre Dame is running a deficet, you think Mickey Mouse gonna jump right in and bail him out? Hell no!

Dave: Well what about Scrooge McDuck, he's the one with all the money?

Jimmy James: No no no. Ducks uh...ducks hate hunchbacks.

Classic show. Sucks that its best of's, but I'd pick them up regardless, and double dip.