DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 08-28-17, 06:52 PM   #26
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Good old fast Firefox is back

The memory leaks are still a huge issue on the latest Firefox 55. That has been Mozilla's downfall since Version 4 of the browser. 4-6 tabs and suddenly the browser spikes and the processing starts leaking memory.
Old 09-20-17, 12:52 PM   #27
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
The memory leaks are still a huge issue on the latest Firefox 55. That has been Mozilla's downfall since Version 4 of the browser. 4-6 tabs and suddenly the browser spikes and the processing starts leaking memory.
Yeah! My problem is this goddamned memory leak. It'll be going fine (using around 450,000 K memory), then out of nowhere, it drops to 100,000 K memory, stops responding for almost 10 minutes, then builds it's memory back up and starts responding again. No idea why it does that - didn't do that before this most recent update.
Old 09-20-17, 04:09 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
Yeah! My problem is this goddamned memory leak. It'll be going fine (using around 450,000 K memory), then out of nowhere, it drops to 100,000 K memory, stops responding for almost 10 minutes, then builds it's memory back up and starts responding again. No idea why it does that - didn't do that before this most recent update.
That was the kind of thing that pushed me to try Vivaldi (think Chromium) and it's rapidly becoming my go to browser. Different than Firefox as it's Chrome like but so far no issues. Then again I jump around t multiple browsers as sort of a hobby.