There are various types of LIFX:
- LIFX Multicolor "Color 1000". This is the older (2nd) generation that I mentioned above and can be adjusted over the full color spectrum, 1000 lumens, $45.
- LIFX Multicolor. That's the newer (3rd) generation, and it gives brighter and truer colors, 1100 lumens, $60.
- LIFX White, 800 or 900 lumens ($23 on their web site http://www.lifx.com/products/white-8...nt=30298000579
). This gives dimmable white light, but no colors. Note that with LED lights, you cannot dim them from a wall dimmer, and that's why you need to get a "smart LED" that you dim with your phone app.
- LIFX+. It adds infrared light so your security camera can see better in the dark.
- Cool white? You can adjust from cool white to warm white. That's one reason these bulbs cost more than the $2 bulbs at Home Depot that can be made to cool white or warm white only.
Within each type, you have to select either A19 (standard bulb) or BR30 (flood light bulb). BTW, when you get your lamp, check the diameter of the "can" that the bulb goes in, because LED lights are usually wider than normal and might not fit.
Is it bright enough? 800 lumens is equivalent to a 60w incandescent bulb, and 1100 lumens to a 75w bulb. I would say it's bright enough for accent lights, but not for reading if that's the only light in the room.