Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 09-09-09, 05:52 PM   #1
dtcarson
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Roboform Online (sync)?

I bought Roboform a while back and love it. I didn't get the To Go because I don't need that functionality very often, and where I can use it the most now (my iphone) it wouldn't work.

Recently (not sure how recently) they've created this "Roboform Online" feature which appears to be free for paid Roboform users.
You sync your local Roboform content with their website, via a secure connection and password protected, and can then access it from any other computer, including the iphone - the site even says "Roboform Online for iPhone" when accessing it via the iphone.

Has anyone used this functionality? It's supposed to be totally secure, and stored encrypted/protected even on their machines so they can't even access it. I would love this functionality but I'm just a little wary of putting my 200+ passwords in one place online.
Old 09-14-09, 02:35 PM   #2
roboform

Re: Roboform Online (sync)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcarson View Post
I bought Roboform a while back and love it. I didn't get the To Go because I don't need that functionality very often, and where I can use it the most now (my iphone) it wouldn't work.

Recently (not sure how recently) they've created this "Roboform Online" feature which appears to be free for paid Roboform users.
You sync your local Roboform content with their website, via a secure connection and password protected, and can then access it from any other computer, including the iphone - the site even says "Roboform Online for iPhone" when accessing it via the iphone.

Has anyone used this functionality? It's supposed to be totally secure, and stored encrypted/protected even on their machines so they can't even access it. I would love this functionality but I'm just a little wary of putting my 200+ passwords in one place online.
RoboForm Online is additional functionality to RoboForm. It synchronizes what is on your local installation with our server. Therefore you are not ceding full control of your data to us :-)

Also, kindly be advised that we will be submitting a RoboForm iPhone app for use with RoboForm Online to the app store in the next few weeks.

Please feel free to hit me up at twitter.com/roboform or offline at s2davis (at) roboform [dot] com for any additional questions.

-Simon Davis
Marketing Manager/Siber Systems