Figure this one out...
I have a strange problem. I just replaced my Linksys WRT54GS wireless router with a WRT54GX2 wireless router. I have 2 PCs – 1 desktop wired to the router and 1 wireless notebook. Ever since the swap, I have noticed that exactly 2 web sites that I cannot access on my notebook. I have no problem with any of the other sites I’ve tried – only these 2 (linksys.com and mckesson.com). However, I am able to access them on the other PC. And if I try to access them wirelessly on my work laptop here at home, I CAN. In addition, if I wire this notebook directly to the router, I CAN access those sites. I just cannot access them wirelessly on this 1 notebook. I have reset everything, dumped DNS cache, browser cache, etc. I’ve tried disabling the firewall in the router, but no luck. I don’t think it’s spyware because MS AntiSpyware turns up nothing. I’m using a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and my host file looks fine (see below). All PCs using Windows XP.
I currently have the network set up as follows:
Router – 192.168.1.1 – DHCP enabled starting at 192.168.1.100
Using Static IPs as follows:
Printer – 192.168.1.10
Desktop – 192.168.1.20
Laptop – 192.168.1.30
# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
# For example:
# 188.8.131.52 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 184.108.40.206 x.acme.com # x client host
Last edited by Patrick G; 10-29-05 at 10:04 AM.