Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 08-09-05, 02:12 PM   #1
dick_grayson
DVD Talk Legend

Lotus Notes help

I am trying to create an automated agent to send out this memo every Monday at 9 am. I went to create agent and followed the steps and so on, but it seems that when I test it, it tries to send every email I have, instead of the one I just created. Is there a way to send out a stationary weekly? or something simple like this? I'm not too good with computers, so I imagine it might be above my head. All the tech peeps don't have a clue though either, so I'm turning for help here. Thanks
Old 08-10-05, 01:34 PM   #2
Aaron Campagnone

Ok, I just created an agent in Notes 6.5.4 and sent myself over 60k emails over a 2 miute period...give me a few minutes to sort this out.
Old 08-10-05, 02:45 PM   #3
Aaron Campagnone

Ok,
FIgured out why the massive amounts of email were sent. In the runtime section of the agent, you will notice there is a place to set the schedule, and a target section. THe target choices are all documents in database and all new documents in database. Either one will cause a horrendis loop of death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For my test, I had the agent send a test email based on a schedule of every minute. Well since my inbox has over 5000 messages in it, the first minute generated 5000 instances of the test email. Now, the second scheduled action, generated 10000 emails, the third generated more, and you can see how badly I was screwed.
NOt sure how to get around this for you though. In theory, you could create a new database, with no messages in it, add a dummy message, and as long as your email did not go to that database, each scheduled run would generate only 1 email to the recipiant.
Hope that helps