Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 01-31-05, 11:26 AM   #1
VinVega
Administrator

Brazil Makes Move to Open Source Software

From NPR
Quote:
The government of Brazil says it will switch 300,000 government computers from Microsoft's Windows operating system to open source software like Linux. Microsoft founder Bill Gates wants to meet with Brazil's president to discuss the change. Brazil is dropping all proprietary software.
If you goto the link, you can listen to the story. They don't seem to have a transcript of the story at this point, but basically, the government of Brazil is planning to move all PC's from Windows to open source technology (I'm assuming Linux). Apparently, Bill Gates is somewhat nervous over this idea, and rightly so.

What experiences have you had with Linux boxes and what is the best OS for PC dummies to use? I've heard of Lindows, but I've never actually seen the OS in action. Does linux have an GUI's that are decent?