Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 11-10-03, 07:49 PM   #1
Joxer
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can't access a webpage (CALLING ALL ITs)

There is a webpage for a local theatre company that lists the current plays and the ticket quantities left of each play. I have always been able to acces this page. That is however, untill I got my new router. I have 3 computers on this router and none of them can access this page. I have even tried it with Netscape, IE, and Opera....nothing. Could some of you out there who are familiar with webscripting possibly look at this website and see if there is something on my router I need to change to access this page? I frequent this theater quite....uhh... well, frequently and it's a inconvience to have to IM my friends to check on the availaiblity of tickets.

The page is:

http://ducats.shakespearetavern.com/...?mode=calendar
Old 11-10-03, 09:05 PM   #2
mikehunt
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
I'm not as good with javascript as I wish I was, but other than the code being really long due to the tables it doesn't look like there should be anything strange in the scripting.
is the router somehow set to block that ip address or a range of IPs with that address in the range?
is it just that page or the whole site?
does http://68.16.99.125/ducats/online?mode=calendar work?
Old 11-10-03, 09:12 PM   #3
Joxer
DVD Talk Special Edition

no, it doesn't work. I failed to mention that all of the other pages on the Shakespeare Tavern's website work fine, it's just the calendar page.
Old 11-11-03, 01:58 PM   #4
Ben732
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

what brand and model Router do you have?
Old 11-11-03, 04:35 PM   #5
Lampei
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hey, I went to that place in college
Old 11-11-03, 05:52 PM   #6
jkcarter

The page in question has the HTML HEAD & BODY tags declared twice on the same page.
That's a no, no.

There is a Meta tag refresh for "localhost:8080" inside a commented area, as well as some unfinished table code in another. Also some other table & sizing errors.

It's way messy code (NetObjects Fusion), but none of these should be a problem for most browsers. The HTML HEAD & BODY tags my be a problem for your router, but it's doubtful.

You might ask the webmaster to clean up his code if you can't find the problem in your router. A small thing to ask if they want your business.

As someone else asked please post your router make/model.
Old 11-11-03, 09:16 PM   #7
Joxer
DVD Talk Special Edition

My router is a DLink, and the model is a DI614+

I'm sure it's my router. All of you were able to access it, but I can't access it with any computer connected to my router. And I WAS able to access it before I installed my router.
Old 11-12-03, 05:04 AM   #8
jkcarter

I know it's a long shot but the DI614+ has URL & Domain blocking under the advanced tab in the browser based configuration utility. Is there a chance you have any urls set-up there?
Old 11-12-03, 11:55 AM   #9
Joxer
DVD Talk Special Edition

no, it's empty. I did try adding the url to the "Permitted" list, but it didn't do anything.
Old 11-12-03, 01:09 PM   #10
AndyCapps
Moderator Emeritus

You have added a software firewall(like Norton or ZoneAlarm) or changed any firewall settings since the last time you got the site to work? I couldn't access a few websites after I installed a new version of my firewall software because of some different security settings.
Old 11-12-03, 01:16 PM   #11
Joxer
DVD Talk Special Edition

no software was changed. I know for a fact it's something with my router, cause if I unplug my CAT5 cable from my router and plug it directly into my modem, the page loads perfectly fine.