Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 10-31-03, 09:57 PM   #1
Sdallnct
DVD Talk Legend

Trouble w/Outlook and Yahoo

I bought the Yahoo premier service and went thru set up in Outlook. While on the road everything worked fine.

However, now home...having some trouble. Can receive in Outlook, but cannot send. So did some search at Yahoo and found this:

"If you have set the "Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server" field in Yahoo! Mail to smtp.mail.yahoo.com, have set your client to use authenticated SMTP, and find that you can receive but cannot send messages, you may have to use your ISP server's address, rather than Yahoo!'s. Please contact your ISP for the SMTP server address to enter."

So is there a work around this? I travel a lot, which is one of the reasons I use Yahoo. But I like to use Outlook. Is there a way set up multiple mail accounts and have Outlook look at all of them?

Home Theater Build
Old 11-04-03, 02:25 PM   #2
toq

Re: Trouble w/Outlook and Yahoo

Quote:
Originally posted by Sdallnct
So is there a work around this?
Were you using the same ISP on the road that you're using at home?
Quote:
Is there a way set up multiple mail accounts and have Outlook look at all of them?
As long as they are POP3/IMAP e-mail accounts, yes, you should be able to set them up in Outlook. You can even create rules such that e-mail from each account is dumped into a separate folder.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-04-03, 10:31 PM   #3
Sdallnct
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: Trouble w/Outlook and Yahoo

Quote:
Originally posted by toq
Were you using the same ISP on the road that you're using at home? As long as they are POP3/IMAP e-mail accounts, yes, you should be able to set them up in Outlook. You can even create rules such that e-mail from each account is dumped into a separate folder.

Hope this helps.
When I set up Outlook I was at a hotel that had free high speed. It all worked no problem.

When I got home was going thru my wireless network which is connected to COX cable internet.

But I travel a lot. And each trip I may be doing something different. Sometime free high speed, sometimes my ATT dial up account, sometimes have to use a free AOL disc, etc.

Usually when I travel, once I get there, I stay in one place for several weeks. So I don't mind spending a little time setting up something.

Home Theater Build