Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 10-10-03, 11:06 PM   #1
Paradigm
Banned

Hard drive has 15 gigs...properties says 37 gigs used...

Question...I had a lot of media on the HD, and I transferred it to my external HD, when I highlight all the folders on C and check the properties, it tells me I have 15 gigs total...but right clicking on drive C and going to properties tells me the size used before I moved the files - around 37 gigs. any clue about this? win xp, fast laptop. thanks!
Old 10-11-03, 10:29 PM   #2
al_bundy
DVD Talk Hero

How big is the space used by the recycle bin?
Old 10-12-03, 05:32 PM   #3
Paradigm
Banned

ok...that fixed some of the problem. i'm still getting adjusted to this Norton Protected Recycle Bin. But now, when I highlight my folders, it says that I have 14.3 GB used, which would lead to 25.7 GB free. Instead, I have 18.8 GB free, which would mean I have 22 GB used. This can't be due to, like, the discrepancy with HD/Gig space, can it? That's way too big.

Let me explain what has been happening. I move files off C onto the external, and the move is not recognize within drive C. i tried moving files from the external to drive C, and saw that the free GB went down. then, when I moved the file BACK to the external, the free GB did NOT go up. do you see what i'm saying? just kinda irks me. This is better than what it was, but I'm still trying to find where those gigabytes went.

thanks for your help al_bundy, and any more help you or anyone else has to offer. i really don't want to have to call dell...