Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 01-03-03, 10:23 PM   #1
Deftones
DVD Talk Godfather

So, I'm having a problem clicking on stuff......

I've noticed this problem recently. I'll have to click on something twice to get it to open or close. If I close out a window, sometimes it will take 2 clicks and sometimes it closes in one click. It does that with hyperlinks and anything else. I'm thinking it's a mouse problem rather than a WinXp settings problem. Anyone have idea on what may be causing the problem?
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

"You are everything that's wrong with this forum".---SleepyW
Old 01-03-03, 10:32 PM   #2
X
Administrator

I'm thinking it's a mouse problem.

Got another one?
Old 01-03-03, 10:36 PM   #3
Deftones
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally posted by X
I'm thinking it's a mouse problem.

Got another one?
No, but I've got about $600 in BB credit to spend on one.
John Henson: McDonald's has dumped Kobe Bryant as their spokesperson and have replaced him with Yao Ming. Apparently McDonald's prefers Yao because he is a bigger international star, and he doesn't rape so much.

Old 01-03-03, 10:37 PM   #4
X
Administrator

You can always try one out and return it if it doesn't fix the problem. Of course if it's an MS mouse they'll send you a replacement.
Old 01-03-03, 10:39 PM   #5
Deftones
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally posted by X
You can always try one out and return it if it doesn't fix the problem. Of course if it's an MS mouse they'll send you a replacement.
I was thinking of switching to another mouse anyways. I've been using a thumb trackball for about 4 years now, but I think it's time to go back to a regular mouse.

Old 01-03-03, 10:40 PM   #6
D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)
DVD Talk Hero

if it's a m$, here's the info to get another one.

Microsoft RMA #:
1-800-360-7561

Press 3 - Order Supplimental or Replacement Part
Press 1 - Order Supplimental or Replacement Part with
tech

Say "I have a bad Intellimouse Explorer"

Give P/N off mouse

You can check your status at:
status.microsoft.upgrade.com

Monday-Friday 5am-7pm
Old 01-03-03, 10:53 PM   #7
Deftones
DVD Talk Godfather

It's a Logitech, unfortunately. I may pick up a MS this time around b/c of the fact they will replace it.

Old 01-03-03, 10:56 PM   #8
D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Deftones
It's a Logitech, unfortunately. I may pick up a MS this time around b/c of the fact they will replace it.
well, since you've got the $$$, get an intellimouse explorer (wireless, if you want).
Old 01-03-03, 11:02 PM   #9
Deftones
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally posted by D.Phlacid
well, since you've got the $$$, get an intellimouse explorer (wireless, if you want).
I'll have to do some research. Wireless would be nice, but I don't know if I want to spend that much.

Old 01-04-03, 12:58 PM   #10
D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
I'll have to do some research. Wireless would be nice, but I don't know if I want to spend that much.
well, i have an intellimouse explorer, and love it. actually, i had the v1.0, and that broke, so they sent me a replacement, which was v3.0. i prefer the v1.0 tho.
Old 01-04-03, 12:59 PM   #11
BigPete
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Stick with a trackball ... be a man.
"What, are you kidding? Leviticus is an action packed thrill a minute! From the beginning where the lord tells Moses how to properly sacrifice animals (with much talk of blood and killing and the word "asunder" used a couple of times), to the very end where he's telling Moses what the value of a human being is, insofar as how much he should give to priests. And the bit in the middle about how everyone should keep their clothes on? Wow, just WOW, that's all I have to say." -Otto
Old 01-04-03, 03:25 PM   #12
mapson
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Quote:
I was thinking of switching to another mouse anyways. I've been using a thumb trackball for about 4 years now, but I think it's time to go back to a regular mouse.
I have always used a mouse and was thinking of going to a trackball in the future. Doesn't the trackball have less fatique? What makes you want to go back to the mouse?
Old 01-04-03, 03:41 PM   #13
Deftones
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
Originally posted by mapson
I have always used a mouse and was thinking of going to a trackball in the future. Doesn't the trackball have less fatique? What makes you want to go back to the mouse?
I have a thumb trackball. Lately my thumb has been fatigued. I know it sounds weird. I'll probably keep it, b/c it proveds about 10x more accuracy when I'm doing something like game playing.

Old 01-25-03, 07:05 PM   #14
Deftones
DVD Talk Godfather

Well, an update to this problem. I just purchased a Microsoft Optical Blue mouse, and everything is working much better. It must have been my old Logitech trackball.