Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-02, 04:02 AM   #1
Crazy Aoshi
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,882
Can someone recommend a cordless optical mouse?

I am using an ancient optical mouse, it has to be on a special pad to work. Can someone please recommend me a good cordless optical mouse, if such a thing exists? I say this because I heard all cordless mice suck. Thanks for any advice.

BTW, how much do these typically cost?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-02, 04:40 AM   #2
duy37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: San Diego to Los Angeles
Posts: 996
Re: Can someone recommend a cordless optical mouse?

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Aoshi
I am using an ancient optical mouse, it has to be on a special pad to work. Can someone please recommend me a good cordless optical mouse, if such a thing exists? I say this because I heard all cordless mice suck. Thanks for any advice.

BTW, how much do these typically cost?
i'm using the Microsoft Cordless Optical explorer, its a good shape
i had the Logitech but the shape didnt fit my hand nicely, get the logitech if you are left handed or have small hands. the microsoft has a nice big thumb rest for right handed people. typical price $60
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-02, 08:33 AM   #3
Jason Northrup
Mod Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Central Vermont
Posts: 3,883
I just got this and love it. I used a 20 off 60. maybe there's still a coupon like that hanging around.
__________________
Recent switcher.
Are you telling me you built a time machine, out of a DeLorean?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-02, 08:51 AM   #4
twikoff
DVD Talk God
 
twikoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Right Behind You!!!
Posts: 79,459
Quote:
Originally posted by Jason Northrup
I just got this and love it. I used a 20 off 60. maybe there's still a coupon like that hanging around.
that coupon can be found on the front page of techbargains.com
far right side, near the bottom of the page
i would post a link.. but Im pretty sure that also includes their affiliate link
__________________
Do you live in Idaho or Wyoming? If so, its time to Check In!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-02, 11:26 AM   #5
D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)
DVD Talk Hero
 
D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Stick out your tongue!
Posts: 37,397
how long do the microsoft ones last, battery wise? The crappy intel wireless mouse i got (non-optical) lasts about a week, so i never use it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-02, 07:26 AM   #6
eedoon
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: On the penis chair
Posts: 5,165
Quote:
Originally posted by Jason Northrup
I just got this and love it. I used a 20 off 60. maybe there's still a coupon like that hanging around.
Hell, that's my choice too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-02, 08:15 AM   #7
zuffy
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Region 1
Posts: 16,205
Quote:
Originally posted by dpham00
how long do the microsoft ones last, battery wise? The crappy intel wireless mouse i got (non-optical) lasts about a week, so i never use it.
The Energizer batteries that came with the mouse lasted 1.5 weeks. Now, I use NiMH 1200mAh batteries and they last for 4-5 days. Really sucks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-02, 08:16 AM   #8
zuffy
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Region 1
Posts: 16,205
I tried the Logitech wireless one at work and I didn't like the feel of it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-02, 08:58 AM   #9
Jason Northrup
Mod Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Central Vermont
Posts: 3,883
Quote:
Originally posted by zuffy
I tried the Logitech wireless one at work and I didn't like the feel of it.
I think the Logitech one sold by itself is different than the one they sell with the keyboard. The one that comes with the keyboard is shaped to fit your hand.
__________________
Recent switcher.
Are you telling me you built a time machine, out of a DeLorean?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-02, 01:44 PM   #10
D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)
DVD Talk Hero
 
D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Stick out your tongue!
Posts: 37,397
Quote:
Originally posted by zuffy


The Energizer batteries that came with the mouse lasted 1.5 weeks. Now, I use NiMH 1200mAh batteries and they last for 4-5 days. Really sucks.
heh...I let two friends borrow this mouse, and neither of them used it for very long. Guess they didn't like changing the batteries so often. Seriously though, why the hell did Intel release an inferior product like this. Makes you want to think twice about buying from them for other products.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-02, 07:41 PM   #11
zuffy
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Region 1
Posts: 16,205
Quote:
Originally posted by dpham00


heh...I let two friends borrow this mouse, and neither of them used it for very long. Guess they didn't like changing the batteries so often. Seriously though, why the hell did Intel release an inferior product like this. Makes you want to think twice about buying from them for other products.
You meant Microsoft right, not Intel? Well, to defend them a little, you have to consider how many hours was the mouse in used with that set of batteries. I think I get about 40-45 hours from the NiMH 1200mAh batteries.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-02, 08:58 PM   #12
D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)
DVD Talk Hero
 
D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Stick out your tongue!
Posts: 37,397
Quote:
Originally posted by zuffy


You meant Microsoft right, not Intel? Well, to defend them a little, you have to consider how many hours was the mouse in used with that set of batteries. I think I get about 40-45 hours from the NiMH 1200mAh batteries.
well, the problem is the sensitivity is too high. I can use it about 10 hours, and leave it there for a week, and my batteries would drain.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-02, 10:09 PM   #13
zuffy
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Region 1
Posts: 16,205
Quote:
Originally posted by dpham00


well, the problem is the sensitivity is too high. I can use it about 10 hours, and leave it there for a week, and my batteries would drain.
The mouse has a sensor where if you touch it, it will activate the mouse. It shouldn't drain it that quick if you don't use it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-02, 12:50 AM   #14
namja
Stealth Moderator
 
namja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: High Definition
Posts: 24,886
I used to have a cordless mouse. It wasn't optical so the battery lasted a while (typically 6 months). Still, it was a pain to have to change the batter. But my biggest beef with the cordless mouse was that it was too heavy. I gave my cordless mouse to my cousin who still uses it.

I now have a USB optical mouse designed for travel use (really small and light). I use it for my desktop. Since I'm on the computer some 12 hours a day, it makes a big difference on my hands/wrist/arm that I use a much lighter mouse.
__________________

life in high definition
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-02, 04:21 PM   #15
jumbojp
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Dingleberry
Posts: 1,662
Well it took me a few days, but I finally remembered where I saw this mouse

Itis cordless, optical and rechargable and only $39!

http://store.yahoo.com/akidacomputer/coropmouswre.html

I am thinking of picking one up to try it out!
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 PM.

Rules - DVD Talk - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.