ok, well I got everything working now. I'm not going to go into all that I did, because none of that matters. I was about to format my C drive (I have 2 HDs C and D, I did all of my tests on D which was empty) but I REALLY didnt want to do all of that, so I said, screw it, I'm just going to try reinstalling Norton Utilities. So I uninstalled, deleted the directory (which contained files that Add/Remove couldn't delete) and reinstalled....BINGO, now it can read my HDDs fine. So I guess the first thing to try is reinstall the dang software
I'm SOOOOOOOO glad I didn't find this out after I formated my C and had to reinstall everything..
P.S. To everyone above... I know what formating is. I just needed to know the switches to format because it hadn't worked right the first time (well at least I thought it hadn't)
Ok, well anyway, everything is working for me now