Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Amazon streaming issue on Samsung

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-17, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amazon streaming issue on Samsung

We moved and bought a 70" Samsung 4K. Big upgrade from the 9 year old 55" Sony we had, so overall I am pleased. I have noticed that Amazon streaming often will freeze or jump frames for a micro-second. It doesn't make anything unwatchable but i am sensitive to it. My wife doesn't seem to notice.

I have not noticed this on the Netflix app or even using HBO through the Amazon app so I would guess it's not Internet or Wi-Fi Speeds which tested high.

Just curious if anyone else has encountered this. I'm also wondering if it will happen on the Apple TV when the Amazon app launches.
Old 06-11-17, 06:53 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts
Re: Amazon streaming issue on Samsung

Smart TV apps suck. They're usually glitchy, slow and infrequently updated. 90% of the time I hear someone complaining about streaming, it's because they're using a Smart TV.

I'm sure you'll have a much better experience using an Apple TV. Personally, I recommend a Roku.
Old 06-12-17, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Smart TV apps suck. They're usually glitchy, slow and infrequently updated. 90% of the time I hear someone complaining about streaming, it's because they're using a Smart TV.
+1

The TV manufacturers put the bare minimum into their Smart apps; half of them will break 2-3 years after release.
Old 06-13-17, 07:17 AM

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by MBoyd
We moved and bought a 70" Samsung 4K. Big upgrade from the 9 year old 55" Sony we had, so overall I am pleased. I have noticed that Amazon streaming often will freeze or jump frames for a micro-second. It doesn't make anything unwatchable but i am sensitive to it. My wife doesn't seem to notice.

I have not noticed this on the Netflix app or even using HBO through the Amazon app so I would guess it's not Internet or Wi-Fi Speeds which tested high.

Just curious if anyone else has encountered this. I'm also wondering if it will happen on the Apple TV when the Amazon app launches.
Interesting. We have a 65" Samsung and we experience this problem on the Netflix App, but not on Amazon or any others to my knowledge. Most interesting indeed.
Old 06-13-17, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MBoyd

I had issues with my Samsung Apps enough times that I just went and purchased a Amazon Fire TV.

I do like Samsung's ability to read stuff on the pin-drive. Just about any file format plays without issue.