DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Streaming Talk

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Old 03-25-17, 05:37 PM   #1

AMC's Streaming Service

AMC is planning to launch a premium streaming service. It'll be commercial free and cost around $5-$7/month. It'll only be available to cable/satellite subscribers that have a package which includes AMC. I'm sure that'll annoy a lot of cord-cutters.

Personally, I'd sign-up for it. At least for a month here and there to binge watch my favorite shows. I paid $35 for the current season of Walking Dead on Vudu (since I hate commercials). That would cover 6-7 months worth of AMC's streaming service.

Quote:
AMC plans ad-free streaming service for cable subscribers

AMC Networks Inc, whose shows include "The Walking Dead," is planning to launch a commercial-free online video streaming service aimed at millennial TV subscribers, two sources familiar with the situation told Reuters this week.

Unlike standalone streaming options from Time Warner’s HBO and from CBS Corp, AMC's would be exclusively available to consumers who subscribe to a cable TV package. AMC is doing this, the sources said, as a way to support the traditional cable television industry at a time when many younger consumers are increasingly cutting the cord.

AMC is discussing featuring digital-only spinoff shows of its existing programs like "The Walking Dead" and is considering pricing between $4.99 to $6.99 a month, according to the sources, who cautioned final details are still being worked out.

Packaging the service as an add-on to existing cable bills allows AMC to curry favor with cable and satellite companies.

READ MORE - http://www.reuters.com/article/us-am...-idUSKBN16V2CW
Old 03-26-17, 09:20 AM   #2

Re: AMC's Streaming Service

I'm pretty sure some AMC content is available for some cable/satellite subscribers - pretty sure I have that feature with Dish.

If I'm already paying for the tiered programming that gives me AMC, I wouldn't pay extra to cutout the commercials. I find the last sentence in the article above interesting. Pretty sure there were a few times where AMC was blacked out due to fee structure negotiations w/the providers. Perhaps there's risk of that happening again and this is a mitigation step.
Old 03-26-17, 10:56 AM   #3
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, this is what I want. An increase to my cable bill for content I already get.
Old 03-26-17, 02:50 PM   #4
DVD Talk Legend

There is no point to this. AMC streams only have limited commercials as it is. This is just stupid.

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/cwrujosh
Old 03-27-17, 12:28 AM   #5
DVD Talk Hero

yet another paid streaming service.

But, that makes no God damn sense to limit it to paid cable/satellite subscribers. Who among them are going to pay for this? You would think that AMC would want to develop and market this for cord cutters as a standalone service.
Old 03-27-17, 12:39 AM   #6
DVD Talk Hero

http://www.avclub.com/article/amc-mi...ing-ser-252735

Even the writer of this AV Club article thinks this is a stupid idea....because of the cable/satellite requirement.
Old 03-27-17, 08:13 AM   #7
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
yet another paid streaming service.

But, that makes no God damn sense to limit it to paid cable/satellite subscribers. Who among them are going to pay for this? You would think that AMC would want to develop and market this for cord cutters as a standalone service.
Yep-Agreed.

Who has the time too watch all this stuff?

I no longer work and still there is only so many hours in each day and I probably watch too much TV.

I've been reading rumors(Nothing Official) that Fox might start their own streaming service. I was reading this earlier this year when word came out about Hulu's Live TV.

If Warner Brother's ever started a legit streaming channel(with everything WB,not just older crappy movies) this would be the Granddaddy of them all.This would include their animation(I know there is one coming out) ,tv and movie library.
Old 03-27-17, 09:00 AM   #8

I have been waiting a long time for this one in particular. And then...they had to go and make it "for cable subscribers only" and...what the ????

This in particular gets me:
Quote:
AMC is doing this, the sources said, as a way to support the traditional cable television industry at a time when many younger consumers are increasingly cutting the cord.
So, you acknowledge there are many younger consumers who are increasingly cutting the cord, and you proceed to create a paid streaming service that requires a cable subscription?

Old 03-27-17, 09:21 AM   #9
DVD Talk Hero

It's probably better to wait for a press release in this case, as that really doesn't make any sense.
Old 06-29-17, 11:41 PM   #10

AMC's premium ad-free streaming service is now available. But only for Xfinity customers.

http://www.amcpremiere.com/subscribe/

https://www.xfinity.com/amcpremiere

Quote:
AMC launches a $5 per month ad-free TV streaming service — but not for cord cutters

Cable network AMC today announced the launch of a new streaming service called AMC Premiere, which allows subscribers to pay $5 per month for access to commercial-free versions of its current TV shows, along with uncut movies, while also allowing customers to stream new TV episodes at the same time as they’re airing on television. There is, however, one big catch: AMC Premiere is not for cord cutters. At least, not yet.

Yep, that’s right. For now at least, you have to be a pay TV subscriber to use AMC Premiere — and specifically, a Comcast Xfinity TV customer.

That’s because launch of the new service is currently tied to a deal with Comcast, whose Xfinity TV customers will be able to stream the service via their set-top boxes as well as the Xfinity Stream website and mobile app. In the months ahead, authenticated Comcast customers will be able to watch via AMC.com and the AMC mobile apps, too.

----------------

Comcast is receiving a share of the subscription revenue that AMC Premiere generates as part of the deal’s terms. However, the agreement doesn’t prevent AMC from offering Premiere to other providers in the future, nor does it prevent the network from expanding to serve the cord-cutting market, if it chose.

We understand that AMC doesn’t currently have plans to go over-the-top with Premiere — it sees it more as an upgrade option for pay TV customers. But it does plan to bring it to more cable companies, satellite providers and telcos in the future.

READ MORE - https://techcrunch.com/2017/06/29/am...-cord-cutters/