Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Streaming Talk

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

View Poll Results: How many streaming services do you subscribe and pay for?
1-2 9 47.37%
3-4 6 31.58%
5-6 3 15.79%
7-8 0 0%
9-10 or more 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-17, 09:04 PM   #26
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: How many streaming services do you pay for? Are you tapped out from getting more

Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Starz, HBO Now and YouTube Red.
Old 03-16-17, 09:09 PM   #27
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Re: How many streaming services do you pay for? Are you tapped out from getting more

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
But we all know you're a serial hoarder and just like collecting content and never watch it. You'll be 160 before you ever complete watching all those Vudu movies and discs you have.

That's great that you have so much content, now will you ever not buy anything for a month or two and just watch what you have?

I was talking about the average person's usage of Vudu, not the DVD Talk, Blu-Ray.com message boarder who is familiar with buying and selling UV codes.

I'm very familiar with that. If I purchase a disc of a movie I like with a UV code, chances are I will sell it to offset some of the disc cost. I have no need for a duplicate digital copy.

The amount of Vudu/UV content that I actually have is very small. Occasionally I will use it to rent or buy a title on sale. If I can't sell a UV code that comes with a disc, then usually I'll just redeem it on Vudu just to have it.
I'll be 247 before I watch it all.

But I actually have slowed way down in purchasing, sometimes only buying a couple titles a month. And sometimes I watch over 300 a month!

Yeah, I'm an exception in some ways, but I can easily see people relying on Vudu for everything. They have great sales every week. I can see Joe Consumer deciding to just buy stuff they want to own or rent digitally versus paying for rental services where stuff you want is streaming one month and gone the next.
Old 03-16-17, 10:09 PM   #28

3 and capping it at that for now. Amazon, Netflix and Hulu
Old 03-16-17, 10:21 PM   #29
DVD Talk Legend

I don't pay for any streaming services currently. And it's hard to see that changing in the near future. I have so much to watch--whether it be a healthy amount of digital owned content or a mountain of physical media. I don't need anymore choices.

"i 'm new here. most of people in here are good. but there is a miserable person. Look into your mirror. Superboy!" --New Member, robert11