Community
Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

National Streaming Day - Friday, May 20th

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-16, 08:38 PM

Received 518 Likes on 373 Posts
National Streaming Day - Friday, May 20th

National Streaming Day is coming up on May 20th.

If you're looking to buy a new Roku, keep an eye out for deals. There were a couple sales last year. They're currently offering $10 off all models.

There's also some free content on the Roku. EPIX is giving free access this week. And many of the channels are offering additional free episodes.

This week (until 5/21/16) Roku customers can stream FREE movies and TV shows. Head over to the Roku Recommends channel to watch or visit the following partner channels:

EPIX is giving Roku customers access to ALL their movies including Mission: Impossible: Rogue Nation, Terminator Genisys, classics like Airplane, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and much more. Choose the “*Free Trial” option to start watching. Access to the Epix free trial requires an email address and zip code. When you land on the “Who is your TV provider?” page, choose “other” if you do not have cable. Ends 5/21/16.

Watch HGTV is unlocking episodes in the “Stream for Free” row on their channel, which includes Fixer Upper, Flip or Flop, House Hunters and more!

Watch Travel Channel has free episodes of Expedition Unknown, Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, Ghost Adventures and more available to stream all week – check out the “Stream for Free” row in their channel.

Watch DIY Network is streaming episodes of Vanilla Ice Project, First Time Flippers and much more. Head to the “Stream for Free” row to start streaming.

Watch Food Network has Chopped Junior, Guy’s Grocery Games, Food Network Star and more available all week in the “Stream for Free” row in their channel.

Watch Cooking Channel is offering free episodes in the “Stream for Free” row in their channel. Stream Dinner at Tiffani’s, Rev Run’s Sunday Suppers and much more.

Qello Concerts is streaming their new series, Evolution of a Song with O.A.R. for all Roku customers this week.

Watch Fusion is streaming Imagining Zootopia, a documentary on the making of Disney’s popular film, Zootopia for free all week.

CuriosityStream is giving you access to 10 hours of select science, history and wildlife shows including Walking with Dinosaurs (episode 1), Mars: The Journey, Shark Dive (4K) and more.

FULL ARTICLE - https://blog.roku.com/blog/2016/05/1...ay/#more-11802
Old 05-18-16, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Re: National Streaming Day - Friday, May 20th

Thanks for the heads up. The Epix blurb just says free access to movies, but does the trial also include their stand up comedy specials? There are a few I'd like to check out and if so, I'll relinquish my email address.
Old 05-18-16, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 338 Likes on 257 Posts

Seems like every day this year has been "National (whatever) Day"- who gets to declare these? I'll have to try out Epix and at least see how the quality is on that.
Old 05-19-16, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep an eye on your email.

I received an email from ROKU (For National Streaming Day) and it had a $5 VUDU credit in there.

Just FYI though...it expires in a week.
Old 05-19-16, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,265 Likes on 4,283 Posts

Got that promo as well. Looks like I'll buy Sword in the Stone while it's on sale.