Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Roku SE - New Limited Edition Model priced at $25

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-15, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Re: Roku SE - New Limited Edition Model priced at $25

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Y'know, any further response to this is a complete waste of time, but what the hell:
Agreed. Having a discussion with you is akin to attempting to talk to a brick wall. I now see why you have the reputation that you do on this forum.

I don't care "a lot more about" ANY one part of the movie, I care about ALL of it. And people who skip credits and call themselves fans of movie (sic) is quite surprising to me. When I worked at a theater I always wished I could ban customers who leave during end credits.
That has got to be one of the dumbest statements I have read in quite a while. Also, looks like we can add internet spelling nazi to your list of accolades.

Anyone who's seen enough movies knows that there might be another scene after the credits anyways. Plus I've learned FAR more than I could possibly list here from credits. When I worked at Tower Records, I once took an order from Kathy Nelson. Do you know who that is? Well, I did since I actually watch credits and told her that it was an honor to speak to her.
Anyone who's seen enough movies knows that there are ways to find out beforehand if there is a post credit scene. Why waste your time watching the credits when you dont need to.

As to your other little bit of useless trivia, who cares? Let it never be said that your anal-retentive attention to detail never yielded questionable results.

Most cable channels certainly are abominations. And just because they do it, doesn't mean Netflix or the like should do it. One reason why many people have dropped cable after Netflix came along is because it DIDN'T have the annoyances that cable has. Plus its way of presenting material is COMPLETELY different as each person watches what they want, when they want, not being spoon-fed whatever the program director wants to show everyone.
Yet again, you miss the point. The vast, vast, vast majority of people that watch these "abominations" don't care about the credits. They haven't for years. These "abominations" are only appealing to what their customers want. The handful or so of people that do actually care about the credits, are just going to have to get used to pressing a couple of buttons to get them back. Unless that is too hard for them.