Paramount+ with Showtime - ViacomCBS streaming service

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Paramount+ with Showtime - ViacomCBS streaming service

Old 08-18-16, 08:17 PM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts
Re: CBS Launches $5.99 A Month Subscription Streaming Service

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://www.thewrap.com/cbs-may-strip...g-for-a-price/

This article is from earlier in the year, but it says that CBS may offer a $9.99 per month commercial free option.
They brought it up again last week:

CBS ‘Toying’ With Commercial-Free All Access Option

I'd pay $10/month if it included CW shows.
Old 08-21-16, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

I just rejoined a few weeks ago. Trying too complete Hawaii Five-O(new) season 6.

I don't know about 10 bucks a month for commercial free. There isn't enough programming compared to Amazon,Hulu or Netflix.

It's too bad that they can't get another partner like WB(besides CW) so there would be plenty too watch and you wouldn't have to worry about running out of stuff too see.
Old 08-31-16, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 198 Posts

CBS has announced the commercial free version of CBS All Access will be $9.99 per month.

http://deadline.com/2016/08/cbs-all-...on-1201811555/

I don't know if $4 more is worth it unless you're watching a lot of shows on here. My main use is the Big Brother live feeds and watching the occasional CBS show that my DVR messes up.
Old 08-31-16, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

That's good news.

I have roughly 20 episodes of NCIS LA and New Orleans that I need to catch up on before the new seasons start and this will help out going through them.

I use CBS All-Access mainly as a backup as well.
Old 08-31-16, 12:26 PM

I don't mind paying an extra $4/month to skip all the commercials. But now that Supergirl and POI are gone, I don't think I watch any CBS shows.

Also, I noticed this in the Deadline article:

Those going with the higher priced ad-free option also will see “promotional interruptions” in “select on-demand shows,” the company says.
WTF does “promotional interruptions” mean?

I don't mind a short promo for other CBS stuff before/after the show I'm watching. But if they're "interrupting" the show, then that sounds a lot like a commercial.
Old 08-31-16, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
I don't mind paying an extra $4/month to skip all the commercials. But now that Supergirl and POI are gone, I don't think I watch any CBS shows.

Also, I noticed this in the Deadline article:

WTF does “promotional interruptions” mean?

I don't mind a short promo for other CBS stuff before/after the show I'm watching. But if they're "interrupting" the show, then that sounds a lot like a commercial.
My guess that applies to shows not actually owned by CBS like The Big Bang Theory. That's a WB show and I know CBS pays a fortune for it, so they probably have to have some kind of short interruption for it. Hulu does it for select shows as well even with the commercial free option.

But, shows like Criminal Minds, NCIS, Elementary, which are all owned and produced by CBS won't have that issue.
Old 08-31-16, 12:37 PM

The CBS All Access FAQ says:

Why am I still seeing ads with Commercial Free?

Commercial Free subscribers enjoy the majority of on-demand content free from promotions; however, select shows, current and prior seasons, will still include brief promotional interruptions.
I don't mind if it's like the short promos on ad-free Hulu. But if it's in the middle of shows, I'm not paying.
Old 08-31-16, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Okay I've watched a few hours of NCIS New Orleans today and they show around 3 15-second CBS promotional spots for their own shows. They pop in during the act break to commercial.
Old 08-31-16, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Okay I've watched a few hours of NCIS New Orleans today and they show around 3 15-second CBS promotional spots for their own shows. They pop in during the act break to commercial.
So there's 3 commercial breaks in the middle of a show on the "Commercial Free" plan? That sucks.
Old 09-01-16, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I haven't watched their Classics lately so are they still commercial free at the 5.99 charge?

Are these promos on all their current shows(from this last season) or are there only a few?

Also once CBS's tv season get's underway will they stop with the promos and then make it officially commercial free(9.99 charge)?
Old 09-01-16, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life

Are these promos on all their current shows(from this last season) or are there only a few?

Also once CBS's tv season get's underway will they stop with the promos and then make it officially commercial free(9.99 charge)?
The 15 second spots that I saw were from current CBS shows like NCIS, Elementary, Blue Bloods and Hawaii Five-O.

Have no clue. The news in the link did say that some shows would include them.

These spots probably aren't considered commercials to CBS because they aren't advertiser sanctioned making them money. These are just short in-house spots.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-01-16 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-01-16, 11:40 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts

I'd probably subscribe for one month once the entire Star Trek show has rolled out, binge it, and cancel.
Old 09-01-16, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
I'd probably subscribe for one month once the entire Star Trek show has rolled out, binge it, and cancel.
You're making the mistake that the CBS app will have the entire series available on there at one time. I don't see that happening for a while. My guess is they'll gradually remove episodes as new ones come, so there's never more than, say, 8 episodes available at any one time. I'm sure they're aware of people planning to buy one month to binge them all.
Old 09-01-16, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
You're making the mistake that the CBS app will have the entire series available on there at one time. I don't see that happening for a while. My guess is they'll gradually remove episodes as new ones come, so there's never more than, say, 8 episodes available at any one time. I'm sure they're aware of people planning to buy one month to binge them all.
But I suspect that they will also want to build a large library, which will make it easier to attract subscribers. There isn't really anywhere else for the Star Trek show to go. Keeping it available is one of the few things that can attract new subscribers.
Old 09-01-16, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What new content have they added in the last six months?

I quit last year and just came back recently.
Old 09-01-16, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As far as I know that once a new season starts all of the show's for that season remain available for the whole season. It's not like on-demand. Everything stays. At least that was what they did last season before I quit.
Old 09-07-16, 10:12 PM

FREE Month of CBS All-Access

Typically you only get a 7-day free trial but this week only you can get a 30-day free trial. To get this deal use Promo Code FALLACCESS when you sign up!

http://cordcuttersnews.com/deal-aler...th-cbs-access/
Old 09-08-16, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
As far as I know that once a new season starts all of the show's for that season remain available for the whole season. It's not like on-demand. Everything stays. At least that was what they did last season before I quit.
Yes, but you're not talking about exclusive to the service material. We don't know what their policy will be with that. All the stuff currently on there is either airing on TV, available on other apps, and/or available on home video. Star Trek Discovery (aside from the pilot) will be exclusive to CBS: All Access, and we already know they're not releasing the whole season at once - which is a hint to me that the whole first season won't be available all at once until maybe Season 2 comes out and/or the first season gets a video release.
Old 09-09-16, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, but you're not talking about exclusive to the service material. We don't know what their policy will be with that. All the stuff currently on there is either airing on TV, available on other apps, and/or available on home video. Star Trek Discovery (aside from the pilot) will be exclusive to CBS: All Access, and we already know they're not releasing the whole season at once - which is a hint to me that the whole first season won't be available all at once until maybe Season 2 comes out and/or the first season gets a video release.
I called them the other day and she didn't know about Star Trek Discovery(as far as the timeline for releasing each episode).
Old 09-09-16, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 328 Likes on 247 Posts

Free trial not good for the commercial-free option. Wonder if the quality has at least gotten any better since last time?
Old 12-01-16, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk God

http://deadline.com/2016/12/cbs-all-...al-1201862962/

CBS All-Access has acquired the rights for NFL content, including streaming live games starting this Sunday.

Terms include all NFL on CBS games, including Thursday Night Football, preseason and postseason matches.

CBS All Access subscribers can watch games in their local markets. And starting next season these subs, as well as what the company calls “eligible pay TV subscribers” will be able to watch NFL On CBS content from NFL digital properties.

Subs can also sample content from NFL Game Pass, the league’s on-demand digital video service.
Old 12-01-16, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Also, I've been using CBS All-Access to catch up on Bull and NCIS. It looks like they took out the short CBS promos. The commercial free option is truly 100% commercial free now.
Old 02-05-17, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

This thing is completely worthless. Tried watching a show and it started with one ad, played literally two minutes and then FIVE more. After about 7 minutes, four more ads! Canceled.
Old 02-05-17, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't understand why they are missing Perry Mason episodes? Weren't these released on dvd box sets?
Old 05-05-17, 06:38 PM

This looks interesting. I wonder what the price will be? Showtime's streaming service is $10.99. CBS All Access is $5.99 (or $9.99 ad-free).

CBS Will Offer Combined CBS All Access and Showtime Streaming Package Next Week

CBS will offer a streaming package that combines its two current standalone internet TV offerings, CBS All Access and Showtime’s over-the-top service beginning next week, Chairman and CEO Les Moonves said on the company’s first-quarter earnings call Thursday afternoon.

“Starting next week, we will begin offering All Access and Showtime as a combined package for the very first time,” Moonves said.

FULL ARTICLE - http://www.thewrap.com/cbs-will-offe...age-next-week/

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.