Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Showtime Anytime

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-12, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Showtime Anytime Now Available for Directv customers

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

The news was just announced today. Showtime Anytime in case you didn't know is Showtime's version of HBO Go. You can watch it on your PC or iPhone or IPad.

You can now stream Dexter, Homeland, Shameless and other Showtime original series etc.
Old 07-01-14, 06:23 PM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts
Showtime Anytime

Showtime Anytime is now available for the Xbox 360. And it works with Comcast Xfinity (Roku is still blocked).

Showtime's Anytime TV service starts streaming on your Xbox 360

If you're hanging on to an Xbox 360, you now have an easy way to catch up on Nurse Jackie or Penny Dreadful without reaching for the DVR remote. Showtime Anytime has finally reached Microsoft's previous-generation game console, letting you stream both live and on-demand shows so long as you already get Showtime through a conventional TV provider. It won't please cord cutters any more than earlier Anytime releases because of that limitation, but it should be handy for a bedroom TV. And don't fret, Xbox One owners -- there's an app coming for the newer system later this year, so you won't be Showtime-free for much longer.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/07/01/s...time-xbox-360/
Providers listed in the app:

AT&T Uverse
Blue Ridge Communication
Brighthouse Networks
Century Link prism
Charter
Cox
DirecTV
Google fiber
Grande Communication
MCTV
Optimum
Time Warner Cable
Verizon FiOS
Xfinity
Old 07-04-14, 04:00 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Re: Showtime Anytime

Argh, still no Dish.
Old 07-11-14, 10:29 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

Cool! I'll add it to my Xbox, thanks for the news.
Old 07-19-14, 09:08 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 920 Likes on 776 Posts

been watching Masters of Sex. very good.
Old 04-30-15, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts

I have a Roku and I have a Showtime as part of my Charter cable package. I used to not have any problem with Showtime Anytime, but, lately I cannot log in. The Roku asks for my cable provider and provides an activation code; however, when I go to my computer to activate, all I get is the black screen with the Showtime Anytime logo in the center, and that's as far as it goes (it just sits there "dead" like that. Again, this was not the case in the past, but that's all I'm getting now.
Is this just me, or is something up with Charter and Showtime?
Old 04-30-15, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

Try going to http://www.showtimeanytime.com/#/activate they redid their site pretty extensively.
Old 05-01-15, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
Try going to http://www.showtimeanytime.com/#/activate they redid their site pretty extensively.
I followed this link and I'm still getting a black background with the logo at the center and that's all, -I', unable to proceed any further, even though I've not had a problem in the past. I've got a question in at the Showtime site.
Old 05-07-15, 06:51 PM

Showtime is planning to release an OTT service (similar to HBO Now) in a few months.

HBO Now streaming rival from Showtime to launch ‘in the coming months’

On an earnings call this afternoon, CBS CEO Les Moonves announced that the Showtime over-the-top service will launch in the coming months. The idea of a Showtime streaming service was floated shortly after HBO revealed its own offering — HBO Now — but no details were revealed at the time.

The last we heard, Showtime’s OTT service had a loose release date of the “not-too-distant future.” Here’s what Moonves had to say on the earnings call today, according to CBS Communcations VP Dana McClintock:

“[We’re] looking forward to rolling out our new Showtime over-the-top service in the coming months.”

So we still don’t have a release date, but it’s beginning to sound like Showtime will be ready to roll out an a la carte option of its own before the end of the year.

http://bgr.com/2015/05/07/showtime-s...e-launch-date/
Old 06-04-15, 08:48 PM

Showtime's OTT service is going to be available in early July. It'll cost $11/mo with a 1-month free trial.

Showtime to Introduce Net Streaming Service in July

Following in the footsteps of its rival HBO, the premium cable network Showtime announced on Wednesday that its new Internet streaming service will make its debut in early July on Apple devices for a monthly fee of $11.

The service, which does not require a traditional television subscription, will include unlimited on-demand access to Showtime original series as well as hundreds of hours of movies, documentaries and sports programming. It also will include a live feed of the network’s East and West Coast broadcasts.

The service will be available on Apple devices in time for the season premieres of the hit series “Ray Donovan” and “Masters of Sex,” on July 12. Other distribution partners are expected. There is a free 30-day trial for new customers who register through Apple in July.

FULL ARTICLE - http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/bu...july.html?_r=0
Old 06-05-15, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

When I cut the cord, I'll probably keep HBO all year, but I think I'll just get showtime once or twice a year and binge.
Old 06-05-15, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 164 Likes on 121 Posts

No Dish, and no Roku or PS3. I'm out I guess.
Old 06-05-15, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,021 Likes on 843 Posts

I like the thought of catching up with season 2 of Masters of Sex during the Apple trial.
Old 06-05-15, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

If it's available for Roku, Chromecast, or PS3, I might have to subscribe for Twin Peaks when the time comes.
Old 06-09-15, 01:55 AM

Showtime's streaming app to reach Roku, PlayStation Vue

On Monday, Showtime announced that its new standalone streaming service will roll out in July to users of Roku TV and other Roku streaming devices as well as Sony's Playstation Vue cloud-based TV service. The news follows last week's announcement that the new Showtime app would debut next month for Apple TV and iOS users.

The app will deliver live broadcasts of the network's feeds from the east and west coasts and unlimited on-demand access to every season of all of Showtime's original shows. Also in the lineup will be all of Showtime's movies, documentaries and sports programs. The $11-per-month app will kick off prior to the July 12 season premieres of two of the network's popular series -- "Ray Donovan" and "Masters of Sex."

--------------------------

Roku users will be able to subscribe to the new streaming service by grabbing the Showtime app from the Roku Channel store on Roku players and TVs in the US and registering for a Showtime account. Those who sign up in July will get a free 30-day trial subscription to the service before the $11-per-month fee kicks in. Roku and PlayStation Vue owners can watch content on their supported devices as well as online.

FULL ARTICLE - http://www.cnet.com/news/showtime-st...aystation-vue/
Old 07-07-15, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk God

http://deadline.com/2015/07/showtime...ve-1201471560/

Standalone service goes live today. Deadline's article is wrong. It's an additional $8.99 per month as an add on if you subscribe to Hulu.

The price varies a bit depending on what platform you use to subscribe. It costs $10.99 a month on Apple, and Sony PlayStation Vue. But those who pay $8.99 for Hulu’s premium service can add Showtime for an additional $7.99.

In addition to Showtime’s live stream of the east and west coast feeds, online subscribers can access on demand every season of the channel’s original series, and additional programming including movies, documentaries and sports.
Old 07-08-15, 10:29 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

This now shows up as an add-on option for both Roku and Hulu+ as of today. Although the Hulu+ option shows up as $8.99 for me instead of the $7.99 previously mentioned.
Old 07-08-15, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 437 Likes on 299 Posts

No love, again, for Amazon Fire TV/Stick...
Old 07-08-15, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

That Hulu+ add-on for Showtime might make it worthwhile to finally subscribe to Hulu+, with Showtime as a add-on, rather than just Showtime Anytime. Would Hulu+ be showing commercials on the Showtime content? Does Showtime Anytime?
Old 07-08-15, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by coyoteblue
That Hulu+ add-on for Showtime might make it worthwhile to finally subscribe to Hulu+, with Showtime as a add-on, rather than just Showtime Anytime. Would Hulu+ be showing commercials on the Showtime content? Does Showtime Anytime?
The Showtime content is commercial free on Hulu. The website says it.
Old 07-08-15, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Meathead
No love, again, for Amazon Fire TV/Stick...
I haven't used my Amazon Fire TV in about six months. I mean I literally haven't even turned it on. I think it's officially a failed product. I use my Roku almost (but not quite) every day.
Old 07-08-15, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 437 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I haven't used my Amazon Fire TV in about six months. I mean I literally haven't even turned it on. I think it's officially a failed product. I use my Roku almost (but not quite) every day.
Yeah in hindsight I should have gone with the Roku and not the Fire TV deal when I got SlingTV... I still use it everyday thou between Sling and Netflix.
Old 07-09-15, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coyoteblue
You get one mini-commercial at the start of each episode of another Showtime show. About 15 seconds it feels like.
Old 07-30-15, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk God

http://deadline.com/2015/07/20th-cen...te-1201486882/

FOX is in a streaming dispute with Showtime about Homeland. They object to Showtime using the show in their streaming services and the new Hulu VOD add on.

It's really all about money. FOX wants to sell the show to other places like Netflix, but can't when Showtime is streaming it exclusively.

According to observers, one possible resolution, likely pursued by 20th TV, would be some sort of renegotiation of the terms of the original deal, which was signed when the SVOD business was in its infancy and traditional networks launching stand-alone streaming services was hardly on anyone’s radar.
Old 05-14-16, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Showtime Anytime-A Big Joke?

I have two computers and there is no such website as ShowtimeAnytime/activate ? Is this a big scam? There is no place too enter activation code at their Showtime Anytime website. They say I need too register as the primary account holder. WTF ???

I have Showtime thru Charter and I should have access to it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.