Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Hulu -- News and Notable New additions

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-14, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by starseed1981
I'm new to the Hulu thing. Is there some type of official listing as to when new episodes will be coming on? For example, I see that they are missing the last four episodes of the second season of Arrow. Thx.
They appear to only have a the last few Flash episodes too. I assume the networks dictate what they can and can't show and when they can show it and they don't have full seasons of certain shows they're showing as they air?
Old 12-23-14, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Re: Hulu Plus -- News and Notable New additions

http://www.hulu.com/selfie

Some of you may not be aware, but the remaining filmed episodes of Selfie have been posted online on Hulu Plus since 11/25

They are now up to episode 12. The series finale will be posted next Tuesday.
Old 12-23-14, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
They appear to only have a the last few Flash episodes too. I assume the networks dictate what they can and can't show and when they can show it and they don't have full seasons of certain shows they're showing as they air?
Some networks allow only the past certain number of episodes, and even that seems to change from time to time. Last year, for example, "Sleepy Hollow" only had the eight most recent episodes.

This allows the networks to move older episodes to other streaming services. The first two seasons of "Arrow," for example, are on Netflix.
Old 12-23-14, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
Some networks allow only the past certain number of episodes, and even that seems to change from time to time. Last year, for example, "Sleepy Hollow" only had the eight most recent episodes.

This allows the networks to move older episodes to other streaming services. The first two seasons of "Arrow," for example, are on Netflix.
I think the number is 5 this season. For example Arrow and Jane The Virgin, only have the last 5 episodes however, Castle, has all of this season episodes.
Old 12-23-14, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I think the number is 5 this season. For example Arrow and Jane The Virgin, only have the last 5 episodes however, Castle, has all of this season episodes.
It depends on the network. I've noticed the CW has fewer episodes than Fox, for example.
Old 12-23-14, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Only select shows have the entire seasons posted.

Most shows are just the last 5 episodes.

For example, Grey's Anatomy, Bones, Parenthood have the entire seasons posted.

While, Marvel's Agents of Shield, Arrow, Flash, Scandal, How to Get Away with Murder and New Girl only have the last 5.

All the CW shows posted on Hulu are just the last 5 episodes.
Old 12-24-14, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty

I figured as much, like all streaming services, they'll obviously only able to show whatever they are licensed to show. I was all queued up (pardon the pun) to watch The Flash, but if Netflix has Arrow, they'll probably get this too. I guess Hulu is sort of in the middle in that they can show the last few episodes of stuff but can only stream full seasons of shows to which they have the full license. As with all streaming (or any content, obviously), it exists at the behest of the distributors.
Old 01-04-15, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,805 Likes on 1,127 Posts

Well, looks like Agent Carter is "web only". I cant hulu plus it on my xbox.

Fuck!!
Old 01-04-15, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

I get so tired of this shit. I'm paying for the service, I'll watch your ads and I'll wait until the day after it airs but give me the damn show! This is why people torrent.
Old 01-07-15, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

UPDATE on "Agent Carter" Hulu Plus streaming thanks to RichC2

Originally Posted by RichC2
This was incorrect, the show is available through Hulu Plus on every platform. It showed as "We don't have the rights to stream this to TV/Mobile" before the episodes were put up. Since the episodes were put up, the text has been removed. There is an 8 day delay on the episodes.
Old 01-07-15, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
UPDATE on "Agent Carter" Hulu Plus streaming thanks to RichC2
There is no 8 day delay for paying subscribers. I subscribe to Hulu Plus and both episodes are up right now. The 8-day delay is probably for free users.

It does however say that they only post the last 5 episodes. So don't expect the entire season to stay up to watch in the later months.
Old 01-07-15, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
There is no 8 day delay for paying subscribers. I subscribe to Hulu Plus and both episodes are up right now. The 8-day delay is probably for free users.

It does however say that they only post the last 5 episodes. So don't expect the entire season to stay up to watch in the later months.
Correct, I misread the write-up on the Hulu site.

Also I never really thought about it but somebody on Slickdeals mentioned checking eBay for 12-month Hulu Gift Cards. I bought one (digital delivery) for $30 from a guy in Europe, equals out to $2.50 a month for the year.
Old 01-08-15, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That's a great deal. Would PayPal protection help if it stops working after say 60 days?
Old 01-08-15, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Dumb question-Why don't people DVR shows if they are afraid on missing them on HuluPlus? Also most shows are available On Demand.
Old 01-08-15, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^^

Because I'm assuming most people, like myself, using Hulu Plus have ditched cable. So no dvr or on demand.

And yes I know you can buy a standalone dvr, but the point is trying to cut costs.
Old 01-08-15, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah I use Hulu Plus as a DVR. I don't watch any live TV because all I have is an xbox, no cable tv, no on demand, and an LCD monitor with no tv tuner.
Old 01-09-15, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

I have a DirecTV HD-DVR from a few years ago, space is an issue on it. Yeah, I can do the external drive option but that completely bypasses the internal hard drive. I use Hulu Plus to watch shows I don't want to waste space on... stuff like Hell's Kitchen and comedies that may not last past the first season or even month or even even week. Hulu Plus is also good for when I forget to DVR stuff because I was too busy and forgot to do it.

I honestly forgot about Agent Carter being on and so I'll watch it on Hulu Plus. The other big deal for paying the $8 is that I get Hulu Plus on my TV, my phone, and my tablet. I can watch shows & movies anywhere my phone/tablet goes. I can't do that with my DVR, yeah DirecTV has a an app for DTV anywhere but it does not let you watch your recordings without special equipment.
Old 01-12-15, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Well, I recently started a free week of Hulu Plus in order to watch the latest season of Revenge (after having binged the first three seasons on Netflix). If they didn't have all of the episodes of this past season, there's no way I would have subscribed at all. I can understand if you've cut the cord, but otherwise the forced commercials are truly irritating for a paid service.

So if they only have the last five episodes of a series, you can't even binge watch, right (meaning there's no way to save an episode to watch later if it rotates out)?
Old 01-12-15, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

I agreed with your assessment originally, but then Comcast started enforcing "No Fast Forward" in many shows, no matter if it was the episode or commercial break. And always full run of commercials (like they DVR'd the episode and made it available on demand.) so lame. Now the Hulu ads don't bother me so much.
Old 01-12-15, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Having many of the shows cut back to only the last 5 episodes and sometimes not even in the correct order is also a huge deterrent.

I think they started cutting back on the number of episodes licensed a year and a half ago.
Old 01-12-15, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

When is a full season of a just completed show usually available at HuluPlus?
Old 01-12-15, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is Elementary still on Hulu Plus? I signed up for the week trial in an effort to check the show out, and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Looking back, I saw that the deal was just signed back in February, so unless the new streaming service from CBS infringed on that...
Old 01-13-15, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
Is Elementary still on Hulu Plus? I signed up for the week trial in an effort to check the show out, and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Looking back, I saw that the deal was just signed back in February, so unless the new streaming service from CBS infringed on that...
Elementary was never on Hulu Plus. CBS has only licensed past seasons of Blue Bloods and The Good Wife (for currently airing shows) on there. No current airing episodes are posted there since CBS has their own streaming service now.
Old 01-13-15, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgive me. When I read the article stating that Elementary was coming to Hulu Plus, I somehow glossed over the fact that it would not be available until sometime after season three aired.
Old 01-14-15, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
I agreed with your assessment originally, but then Comcast started enforcing "No Fast Forward" in many shows, no matter if it was the episode or commercial break. And always full run of commercials (like they DVR'd the episode and made it available on demand.) so lame. Now the Hulu ads don't bother me so much.
The fact that you can't skip them, combined with how often they repeat, make marathoning anything a chore. My wife and I have already vowed never to see "Mordecai," and that JLo movie is next up on the list.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.