Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

The Amazon Prime Streaming Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-13, 06:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Amazon Prime Streaming Thread

Originally Posted by RichC2
It's Ghost in the Shell to Inception's Matrix. If that makes any sense.
It does not. But you just sold me on it. Watching now.
Old 08-25-13, 04:24 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I've been watching some of the BBC type shows my local PBS station airs but always interrupts for fund drives. Now I'm about a season ahead watching "Larkrise to Candleford" (yes I watch shows little girls like) and have been watching old Dr Who shows when the real Doctor, Tom Baker, was on it.
Old 08-31-13, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rduncan
I've been watching some of the BBC type shows my local PBS station airs but always interrupts for fund drives. Now I'm about a season ahead watching "Larkrise to Candleford" (yes I watch shows little girls like) and have been watching old Dr Who shows when the real Doctor, Tom Baker, was on it.
that is on before Eastenders on my pbs. Started catching episodes here and there, and like it. couple of hidden hotties on this show.
Old 09-01-13, 04:00 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Eastenders....I'd forgotten about that show. Used to watch when I lived in Northern Virginia/Washington, DC area. I suspect too much time has passed to even know the characters now. My local PBS is showing "Death in Paradise" after. OK I guess but I tend to watch it.
Old 09-07-13, 03:31 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Power rangers
Old 09-16-13, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Thrilled to see they added season 5 of Pawn Stars. Now I suddenly have 50 new Pawn Stars episodes to watch.
Old 09-17-13, 01:50 PM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

There's 50 episodes in a season?!?
Old 09-17-13, 01:50 PM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by rduncan
Eastenders....I'd forgotten about that show. Used to watch when I lived in Northern Virginia/Washington, DC area. I suspect too much time has passed to even know the characters now. My local PBS is showing "Death in Paradise" after. OK I guess but I tend to watch it.
Is that the show where one of the former cast members was decapitated by her looney bin brother?
Old 09-17-13, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by EddieMoney
There's 50 episodes in a season?!?
I was surprised by that too, but Pawn Stars season 5 has 58 episodes. They premiered 2 episodes a week for the good part of a year:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Stars_episodes

If you've ever seen the show, it's pretty clear that they could probably film multiple episodes in a day. The formula of the show is basically:
  • Person comes in with an item to pawn.
  • Employee discusses the history of the item and gives an appraisal
  • They haggle on the price. A price is agreed upon.
  • Person leaves and talks to camera.

Rinse, repeat a dozen or so times a day.
Old 09-17-13, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by EddieMoney
Is that the show where one of the former cast members was decapitated by her looney bin brother?
That's the one.
Old 09-17-13, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I finished up Justified season 3 this past week. Gonna obviously wait a bit before they make season 4 available for PRIME. Started Suits season 2 in the meantime. I did watch the first episode of Falling Skies but am not sure I want to keep going, because I was not impressed at all by it.
Is that free or did you have to rent/buy them?
Old 09-17-13, 05:43 PM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

^ All of them are free with a Prime membership (Justified, Suits, Falling Skies).
Old 10-26-13, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

I just signed up for Amazon Prime (needed some Halloween costume stuff for my son to ship real quickly.)
Tips on using Amazon Prime Instant Video? I only want to watch free stuff. I'm mainly watching either on my Xbox or BD player.
What's the watchlist? Does APIV have anything like Netflix's queue? Is there an easy way to browse only content that is free with APIV?
Once I cancel cable I may do NF as well - I want to watch Orange is the new Black and Breaking Bad.
Old 10-26-13, 06:50 PM

Received 513 Likes on 369 Posts

You can browse the Prime Free Streaming library at the Amazon website. On the Amazon Homepage sidebar, click on Unlimited Instant Videos > Prime Instant Videos. On the Xbox360 app, there's a section for Prime Movies and Prime TV Shows.

Watchlist is the same as Netflix's Queue. Unfortunately, there's no way to organize it. You can only add and remove titles.
Old 10-26-13, 07:00 PM

I noticed that Ginger Snaps is back on Amazon Prime. This is the only place I've seen an HD version. Did it ever get a Blu-ray release anywhere?

Old 10-27-13, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
I noticed that Ginger Snaps is back on Amazon Prime. This is the only place I've seen an HD version. Did it ever get a Blu-ray release anywhere?
No, it has not been released on Blu-ray. I would say it's doubtful it ever gets a BD release.
Old 11-22-13, 02:20 AM

Mr. Selfridge: Season One has been added to Amazon Prime Streaming.

Amazon Scores Another PBS Exclusive, ‘Mr. Selfridge’ Starring Jeremy Piven

Amazon struck a deal with PBS for exclusive online-only subscription VOD rights to period drama “Mr. Selfridge,” which stars Jeremy Piven.

Starting Wednesday, Amazon’s Prime Instant Video service will offer season 1 of the ITV Studios/Masterpiece co-production from WGBH Boston.

Deal follows the agreement PBS and Amazon cut earlier this year under which Amazon — as of Dec. 1 – will have exclusive subscription VOD rights to all past and future “Downtown Abbey” seasons. This summer, the companies expanded their multiyear licensing deal for hundreds of additional episodes of shows including “Nova,” “Masterpiece” and Ken Burns documentaries plus kids’ shows like “Caillou,” “Arthur,” “Daniels Tiger’s Neighborhood,” “Dinosaur Train” and “Wild Kratts.”

FULL ARTICLE - http://variety.com/2013/digital/news...en-1200859518/

Last edited by TheBigDave; 11-22-13 at 02:39 AM.
Old 11-22-13, 02:37 AM

Spring Breakers and Ginger & Rosa have been added to Amazon Prime Streaming. Other movies from studio A24 will be available in the future.

Amazon Prime Reaches Deal with Spring Breakers and Bling Ring Studio A24

Amazon today announced an exclusive content licensing agreement with new film studio A24, known for such films as Spring Breakers and The Bling Ring. This multi-year agreement makes Prime Instant Video the exclusive premium subscription home for all of the current and forthcoming A24 titles shortly following their release on DVD and Blu-ray.

“We are always looking for new ways to bring our Prime Instant Video customers, unique, exclusive movies and TV that we think they will love,” said Brad Beale, Director of Digital Video Content Acquisition for Amazon. “As always, we monitor DVD and digital sales very closely and A24 movies such as 'Spring Breakers' and 'The Bling Ring' are exceptionally popular among our customers. This new deal with A24 allows us to offer those same titles to our Prime Instant Video customers soon after they are released on DVD and Blu-ray and at no additional cost.”

Today’s announcement includes four theatrical releases: Harmony Korine’s Spring Breakers, starring James Franco, Vanessa Hudgens and Selena Gomez; Ginger & Rosa, directed by Sally Potter, starring Elle Fanning and Annette Bening; The Bling Ring, directed by Oscar Award winner Sofia Coppola, starring Emma Watson; and James Ponsoldt’s The Spectacular Now, starring Shailene Woodley and Miles Teller. The deal will also include A24’s upcoming releases like Jonathan Glazer’s Under the Skin, starring Scarlett Johansson; and The Rover directed by David Michôd, starring Guy Pearce and Robert Pattinson.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=111651
Old 11-24-13, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the Prime trial and I've been very impressed with it, esp. now that they have subtitles with most titles. The selection is pretty decent.

When did they switch from Flash to SIlverlight? Stuff like Rokus had to do an app update for it otherwise it wouldn't work anymore?
Old 11-24-13, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Huh, I kind of half-watched Spring Breakers as a rental and may give it another spin on Prime, maybe give it a three-quarters watch this time. Thanks for posting that.
Old 11-24-13, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Spring Breakers was kind of a mixed bag for me. Yeah it's 4 hot 20 something girls prancing around in their bikinis, but then you have James Franco acting like some 2nd rate Eminem wannabe. That got old fast. If you have Prime, it's a good watch once. I wouldn't recommend buying it.
Old 11-27-13, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Ooooohhhhh, have wanted to watch The Bling Ring. Already saw Ginger & Rosa and Spring Breakers in the theater.

It doesn't show for free though

http://www.amazon.com/Bling-Ring-Emm...rds=bling+ring
Old 11-27-13, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Ooooohhhhh, have wanted to watch The Bling Ring. Already saw Ginger & Rosa and Spring Breakers in the theater.

It doesn't show for free though
I don't know why it didn't get added to Prime yet. Spring Breakers and Ginger & Rosa were released on DVD in July and Bling Ring was released in September. So maybe there's a 3-4 month hold between the DVD release and Prime.

According to an article on CNET:

"The Bling Ring" costs $4.99 to rent, though an Amazon spokesperson said that the movie will be free to subscribers in the coming months.

FULL ARTICLE - http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-576...-indie-studio/
Old 11-29-13, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just noticed they have the entire runs of some Warner Bros. cartoons series: Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Pinky and the Brain, and Animaniacs. Batman might be the next thing I watch. Hopefully it won't get pulled while I'm in the middle of watching it like Spider-Man.
Old 12-04-13, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doing the Prime trial and while I like Falling Skies, there isn't much more of interest I don't already own on physical media. Oh yeah, I did notice that Vikings seems available free on prime now. I'll be sure to catch that... Anything else I should check out?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.