Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Old 01-12-17, 09:40 AM   #426

Re: The Amazon Prime Streaming Thread

X-Files is also on Hulu:

http://www.hulu.com/the-xfiles
Old 01-12-17, 01:46 PM   #427
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"The Infiltrator" with Bryan Cranston is now available on Prime; it's a undercover cop flick that will probably play well on home video. "The Monster" with Zoe Kazan (from late last year) is also available.
If you can't afford the recent "Vestron " BD, "Chopping Mall" is available on Prime. On a similar note, several films I contemplated buying on BD from Arrow are now on Prime, including "Blood Rage" , "Zero Boys", "The Mutilator" and "Dark Water".
Old 01-12-17, 05:25 PM   #428
DVD Talk Special Edition

I signed up last year for Prime using an old college email account I had to get Prime Student for $49.99. It's due to renew in February, got email saying it would change to standard Prime unless I can prove I'm still a student. Sent email saying I was taking online classes and still a student. Got email saying it was going back to student again. Am I a bad person for lying to save $50.
Old 02-01-17, 03:14 PM   #429

Available on Amazon Prime February 2017

Available on Amazon Prime February 2017

Amazon Prime – TV
Feb. 7
Creative Galaxy Heart Day Special (Amazon Original)

Feb. 10
The Collection Season 1 (Amazon Original)

Feb. 15
The Americans Season 4

Feb. 21
The Tunnel

Amazon Prime – Movies
Feb 1
Into the Wild
Thelma & Louise
Teen Wolf (1985)
My King
Nuts!
Hook
Forces of Nature
Care Bears Movie
Dead Heat
Diamonds Are Forever
Die Another Day
Drop Zone
Escape from Alcatraz
The Firm
Frankie & Johnny (1991)
Goldfinger
Hoosiers
I Went Down
Judgement Day
Kiss the Bride
The Living Daylights
Live and Let Die
Man with the Golden Gun
Margin Call
Never Say Never Again
Octopussy
Payback
Pretty in Pink
Rob Roy
The Running Man
Sabrina (1954)
Sabrina (1995)
Soapdish
The Spy Who Loved Me
Untamed Heart
Wild Bill
The World is Not Enough
You Only Live Twice

Feb. 4
Yellowbird

Feb. 6
Hostile Border

Feb. 15
American Teen

Feb. 16
Author: The JT Leroy Story (Amazon Original)

Feb. 24
10 Cloverfield Lane

Feb. 26
Touched With Fire

Feb. 27
Captain Fantastic
Havana Motor Club
Old 02-01-17, 03:55 PM   #430
Cool New Member

Re: Available on Amazon Prime February 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotheDVDeed View Post
Feb. 15
The Americans Season 4

Awesome. I'm almost done with the first season and I've been very impressed with the show.
Old 02-10-17, 06:59 AM   #431
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

I just noticed that Swiss Army Man is up.
Old 02-10-17, 03:40 PM   #432
Cool New Member

Re: Available on Amazon Prime February 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotheDVDeed View Post
[B]
Feb. 15
The Americans Season 4
FYI: Looks like it's already available a few days early.
Old 02-27-17, 11:36 AM   #433

Available on Amazon Prime March 2017

Available on Amazon Prime March 2017

March 1
Nine Lives (2016)
Anthropoid (2016)
What We Do in the Shadows (2014)
Chicago (2002)
Hannibal (2001)
Hoodwinked (2005)
The Cutting Edge: Going for the Gold (2006)
What's Eating Gilbert Grape? (1993)
The Gambler (2014)
Charlie Bartlett (2007)
Vampire in Brooklyn (1995)

March 2
The Dressmaker (2015)
Emma (1996)

March 3
Annedroids (Season 4)

March 10
Hand of God (Season 2)

March 11
W. (2008)
Churchill's Secret (2016)

March 16
Orphan Black (Season 4)

March 17
You Are Wanted (Season 1)
Everybody Wants Some!! (2016)

March 23
Gimme Danger (2016)

March 24
An American Girl Story — Ivy & Julie 1976 (Season 3)

March 29
A Man Called Ove (2015)
Old 02-27-17, 01:22 PM   #434
DVD Talk Hero

http://deadline.com/2017/02/amazon-f...-2-1202013931/

Fortitude season 2 is now an Amazon Prime exclusive in the U.S. Release date is TBA.

The Pivot channel, which aired season 1, went out of business last year.
Old 03-01-17, 01:47 PM   #435
DVD Talk Legend

Wow there's barely anything coming in March. That's the saddest looking list they've ever had.
Old 03-02-17, 12:31 PM   #436

I can't believe this film, was added to Prime. Well worth watching. One of the best "Mondo" films, out there.
Old 03-02-17, 02:46 PM   #437

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
http://deadline.com/2017/02/amazon-f...-2-1202013931/

Fortitude season 2 is now an Amazon Prime exclusive in the U.S. Release date is TBA.

The Pivot channel, which aired season 1, went out of business last year.
Great news. I may have been one of the few that watched season 1. Glad the new season found a new home and a new cast member (Dennis Quaid).
Old 03-02-17, 09:51 PM   #438

Amazon Sets March 17 Premiere for Spring 2017 Pilot Lineup

Amazon has revealed its upcoming Spring 2017 pilot lineup. 'The Legend of Master Legend,' 'Budding Prospects,' 'The New V.I.P.'s,' 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,' and 'Oasis' are all set to premiere through Amazon Video in the US, UK, Germany, Austria, and Japan on March 17. After watching, all viewers will then have the option to review the shows in order to help Amazon decide which titles get picked up for full seasons.

The Legend of Master Legend
The Legend of Master Legend is a dark comedy about the life of Frank Lafount, aka Master Legend -- a homemade superhero whose mission is to protect the people of Las Vegas from evil doers. Master Legend juggles the demands of justice with the even more complicated demands of his real family, who don’t see him as a hero at all. The pilot is directed by James Ponsoldt (The Spectacular Now) and stars John Hawkes (Winter’s Bone), Dawnn Lewis (Major Crimes), Shea Whigham (Boardwalk Empire) and newcomer Anjelika Washington.

Budding Prospects
In 1983, three hapless city boys move from their comfort zone of the San Francisco counter-culture to Mendacino to grow marijuana. Their expectations of the experience being a back-to-the-land, nurturing adventure in a beautiful rustic setting run up against the harsh truth prior to their arrival at "The Summer Camp" – a miserably run-down shanty out in the middle of nowhere, where they are bedeviled by rats, snakes, mosquitoes, and harsh, unfriendly growing conditions, noisy neighbors, dangerous locals, and menacing law enforcement. Budding Prospects is directed and executive produced by Terry Zwigoff (Bad Santa). The pilot stars Adam Rose (Veronica Mars), Joel David Moore (Bones), Will Sasso (MADtv) and Brett Gelman (Fleabag).

The New V.I.P.’s
Amazon’s first adult animated comedy show, The New V.I.P.’s follows a group of low level employees who seize control of a major corporation after accidentally murdering their boss. The show was created by Steve Dildarian (The Life & Times of Tim). The pilot stars Matt Braunger (Agent Carter), Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation), Missi Pyle (Gone Girl) and Jonathan Adams (Last Man Standing).

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
It’s 1958 Manhattan and Miriam “Midge” Maisel (Rachel Brosnahan, House of Cards) has everything she’s ever wanted—the perfect husband, two kids, and an elegant Upper West Side apartment perfect for hosting Yom Kippur dinner. But her perfect life suddenly takes an unexpected turn and Midge discovers a previously unknown talent—one that changes her life forever. She charts a course that takes her from her comfortable life on Riverside Drive, through the basket houses and nightclubs of Greenwich Village as she storms the world of stand-up comedy…a course that will ultimately lead her to a spot on Johnny Carson’s couch. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is written and directed by Amy Sherman-Palladino (Gilmore Girls). Starring Michael Zegen (Boardwalk Empire), Alex Borstein (Family Guy), Tony Shalhoub (Monk), and Marin Hinkle (Two and a Half Men).

Oasis
Based on the cult-hit novel The Book of Strange New Things from Michel Faber, Oasis follows a chaplain (Richard Madden, Game of Thrones) who is sent into space to help establish a colony on a distant planet. What he ends up discovering not only puts his faith to the test, but life as we know it. The pilot also stars world-renowned Indian actor and producer Anil Kapoor (Slumdog Millionaire, 24), Michael Shaw (Limitless), Antje Traue (Man of Steel), Mark Addy (Game of Thrones), Haley Joel Osment (The Sixth Sense, Alpha House), Maureen Sebastian (American Gothic), Michael Shaffer (Coach Sinclair), and Zawe Ashton (Nocturnal Animals). Oasis is written by Matt Charman (Bridge of Spies) with Kevin MacDonald (The Last King of Scotland) directing.
Old 03-02-17, 10:26 PM   #439
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Damn, The Legend of Master Legend made the cut to pilot. That was damn lousy. I hope the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel gets picked up. I'll have to check out Oasis and Budding Prospects.
Old 03-09-17, 09:58 AM   #440
DVD Talk Hero

http://deadline.com/2017/03/amazon-p...-1-1202039956/

Amazon acquired the exclusive streaming rights to Animal Kingdom (TNT series) season 1.

Will be available April 30th.

You will have 1 month to catch up if you want to be caught up in time for the May 30th premiere.
Old 03-09-17, 10:10 AM   #441

^ Thanks for the heads-up. Highly recommended for those that didn't watch. One of my favorite shows from last year - may rewatch some of them.
Old 03-10-17, 01:34 AM   #442
DVD Talk Legend

Huh I hadn't heard of that show, sounds interesting, count me in!
Old 03-18-17, 03:43 AM   #443

Quote:
Best Picture Winner 'Moonlight' Will Be Exclusively Available on Amazon Prime After Streaming Service Extends A24 Deal

Amazon Studios' Manchester by the Sea isn't the only Oscar winner that will be available to stream via its Prime Video service this May.

Best Picture winner Moonlight will also be available for Amazon Prime subscribers, starting May 21, after Amazon extended its exclusive content agreement with A24.

The extension, announced today, covers Moonlight and A24 releases, hitting Amazon's Prime Video later this year, 20th Century Women, American Honey, Free Fire, The Lovers, It Comes At Night and Manchester star (and best actor Oscar winner) Casey Affleck's next film A Ghost Story, directed by David Lowery.

FULL ARTICLE - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...tension-986955
Old 03-31-17, 09:39 AM   #444
DVD Talk Hero

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/amaz...on-1202019886/

All or Nothing Season 2 will be about the 2016 Los Angeles Rams

The 1st season for those who watched was about the Arizona Cardinals 2015 season

Yikes, the 2016 LA Rams season was pretty God awful.
Old 03-31-17, 10:18 AM   #445
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigDave View Post
Amazon Sets March 17 Premiere for Spring 2017 Pilot Lineup

Amazon has revealed its upcoming Spring 2017 pilot lineup. 'The Legend of Master Legend,' 'Budding Prospects,' 'The New V.I.P.'s,' 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,' and 'Oasis' are all set to premiere through Amazon Video in the US, UK, Germany, Austria, and Japan on March 17. After watching, all viewers will then have the option to review the shows in order to help Amazon decide which titles get picked up for full seasons.

The Legend of Master Legend
The Legend of Master Legend is a dark comedy about the life of Frank Lafount, aka Master Legend -- a homemade superhero whose mission is to protect the people of Las Vegas from evil doers. Master Legend juggles the demands of justice with the even more complicated demands of his real family, who don’t see him as a hero at all. The pilot is directed by James Ponsoldt (The Spectacular Now) and stars John Hawkes (Winter’s Bone), Dawnn Lewis (Major Crimes), Shea Whigham (Boardwalk Empire) and newcomer Anjelika Washington.

Budding Prospects
In 1983, three hapless city boys move from their comfort zone of the San Francisco counter-culture to Mendacino to grow marijuana. Their expectations of the experience being a back-to-the-land, nurturing adventure in a beautiful rustic setting run up against the harsh truth prior to their arrival at "The Summer Camp" – a miserably run-down shanty out in the middle of nowhere, where they are bedeviled by rats, snakes, mosquitoes, and harsh, unfriendly growing conditions, noisy neighbors, dangerous locals, and menacing law enforcement. Budding Prospects is directed and executive produced by Terry Zwigoff (Bad Santa). The pilot stars Adam Rose (Veronica Mars), Joel David Moore (Bones), Will Sasso (MADtv) and Brett Gelman (Fleabag).

The New V.I.P.’s
Amazon’s first adult animated comedy show, The New V.I.P.’s follows a group of low level employees who seize control of a major corporation after accidentally murdering their boss. The show was created by Steve Dildarian (The Life & Times of Tim). The pilot stars Matt Braunger (Agent Carter), Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation), Missi Pyle (Gone Girl) and Jonathan Adams (Last Man Standing).

It’s 1958 Manhattan and Miriam “Midge” Maisel (Rachel Brosnahan, House of Cards) has everything she’s ever wanted—the perfect husband, two kids, and an elegant Upper West Side apartment perfect for hosting Yom Kippur dinner. But her perfect life suddenly takes an unexpected turn and Midge discovers a previously unknown talent—one that changes her life forever. She charts a course that takes her from her comfortable life on Riverside Drive, through the basket houses and nightclubs of Greenwich Village as she storms the world of stand-up comedy…a course that will ultimately lead her to a spot on Johnny Carson’s couch. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is written and directed by Amy Sherman-Palladino (Gilmore Girls). Starring Michael Zegen (Boardwalk Empire), Alex Borstein (Family Guy), Tony Shalhoub (Monk), and Marin Hinkle (Two and a Half Men).

Oasis
Based on the cult-hit novel The Book of Strange New Things from Michel Faber, Oasis follows a chaplain (Richard Madden, Game of Thrones) who is sent into space to help establish a colony on a distant planet. What he ends up discovering not only puts his faith to the test, but life as we know it. The pilot also stars world-renowned Indian actor and producer Anil Kapoor (Slumdog Millionaire, 24), Michael Shaw (Limitless), Antje Traue (Man of Steel), Mark Addy (Game of Thrones), Haley Joel Osment (The Sixth Sense, Alpha House), Maureen Sebastian (American Gothic), Michael Shaffer (Coach Sinclair), and Zawe Ashton (Nocturnal Animals). Oasis is written by Matt Charman (Bridge of Spies) with Kevin MacDonald (The Last King of Scotland) directing.

Was fantastic, best pilot I've seen in a long time, i didn't realize it was Amy SP, until the credits, but makes total sense. She found a real groove and a great lead actress for this role. Bunheads was soso, and the Gilmore re-do was also so-so. This one feels like she has found some excellent material to inspire her best writing since early Gilmore.
Old 03-31-17, 03:57 PM   #446
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/amaz...on-1202019886/

All or Nothing Season 2 will be about the 2016 Los Angeles Rams

The 1st season for those who watched was about the Arizona Cardinals 2015 season

Yikes, the 2016 LA Rams season was pretty God awful.
The return to LA would be interesting. Otherwise it'd just be Todd Gurley getting swarmed behind the line of scrimmage.
Challenges: Action 2017 | Academy Award 2017 | TV on DVD* 2017 | Holiday 2016 | Comedy 2016 | Horror 2016 | Criterion 2016 | Animation 2016 | Sci-Fi 2016 | Historical 2016 | Make-Your-Own 2016 | Drive-In 2016 | Leap Day 2016
Old 03-31-17, 04:13 PM   #447
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
The return to LA would be interesting.
That sounds like somebody who didn't watch Hard Knocks last Summer.
Trust me, there's literally nothing interesting about the L.A. location.

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
Old 03-31-17, 04:18 PM   #448
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
That sounds like somebody who didn't watch Hard Knocks last Summer.
Trust me, there's literally nothing interesting about the L.A. location.
Busted
Challenges: Action 2017 | Academy Award 2017 | TV on DVD* 2017 | Holiday 2016 | Comedy 2016 | Horror 2016 | Criterion 2016 | Animation 2016 | Sci-Fi 2016 | Historical 2016 | Make-Your-Own 2016 | Drive-In 2016 | Leap Day 2016
Old 04-24-17, 10:48 PM   #449

Looks like Amazon Prime is losing all the HBO shows. They'll still be available if you subscribe to the HBO add-on channel.

Quote:
Amazon Prime Video Is About to Lose a Ton of Great Shows

After roughly 4 years of working together it seems that HBO and Amazon Prime Video are breaking up.

Recently Amazon Prime Video tagged all HBO shows as leaving Amazon Prime Video on May 21, 2017. You will still be able to buy them. This just means they will no longer be free with Amazon Prime.

The addition of the back catalog of HBO shows was a huge announcement for Amazon 4 years ago when they struck the deal. Now it seems that the contract between Amazon and HBO will not be renewed. When it was first made HBO did not have its HBO NOW service or Amazon HBO Channel. Now it seems that HBO wants to make its back catalog exclusive to its HBO NOW service and Amazon HBO Channel.

So if you want to catch up on great shows such as Sopranos or Big Love you better hurry because you have just under a month to finish them. After that you will have to pay HBO or buy the seasons on DVD or on a streaming service.

FULL ARTICLE - http://cordcuttersnews.com/amazon-pr...n-great-shows/
Old 04-24-17, 11:22 PM   #450
DVD Talk Hero

Too bad to lose all that HBO content, though it's not a surprise. I have much of it on disc already, but I like the convenience of digital.