Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

The Fandango at Home (Vudu) Thread - News, Bargains & Codes

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-13, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by TheBang
If you're not able to find one cheaply locally or at the library, I'd suggest going with gohastings.com. Currently, you can get a used copy for $1.71, plus $0.99 shipping.
Thanks for the heads up. Mines on the way!
Old 09-11-13, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

Now that True Lies has been added, I'll be tracking down a used DVD copy. I'm sick of waiting on a BD release so I'm going the HDX route.
I have it on D-VHS
Old 09-11-13, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a heads up, VUDU's been running a weekly sale of a bunch of movies for $7.88 ea. They change every week. Some good gets over there.
Old 09-11-13, 01:25 AM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by SuckaMC
Just a heads up, VUDU's been running a weekly sale of a bunch of movies for $7.88 ea. They change every week. Some good gets over there.
The price is nice. Unfortunately, almost all the titles so far have been D2D eligible. It's cheaper to buy a used disc and convert it. I'd love to see them add some titles from MGM and Disney.
Old 09-11-13, 02:12 AM

Jack the Giant Slayer (2013) is the $0.99 Rental Of The Day (SD/HD/HDX).

When you rent a movie, it is stored and available for 30 days while unwatched. Once you press “play,” a 24-hour viewing period is initiated. You may watch the movie as many times as you wish during this 24-hour period. The rental will expire at the end of the 24-hour period or the end of the 30 days, whichever comes first.
Old 09-11-13, 10:09 AM

Ginger & Rosa (2012) is currently $0.99 (HDX) to own. Probably a pricing error. Jump on it quick.

DVD Talk Review - http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/61353/ginger-rosa/
Old 09-11-13, 01:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So I have an interesting development to ask about. I have Vudu on my Roku and I rented a few movies using a credit I was given for signing up. This was back in Dec 2012. Since then, I periodically checked to see if there were any sales or specials but never bought anything. I recieved an email from Vudu a few weeks ago stating that my info may have been compromised, with everyone else on the service and I called them and received a free subscription to lifeblock or some service, cant recall the name that would monitor my account and report any unauthorized purchases. Anywho, I recently checked on Vudu under MY Movies and was surprised to see I owned ten movies from their service, but I had never bought anything. In addition, I had a Ultraviolet account set up and linked to my vudu account, which these 10 films are part of. They were all in SD format and I do not own any of them on DVD. I rechecked and saw that these movies were all added to my account on Christmas Day 2012. I double checked my checking account, which is what I have linked to my Roku/Vudu and saw no purchases. I haven't contacted Vudu yet but I did change my account password.

Long story short, has anyone had this happen? I checked and there has been no other purchases since Christmas and I do not recall making any, and if I did, I certainly whold not have gotten the ten movies that I now have on Vudu. Should I just chalk it up to some dumb luck or not remembered special Vudu ran or should I call to figure it out? As I said, nothing has been added since Christmas and I did change my password. So any ideas?
Old 09-11-13, 02:04 PM

Ginger & Rosa (2012) is currently $0.99 (HDX) to own. Probably a pricing error. Jump on it quick.
Got it- thanks! That's about what I would pay to buy a movie on this. When I brought the movie up it said "99 cent rental" but the rentals were regular price with the purchase price being 99 cents, so someone probably mixed it up by mistake. We'll just see if I get to keep it. A couple months ago, after midnight they had free rentals of both versions of "Taken 2", listed as "Faken 2". I rented them right away but didn't have time to watch them, the next morning they were taken out of my library.
Old 09-11-13, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by pelenor
So I have an interesting development to ask about. I have Vudu on my Roku and I rented a few movies using a credit I was given for signing up. This was back in Dec 2012. Since then, I periodically checked to see if there were any sales or specials but never bought anything. I recieved an email from Vudu a few weeks ago stating that my info may have been compromised, with everyone else on the service and I called them and received a free subscription to lifeblock or some service, cant recall the name that would monitor my account and report any unauthorized purchases. Anywho, I recently checked on Vudu under MY Movies and was surprised to see I owned ten movies from their service, but I had never bought anything. In addition, I had a Ultraviolet account set up and linked to my vudu account, which these 10 films are part of. They were all in SD format and I do not own any of them on DVD. I rechecked and saw that these movies were all added to my account on Christmas Day 2012. I double checked my checking account, which is what I have linked to my Roku/Vudu and saw no purchases. I haven't contacted Vudu yet but I did change my account password.

Long story short, has anyone had this happen? I checked and there has been no other purchases since Christmas and I do not recall making any, and if I did, I certainly whold not have gotten the ten movies that I now have on Vudu. Should I just chalk it up to some dumb luck or not remembered special Vudu ran or should I call to figure it out? As I said, nothing has been added since Christmas and I did change my password. So any ideas?
The 10 movie deal is a long running Vudu / Ultraviolet one, nothing to be concerned about.

My 10 were Soul Survivors, Valentine's Day, So I Married an Axe Murderer, Rudy, Psycho, The Producers, Paranormal Activity, A Knight's Tale, Away From Her and Ghost. Sadly like yours, all SD. You can actually get more free ones through other sites (ie: Flixster) and since they're Ultraviolet, they will show up in your Vudu account. I got Austin Powers, Pay It Forward and Space Jam this way.
Old 09-13-13, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad Vudu is starting the $7.88 weekly deals on various movies. They had Good Will Hunting on this week's list, but pulled it. People who bought it still have it in their Vudu account, but it's not available to purchase at the moment.

I tried converting Anaconda last night, which is on the D2D list, and got the error that it doesn't recognize the disc. Sony discs are very spotty. Was able to convert True Lies. Now I can finally delete my DTV recording.
Old 09-15-13, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

S1 E1 $0.00
Ironside: Pilot
http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content/477532
Old 09-15-13, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

S2 Ep1 $0.00
The Mindy Project: All My Problems Solved Forever
http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content/477964
Old 09-15-13, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

S1 Ep1 $0.00
The Hour: Episode 1
http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content/228132
Old 09-15-13, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

S1 Ep1 $0.00
Welcome to the Family: Pilot
http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content/476966
Old 09-15-13, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

S2 Ep1 $0.00
Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition: Make It Count!
http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content...-Make-It-Count
Old 09-15-13, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

S3 Ep1 $0.00
Boardwalk Empire: Resolution
http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content...ire-Resolution
Old 09-18-13, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"This is the End" is now available to purchase on Vudu. $19.99 for HDX.
Old 09-30-13, 01:55 PM

If you have Aliens (Special Edition), it's missing the last 3 minutes. They'll exchange it for Aliens (Extended) which is the fixed version. Just contact Vudu customer service and reference this thread:

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...ms-D2D-problem

See this post for more info:

https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...50#post1258450
Old 09-30-13, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I though that Ultraviolet copies were shared between Flixster and Vudu? I just redeemed on, and it's only in my Flixster app.
Old 09-30-13, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst113
I though that Ultraviolet copies were shared between Flixster and Vudu? I just redeemed on, and it's only in my Flixster app.
What's the code from? There are a couple titles that Vudu doesn't carry (like Chuck: Season 5).

Another possible solution is that you accidentally created two UV accounts. One when you set-up Vudu and another when you set-up Flixster. If that happened, then contact UV customer service and get them to merge the two accounts.
Old 10-02-13, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
What's the code from? There are a couple titles that Vudu doesn't carry (like Chuck: Season 5).

Another possible solution is that you accidentally created two UV accounts. One when you set-up Vudu and another when you set-up Flixster. If that happened, then contact UV customer service and get them to merge the two accounts.
They seem to have been interlinked previously, I share everything on them. I redeemed the stuff in Flixster, and it wound up linking with Vudu. It's The Big Bang Theory season 6. Maybe Vudu doesn't have it yet. The wifi network where I work is so hideously useless, it blocks almost every damn thing, but so far it still lets me access Flixster, Vudu, and Netflix, so I kind of which the other seasons had had digital redemption codes as well, but hey, so it goes.
Old 10-02-13, 12:26 PM

Big Bang Theory: Season 6 is available at Vudu. So if you redeemed the UV Code at Flixster, it should imported into your Vudu library.

Check your account at the UV website. Make sure it got added to your UV account. Then contact Vudu customer service. They should be able to help you.

http://www.uvvu.com/
Old 10-03-13, 11:51 AM

The Mist is currently $7.99 (HDX)

The Mist: Color Version
The Mist: B&W Version

Old 10-03-13, 05:03 PM

Bought it on Blu-Ray a couple years ago for that price- and it came with both versions.
Old 10-05-13, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

S1 Ep1 $0.00
The Blacklist: Pilot
http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content...lacklist-Pilot

Last edited by b2net; 10-05-13 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Trying to fix direct link

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.