Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

The Fandango at Home (Vudu) Thread - News, Bargains & Codes

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-17, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

Originally Posted by E Unit
It was easier to snowball when it was $1/disc for more than 10. Now I'm way less inclined to do it unless there's some kind of credit I can use. And even then I'll just do a few at a time.
Completely agreed...when it was $1, I would do them like water. I did at least a couple of hundred, including 50 at one particular sitting. Now with it being $2, I'm thinking a ton about it. I've done maybe a dozen since M2D started? The last one I did was a few days ago but that was a nature one (Under the Sea) for my toddler. The things I do to get my kid asleep....puts mommy to sleep too. Unfortunately daddy doesn't sleep very well.
Old 05-24-17, 08:21 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Ha, I did a lot for the kids solely for that purpose. I think the only way I'd get back (and not mind) and start heavily doing a lot more D2D is if MGM finally let their stuff go digital. I think that's the only group of blu's I really want transferred. And I've seen a lot of their stuff on sale, but after the $1 transfers, no way am I paying $5+ for stuff I already have.
Old 05-24-17, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 869 Likes on 392 Posts

I just heard about this url for vudu D2D list:
http://www.vudu.com/movies/#featured/18938

When you bookmark it, it shows at D2D sort. Not sure what order it's in, newest?
Old 05-27-17, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I was on the phone about many support tickets I have with VUDU. One of which was about 4 titles that we're treated as SD in Mobile Disc to digital.

I mentioned that at this time it may not matter if they get them to work as as I've hit the yearly limit. The support agent let me know the yearly mobile disc to digital limit is Jan-Dec not from the first or last conversation.

I chuckled as I said I now have to wait 7 months instead of 12.

This just means if you have more than the 100 you want to do mobile disc to digital, and don't want to wait when going beyond 100, then do your first 100 in December and finish up in January. That is unless you have more than 200. Then you will still have to wait for 201-x.
Old 05-28-17, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And now.. I've purchased an external USB Blu-ray drive, installed all the software, ensured it works reading discs, adjusted AutoPlay to not force on software I don't want when I install a disc, downloaded VUDU software, Installed VUDU software, Logged into VUDU software, etc... and guess what happened when I try my first disc...

"Error Creating Cart"..

Yep.. won't work.. Spent about 45 minutes on the Phone with Customer Support. At first they stated it wouldn't work since it was an "external" drive. I mentioned that many use external and that should not be an issue. So I put a DVD in my "internal" drive. Same issue.

So the rep elevated it to 2nd level. Then mentioned that since it is a Holiday weekend, I may not hear back until Wednesday. As this all occurred on Saturday, and I planned to do the final conversions on this Holiday weekend, I am not pleased.

After some reviewing some Google hits on this error, I see I am not alone with this issue. Some speculate if you hit the 100 limit on your mobile, it locks you up completely for any more even in home disc drive conversions. Others say it has to do with when you hit the limit, it corrupts your cart.

Ugh.
Old 05-28-17, 01:40 AM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
So the rep elevated it to 2nd level. Then mentioned that since it is a Holiday weekend, I may not hear back until Wednesday. As this all occurred on Saturday, and I planned to do the final conversions on this Holiday weekend, I am not pleased.
I'd suggest you try to get help in the Official Vudu Forum. There's a few Vudu tech guys that sometimes answer questions and fix problems. You also might find someone with a similar problem that knows a solution.

https://forum.vudu.com/forum.php
Old 05-28-17, 01:43 AM

Another thing you could try is to create a second Vudu account to test and see if you have the same problem.

That should tell you if it's a problem with your Vudu account, or a problem with your software/hardware.
Old 05-28-17, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
I'd suggest you try to get help in the Official Vudu Forum. There's a few Vudu tech guys that sometimes answer questions and fix problems. You also might find someone with a similar problem that knows a solution.

https://forum.vudu.com/forum.php
Great suggestion. There is a lot of good threads there.

I previously did a Google search and it showed 2 threads on that forum all of which didn't seem to have a resolution presented within. I did see someone got help by directly PMing a mod. So I got an account and tried to post but am still waiting for authorization for my post to appear. I also PMd the mod.

We'll see if it produces any results.
Old 05-28-17, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Another thing you could try is to create a second Vudu account to test and see if you have the same problem.

That should tell you if it's a problem with your Vudu account, or a problem with your software/hardware.
Definitely gonna give these a try. I suspect there is a lock due to hitting mobile limit. This for sure will determine that.
Old 05-29-17, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did some other investigating as well.

So far any disc that I scanned with mobile. Whether I added it to the cart and then deleted or never added to cart, just scanned (either before or after hitting the 100 limit) give me that same error ("Error Creating Cart).

Any disc that I did not previously scan on mobile work flawlessly. I even tried putting one of the discs giving the error in after having a cart created and got a different error ("Error Adding To Cart").

Seems there is a cart error in their system that has to do with something on the mobile app and it's cart.

Hopefully they can get this fixed.
Old 06-01-17, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 869 Likes on 392 Posts

Has anyone added a Walmart giftcard to VUDU? I was able to add it under Update payment method.
But, my payment method at the top still shows credit card.
Will it automatically use the giftcard first? It also does not show under my balance and history.

Thanks
Old 06-02-17, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Has anyone added a Walmart giftcard to VUDU? I was able to add it under Update payment method.
But, my payment method at the top still shows credit card.
Will it automatically use the giftcard first? It also does not show under my balance and history.

Thanks
It will deduct from your gift card first...I have several entered right now. So no worries.
Old 06-03-17, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

VUDU support is not impressing me at the moment. I have multiple cases open with them on varying items with no response for weeks. In particular the issue D2D app for PC.

I did my own testing and discovered that any disc I'd scanned with the Mobile App and didn't buy (no matter if before or after hitting the limit) will not create a cart. I tried a few discs I didn't scan and works perfectly. I then tried a disc that wouldn't create cart and got new error of "Can't add to Cart"

I called back and was told they never call back (only email) so not sure why the previous agent confirmed my phone # and time of day for a call back. Also told be patient as they will get to it.

Tried the VUDU forum. Created an account. Tried posting 3 times since last week. Every time it states I have to wait for a Moderator to approve the post. Tried PM to a Moderator I saw that has been helping folks with same issue. No reply.

I think D2D is mostly dead for me. I have a number of discs locked out and likely may not have many more beyond that I actually want to convert.

It amazes me they are not doing everything they can to take my money. Although maybe they don't care because they hope I will pay their full price for the titles.

(Rant over!)

My recommendation for everyone is to NOT scan anything in Mobile App you are not ready to commit to buying. Because if you don't and then hit the Mobile limit, you will have no way to D2D that title unless you want to pay full price.
Old 06-03-17, 06:58 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
VUDU support is not impressing me at the moment.
They have never impressed. They've always been that way.
Old 06-03-17, 06:51 PM

If you own When Harry Met Sally, just wanted to let you know that they restored the original soundtrack. The previous soundtrack had replaced some of the iconic Harry Connick Jr and Frank Sinatra songs with generic jazz noodling. It totally ruined the "It Had To Be You" ending. I'm glad they finally fixed it.
Old 06-03-17, 07:21 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

apparently there is currently an issue with a few (many or all for some) DMA movies are registering as SD not HD. For example, Iron Man 2, which I have had since 2010 in HD on digital all of a sudden popped up as a "new purchase" but only in SD. Vudu support is aware of the problem.
Old 06-03-17, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

AH, that makes sense. Couldn't figure why suddenly the My Movies section looked like this :

Old 06-03-17, 09:19 PM

Vudu just added a customer service account on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/VuduSupport

A lot of their responses seem to be "Give us a call at 1-888-554-VUDU so we can look into this." But it might be worth a try if you're having problems getting help on their forum or email support system.
Old 06-03-17, 10:04 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

I've always called. Sometimes get help, but mostly don't. Not sure what # I used however, probably one listed. They have a very creepy guys voice do the talking to correct dept and all that. It kinda says something about the company. That kinda bothers me...
Old 06-04-17, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great. So now we're stuck with SD Disney stuff? Hopefully they'll fix it soon.
Old 06-04-17, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
Great. So now we're stuck with SD Disney stuff? Hopefully they'll fix it soon.
From what I can tell, it's not Vudu's problem. It's DMA that's screwed up.

I think it's movies that were originally redeemed through iTunes, back when Disney only gave out SD digital copies. When DMA was introduced, all SD digital codes were upgraded to HD. For some reason, a couple days ago those movies accidentally reverted back to SD. If you look in your DMA Library, you'll see there's no HD symbol on those movies.

I hear that DMA is aware of the problem and is working to fix it.
Old 06-04-17, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

Just checked mine and I've got 3 that downgraded to SD, and they were redeemed through Disney not iTunes. Glad I didn't pay for any of them.
Old 06-05-17, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Does VUDU still have that offer where you convert 10 Blu-rays to digital and get the price half-off?
Old 06-05-17, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by EinCB
Does VUDU still have that offer where you convert 10 Blu-rays to digital and get the price half-off?
No. That ended when the mobile app was released.
Old 06-05-17, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Called about the issue 5/27. When I called on 6/2 I was told it was with Engineering. I just today 6/5 received a reply. The email I received today says to first uninstall and reinstall the software (which I did before calling and while on the phone with support during the first call) and also to send a bunch of info on my PC and software etc. And it stated they needed that in order to forward the case it to engineering.

While I am willing to do all the steps, I doubt it is going to help as it seems related to items I scanned. Secondly, I don't understand how it could be "In Engineering" on 6/2 but need info on 6/5 in order to forward the case to engineering.

And the beat goes on. If they weren't the only D2D game in town for this, I'd sure be tempted to use another service.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.