Originally Posted by TGM
no Sex In The City deals?
Ha! I see what you did there.

I got Secretariat
Old 05-08-17, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The VUDU Thread - News, Bargains & UV Codes

I springed for Secretariat as well in addition to something called the Cup (which was only $3.99) which looked good from the trailer.
Old 05-09-17, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

I tried ordering the Get Out disc/digital via VUDU and it won't let me complete the transaction, because it's "out of stock" at Wal-Mart. No shit, the BD doesn't come out for a couple more weeks.
Old 05-09-17, 08:46 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I tried ordering the Get Out disc/digital via VUDU and it won't let me complete the transaction, because it's "out of stock" at Wal-Mart. No shit, the BD doesn't come out for a couple more weeks.
Yeah, I called on that for another title and they said they only have limited numbers for preorders at Walmart and it goes by Walmart, which didn't make sense bc Walmart should have unlimited stock, but that's the bs Vudu gave me and I think I did finally get an order in, think it was Split, but not sure. It might disappear as an option on release...
Old 05-10-17, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Much like Split, I'll just wait patiently for the 4k Import to surface. Have a hard time understanding why on these great Thrillers/Horrors does the US market ignore 4k. If a cheap digital (under $5) comes along...I'll probably spring for it, but that's about it.
Old 05-10-17, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

So I ran into a problem with Disc to Digital this weekend. I tried to convert the 2005 (Tim Story) Fantastic Four movie, and it comes up as the 2015 (Josh Trank) Fantastic Four, which I do not own and do not want a digital copy of.

I sent an email to VUDU support, and they want me to send pictures of the front and back covers of the Blu-Ray, and a close up shot of the UPC before they will address the issue. The problem with this is that I own the double feature of Fantastic Four and Rise of the Sliver Surfer, which did not scan properly in Disc to Digital (as I'm sure most or all multi-disc sets don't). I used a picture of the back of the case of the single movie release to scan for D2D.

So getting to the purpose of this message, does anybody own the single movie release of the 2005 FF on Blu, and if so, would you possibly be interested in sharing some pictures with me? If so, please PM me. Thanks.
Old 05-10-17, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Why aren't you sending them photos of the double feature edition? It should still work, and it'd be good to clear up the confusion for future users.
Old 05-10-17, 09:56 AM

I'm afraid that they will tell me that it isn't eligible for D2D (currently, that's what the app says)

And then I might have to explain what I was scanning that caused me to notice the mix up with the Josh Trank film.
Old 05-10-17, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

After my first successful D2D transaction, I uninstalled the app from my phone for a bit, then reinstalled it, and now it registers an unknown error when scanning barcodes, even the one I'd already redeemed. Annoying.

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
The problem with this is that I own the double feature of Fantastic Four and Rise of the Sliver Surfer, which did not scan properly in Disc to Digital (as I'm sure most or all multi-disc sets don't).
Yeah, I tried it with a couple of those Warner three-packs, and they were not eligible. First downside to these packs that I've found.
Old 05-10-17, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm afraid that they will tell me that it isn't eligible for D2D (currently, that's what the app says)
Multiple films sets are eligible; I have a few muti-film sets that have worked. The problem is that the app doesn't recognize the UPC.

This is why support is asking for pics, so they can confirm the UPC from the cover, and what films are included.

If you lie, you're just perpetuating a problem that will keep happening to other people, and make it harder for customer support to fix in the future, since they'll have to reconcile the info they get from you with the info they get from others.
Old 05-10-17, 10:28 AM

I agree with everything that you have stated, but currently I am already in the middle of a situation where I stated one thing, and if I go back and show them pictures now of something else (even if it's a valid issue that they should resolve), then I have to explain to them what I was doing before that caused me to get the results I said I was getting before.

And I am still trying to help resolve a valid issue which will help other users (an eligible film scanning as the wrong film).
Old 05-10-17, 10:49 AM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

does anybody own the single movie release of the 2005 FF on Blu, and if so, would you possibly be interested in sharing some pictures with me? If so, please PM me. Thanks.
I can send you some pics of the Bluray cover. PM me your email.
Old 05-10-17, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What did you specifically tell them? And this was a problem with the PC D2D scanning the disc, not the App D2D scanning the UPC, right?

You don't want to go "my bad, it's actually a double feature set"?

Did you already scan the Silver Surfer disc?
Old 05-10-17, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jay G.
What did you specifically tell them? And this was a problem with the PC D2D scanning the disc, not the App D2D scanning the UPC, right?

You don't want to go "my bad, it's actually a double feature set"?

Did you already scan the Silver Surfer disc?
I've never gotten the PC D2D application to work correctly on my PC, but my understanding was that it is dead now, and there is only the phone app for scanning barcodes.

I described to them a problem which I could not have gotten scanning the disc that I own. The disc that I own (the double feature) scans as not eligible. I told them that I scanned the 2005 FF BD cover, and it came up as the 2015 BD. Which is the truth, but I was scanning a picture of the BD cover from the internet, as scanning my double feature did not work.

I already converted Silver Surfer using the same method.
Old 05-10-17, 11:51 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've never gotten the PC D2D application to work correctly on my PC, but my understanding was that it is dead now, and there is only the phone app for scanning barcodes.
Nope, Disc-2-Digital should still work. AFAIK, the only thing dead now is bringing your discs in to Walmart and having them added by hand. (which, from what I hear since I've never done it, was always hit-or-miss, depending on if you were lucky enough to find someone who knew how to do it)
Old 05-10-17, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Defiant
Nope, Disc-2-Digital should still work. AFAIK, the only thing dead now is bringing your discs in to Walmart and having them added by hand. (which, from what I hear since I've never done it, was always hit-or-miss, depending on if you were lucky enough to find someone who knew how to do it)
Well I could never get it to work before, something it didn't like about my old Vista PC. I actually don't even have a Blu-ray Drive in it, but I would have considered investing in one if I could have gotten the disc to digital program to work.

Last I looked for it though, I couldn't even find a place to download it on the Vudu website
Old 05-10-17, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Last I looked for it though, I couldn't even find a place to download it on the Vudu website
It's part of the PC "Vudu To Go" application. A download link is available on this page, under "2 ways to go digital":
http://www.vudu.com/in_mobile_disc_to_digital.html
Old 05-10-17, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jay G.
It's part of the PC "Vudu To Go" application. A download link is available on this page, under "2 ways to go digital":
http://www.vudu.com/in_mobile_disc_to_digital.html
do you still get a discount for converting 10 at a time that way or no?
Old 05-10-17, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Looks like the Disc/Digital deal is available on VUDU for Get Out. Just ordered it and got the Digital HD instantly. FYI
Old 05-10-17, 01:03 PM

do you still get a discount for converting 10 at a time that way or no?
No, that went by the waste-side when M2D started unfortunately. So everything, whether its D2D or M2D is still $2 a title for BR to HDX or DVD to SD (or the rare BR to SD). DVD to HDX is $5.

And if Big Dave falls through, I have the two older Fantastic Four movies on Blu, just send me an email and let me know what you need. But yeah, I can understand your apprehension when VUDU support takes FOREVER to do anything. An extra cog or issue in the wheel means 3 more days on to a ridiculous process.
Old 05-10-17, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kedrix
No, that went by the waste-side when M2D started unfortunately. So everything, whether its D2D or M2D is still $2 a title for BR to HDX or DVD to SD (or the rare BR to SD). DVD to HDX is $5.
Yeah, so as long as that is the case, it isn't really worth the effort to me to try to get the PC version working anymore.

And I got the pics from Dave, but thanks for the offer!
Old 05-10-17, 07:11 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I ran into a problem with Disc to Digital this weekend. I tried to convert the 2005 (Tim Story) Fantastic Four movie, and it comes up as the 2015 (Josh Trank) Fantastic Four, which I do not own and do not want a digital copy of.

I sent an email to VUDU support, and they want me to send pictures of the front and back covers of the Blu-Ray, and a close up shot of the UPC before they will address the issue. The problem with this is that I own the double feature of Fantastic Four and Rise of the Sliver Surfer, which did not scan properly in Disc to Digital (as I'm sure most or all multi-disc sets don't). I used a picture of the back of the case of the single movie release to scan for D2D.

So getting to the purpose of this message, does anybody own the single movie release of the 2005 FF on Blu, and if so, would you possibly be interested in sharing some pictures with me? If so, please PM me. Thanks.
Does the blu-ray version contain the Fantastic Four Extended Cut? And I do mean the 2005 movie, which at least was fun.
Old 05-10-17, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by bosco685
Does the blu-ray version contain the Fantastic Four Extended Cut? And I do mean the 2005 movie, which at least was fun.
The only features on the one that I have are a cast commentary and some trailers. I don't know if there were any other releases that had more.
Old 05-10-17, 09:24 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only features on the one that I have are a cast commentary and some trailers. I don't know if there were any other releases that had more.
I have the DVD Extended Edition, which has an extra 20 minutes of footage. I always assumed the blu-ray would contain both.

There is a site that does a side-by-side comparison of the cuts, and shows what was added. Worth a read.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.