Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Video-now Free shipping

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Video-now Free shipping

Old 02-18-01, 02:41 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi i was wondering if any of you guys have ever
Bourght Dvds from Video now there prices are couple of dollars higher than amazon but no shipping that kicks ass
i live in R4 teritory so thats a big saving

Video now - Saving ryan $47 Australian
Amazon - '' '' $58 After shipping

This sounds good on the monitor but i think the shipping may be either a bit dogey or very slow

anyone have any expeariances or know of reliable stores that offer free shipping

Lerroy
Old 02-18-01, 11:18 AM

Read through -
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...threadid=76565

And from my experience, I ordered two titles on the 30th of January and I am still awaiting delivery. The titles I order originally showed in stock but now one shows 3-4 weeks(Oliver Twist - Criterion Edition) and the other 1-2 weeks allthough it appears to be OOP(The Secret Life of Walter Mitty).
One additional comment, the search engine works very nice. It is on the upper right side of the screen as you read this
Old 02-18-01, 04:23 PM
Cool New Member

thanks heaps i dont think i will be buying anything from this store

thanks again

lerroy
Old 02-18-01, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I ordered twice from there and have only had one problem where an out of stock item didn't turn up for six months but they kept me informed the whole time. It was only a crappy title so I wasn't in any hurry.

I probably wouldn't recommed them though to be honest with ya.

Lerroy, I live down here too and can get the listed DVD's cheaper than what you have listed there dude.

Email me if interested.
Old 02-19-01, 01:08 AM

Originally posted by lerroy
thanks heaps i dont think i will be buying anything from this store

thanks again

lerroy
You are welcome. I also forgot to mention they have already charged my VISA for the sale.

Regards,
Paul
Old 02-19-01, 02:37 AM
X
Administrator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts
I used to use and like them. But they seem to have deteriorated lately and didn't have the two titles I ordered in stock.

I guess you can try, if you must, and cancel (as I just did with no problem) if they don't ship within a couple of days. But I'm not as bullish on them as I was some months ago.
Old 02-20-01, 11:29 PM
Cool New Member

they are thieves

I ordered two dvd's. They charged my card immediately and showed the order as back ordered for a month. When I cancelled and complained they said they would tell accounting to credit my card. They have never done this, so I had to notify my credit card company to protest the charge. They are obviously next to going under and are running a ponzi scheme with orders.
Old 03-19-01, 09:59 AM

I have had the same problem as well. They billed my credit card, and state that they shipped my DVD over 2 weeks ago. They no longer respond to e-mails. Stay away from this online vendor.

VIDEO-NOW ARE A BUNCH OF THIEVES!!!
Old 03-19-01, 11:01 AM

I ordered a movie on January 20 , got charged the very next day and I still don't have it. The webpage still claims that it ships in 2-3 days and 2-3 month now seem more like it.
They claim to have shipped it now so I guess I wait a little longer. This is by far the worst transaction ever, stay away from them.

Old 03-19-01, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Last month I ordered Oliver Twist, which their website said was in stock. They charged my credit card the next day. The following day the website listed the title as out of stock. About a week later I got an e-mail saying the title had been discontinued (which of course, it hasn't) and that I could order something else or cancel the order. I cancelled the order and I've been e-mailing them ever since about getting a full credit on my credit card. Initially, I only received a partial credit. I got another e-mail today saying their accounting department sometimes falls behind due to volume and that's why I haven't received the full credit. Personally, I don't believe they ever intended to fill the order.
Old 03-20-01, 04:42 AM

don't buy anything from video-now. never
Old 04-02-01, 06:17 PM

Originally posted by paulel
Read through -
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...threadid=76565

And from my experience, I ordered two titles on the 30th of January and I am still awaiting delivery. The titles I order originally showed in stock but now one shows 3-4 weeks(Oliver Twist - Criterion Edition) and the other 1-2 weeks allthough it appears to be OOP(The Secret Life of Walter Mitty).
One additional comment, the search engine works very nice. It is on the upper right side of the screen as you read this
Update 4/2 -

I received the first item in the mail today. It took 2+ weeks to travel Air Mail from Toronto to Syracuse NY.