Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Pricematch ... Which B&M is best?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Pricematch ... Which B&M is best?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-01, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got a few gift cards/certificates over the holiday as I'm sure many did. During this week's sale Circuit City had a couple of movies on sale that I wanted. Determined to use up my numerous Best Buy gift cards I decided to price match. I had to stand in line for twenty minutes at a busy customer service counter and when I was finally server they actually called CC (making me wait even longer). Eventually I was informed they would not price match one movie because CC did not have it in stock. They did reluctantly agree to match the other movie but would not give 10% of the difference as stated in their policy. I suppose all this trouble and aggravation is designed to deter price matches. Well, they succeeded. I told them to shove it.
I was pretty angry but a friend convinced me to try a match at WalMart. I did have a short wait but in sharp contrast to Best Buy the process was very quick and painless. The lady merely looked at the advertisement and agreed to the match. I would like to hear other good and/or bad experiences and get an idea which stores have the best price match policy.
Old 01-03-01, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's what you get for being cheap!

Just kidding - but seriously, this is why I don't think it's worth it to price match. The pain and suffering involved is rarely worth the few dollars you save.

-Gonnosuke
Old 01-03-01, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Easy:
...they actually called CC. Eventually I was informed they would not price match one movie because CC did not have it in stock.
<HR>

Weird, the exact opposite happen to me. Took a BB ad into CC for the price match. CC called the nearest store BB for availability. None were in stock so CC said sorry Charlie. Went to another CC location & they gave me just the price match; sans the 10%. If they try to pull this bullcrap on you, have'm call every one of their competitor's stores in your state until they find the title you want matched in stock. (Thought that up after driving home from the second store.) I'm sure by the end of the third call they'd relent. If not try a different location.