Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

My last order with Express.com, YAY!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

My last order with Express.com, YAY!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-00, 11:08 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After the crap service I've been receiving from Express.com these past few months, my last order from them should be shipped tomorrow. And that's it for me! Too bad, they were a fairly decent company the first year or so they were in business. And I bought A LOT from them. Even told all my friends and family to shop there. But man oh man have the mighty fallen. Late orders, pitiful customer service, increasing prices, outrageous shipping fees. Now that stores like Best Buy and Circuit City are selling most titles at the same price (or less), that's where I'm going from now on. Oh, and the reason I didn't cancel this last order ("Gladiator") is because it was the cheapest place to buy it online. According to pricesearch.com. And then this week, I noticed buy.com was seller it cheaper. Did they lower the price!? I could have sworn it was more expensive than Express.com before. Then early today (Friday 11/17) I get an e-mail from DVD Empire that my pre-order of "Romper Stomper" was on it's way. Impressive! This was my first ever purchase from them. So I called and asked if they had "Gladiator" and if I ordered it from them, now, would it also go out today. The girl told me "Oh we got that in a few days ago and have been shipping them out!" Don't know how accurate that is, but I do know at least the pre-orders go out on Fridays. And they are only one state away from me. So when I called Express.com to cancel "Gladiator", they said they can't. That it's being prepared in the warehouse to ship as we speak. At the end of that same day, today, my online order status *still* shows "ready for shipment". So they could have cancelled it if they really wanted to. I called back again and the CSR told me it won't go out until tomorrow because the studios won't allow them to go out any earlier. Hmmm. Some places can ship early, some can't. Well, as I said, that's it for me and Express.com.