Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Help!! Cannot checkout at buy.com!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Help!! Cannot checkout at buy.com!

Old 11-07-00, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi. I have a problem and was wondering if anyone here can help. I just received a 10 dollar off coupon from buy.com for new customers. I was delighted and immediately went there to buy 2 DVD's. the 1st one was Gladiator and the 2nd one was X-Men. As I tried to check out, I was told that I have no items in my basket. The items are clearly in my basket when I check it but it refuses to let me check out. Does this have anything to do with the fact that they are pre- order?? I'm only interested in buying these 2 items and would not have shopped there otherwise.
Old 11-07-00, 11:03 PM

I'm having the exact same problem! GRRR!

------------------
Joel
<[email protected]>
"I want it all, Marge. The terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I may offend a few of the blue-noses with my cocky stride and musky oders- oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called 'City Fathers' who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about 'What's to be done with this Homer Simpson?'"
Old 11-08-00, 10:17 PM

right after I posted, I went back to the Buy.com site using the link on the coupon I received. I went ahead and re-ordered everything all over again (1st the Gladiator DVD then when I clicked "return to shopping" I was mysteriously diverted back to the VHS section where I ordered X-Men VHS, thinking I was still in the DVD section. I realized MY mistake and corrected this.) I went to checkout, expecting the same unresponsive results, but lo and behold, I was succesful in finalizing my transaction. Good.

The bill came out to about 30 dollars including the 10 dollar off coupon though. I was just wondering if this is really a good deal or not. I don't want to find out that the brick and mortars are selling both DVD's for 15 bucks each, come the end of the month. I'll wait and see. This will detirmine if I EVER use Buy.com again. Tick...tick..