Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Impressive service from bestbuy.com

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Impressive service from bestbuy.com

Old 10-24-00, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm one of the many people who took advantage of the misprice on the Dusk til Dawn Box Set that bestbuy had on their website a few weeks back. For some odd reason, my order was cancelled a week after I placed it and since I didn't have the patience to argue with anyone and I wasn't sure whether or not I really wanted the box set, I just let it go. Today I got a call from a CSR at bestbuy.com. He apologized for a computer error that caused my order for the Box Set to be cancelled erroneously and asked me if I'd like to replace my order to purchase it at $22.95. Needless to say, I am VERY impressed, especially considering I didn't even bother to contact them once about it. All this, and they tossed in the free shipping. Who cares if it takes them a while to send out coupons and gift certificates? They just went further out of the way for me than I've seen any other online retailer do (and I didn't even have to ask).

'E
Old 10-24-00, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I disagree...I got the phone call to saying they would honor it...later I got email saying
Dusk till dawn box on way at REGULAR Price $69.95..
and as bonus...
I was also getting regular dusk till dawn
at 27.95...

everytime I call customer service..they are confused..unhelpful and sometime a little rude in me trying to correct errors .
Old 10-25-00, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,352 Likes on 917 Posts
Best Buy also did right in my book. I missed the cutoff day for the reorder of the box set @ the 22.95 price by one day. They still let me in on the deal, even though I had missed the cutoff. I'm a happy camper.

------------------
Stand up, turn and face me! Believe what you believe. Don't just stand there suffering, talking about your freedom.