Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

how do I do a price comparison with Best Buy's and Circuit City's ad from Sunday ?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

how do I do a price comparison with Best Buy's and Circuit City's ad from Sunday ?

Old 10-09-00, 05:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saved this weeks ads from Best Buy and Circuit City. I noticed that Best Buy has "Rules of Engagment" and "Shananghi Noon" for 16.99. Circuit City has these two
titles for 19.99! So what do I say or do to get the lower price on these DVD's?Anybody have any suggestions on what to do?I would like to pick them up Wednesday after my Computer Science Class at my local Junior community college!Thanks for the help!

I would like to pick them at Circuit City as I have no problems with my credit cards there!,also the bus I take fronm school drop me directly across the street from Circuit City!

[This message has been edited by Aaron Amos (edited October 09, 2000).]
Old 10-09-00, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

There's a few things you can do, and I suspect that CC will already know about the prices when you mantion them.

Anyway, you can:
1)Call ahead, talk to a manager and get a commitment that they will price match

or

2)Simply walk into the store and present the ad with your DVDs and ask that they price match

or

3)Take your DVDs to the register and ask that they call Best Buy to verify sale prices on those DVDs.

Any way you choose, you should have no problems...unless there is not a best Buy in your town...then they may tell you no. In that case, demand to speak to a manager.
Old 10-09-00, 06:18 PM
Banned

Best Buy is across the street from Circiut in the mall!!Circiut City is over a new Barnes and Noble being but near Best Buy!!How does this price match thing work with DVD's?What will the purchase say on the sales slip? Can you explain more of this me as I'm rather new to this with price matching on DVD's!!Thanks for the help so far!!
Old 10-09-00, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Aaron Amos:
Best Buy is across the street from Circiut in the mall!!Circiut City is over a new Barnes and Noble being but near Best Buy!!How does this price match thing work with DVD's?What will the purchase say on the sales slip? Can you explain more of this me as I'm rather new to this with price matching on DVD's!!Thanks for the help so far!! <HR>

Not sure what you are still confused about after reading the thorough explanation already given to you.

Just walk into Circuit City with the Best Buy ad, get your DVDs, and then show the salesperson that rings you up the BB ad and ask for a pricematch. That's all there is to it. They may sometimes call BB to verify but usually the ad is good enough. They will simply ring it up at the lower pricematched price.

Old 10-09-00, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Exactly. They'll price match DVDs and anything else in their store.

Don't feel like you're asking them for a big favor or anything. People ask for price matches everyday, so you should not feel scared or intimidated for doing so. This is DIRECT form their Sunday Circular:

LOW PRICE GUARANTEE:
For every product we sell, we'll beat any price from a local store stocking the same new item, available for sale with a maunfacturer's warranty and in a factory sealed box. Even after your purchase, if you find a lower price within 30 days, including our own sale prices, we'll refund 110% of the difference.