Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever deal with sell-dvds.com?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 03-17-17, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

A few months back, I found this site, sell-dvds.com, that offered decent prices for some DVDs/BDs I was looking at getting rid of. After completing my sell quote, they gave me a prepaid shipping label, which I used to promptly send out the package. Twice now, the package has been returned to me because no one on the receiving end picked it up from their post office. Needless to say, I'm a bit reluctant to send the package a third time. Their website looks legit and the company is located in Texas, so it's not like I'm sending the stuff overseas. Has anyone here ever dealt with this company?
Old 03-17-17, 10:12 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Anyone ever deal with sell-dvds.com?

I haven't dealt with them but they have a lot of bad reviews similar to your experience:
https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.sell-dvds.com
Old 03-17-17, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

If the package was returned the first time, I wouldn't have sent it the second time without contact with the company. Did you at least contact them before you sent it again? While you aren't out anything other than time at this point, I would not send that package a third time.
Old 03-17-17, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Texan26
I haven't dealt with them but they have a lot of bad reviews similar to your experience:
https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.sell-dvds.com
Ah shit, I was afraid of that.

Originally Posted by jjcool
If the package was returned the first time, I wouldn't have sent it the second time without contact with the company. Did you at least contact them before you sent it again? While you aren't out anything other than time at this point, I would not send that package a third time.
No, I did not contact the company before sending it the second time. When the package was returned the first time, I thought it may have been a mess up by the post office and sent it back out without really thinking. Even though I had a tracking number for the package, I didn't pay attention to it the first time. When I sent it back, I kept an eye on the tracking and saw it sat in a Austin post office for a couple days without anyone claiming it. That box definitely is not going out a third time; I'll deal with Second Spin or dump the stuff at Goodwill.