Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon order delay

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon order delay

Old 11-09-16, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Amazon order delay

Not sure where this should be posted so I decided to submit it to the collective wisdom of Otterdom.

What is the longest you have waited for an order to arrive from Amazon?

Tomorrow (Nov 10) will be two months and two days since I placed an order, most of which arrived in a timely fashion. On Sept 8 I ordered four books and one DVD. The DVD and three books arrived in about two weeks... pretty normal based on past orders.

But this one book... no word, no email, no anything to inform me how long or why it was going to be delayed. My order page just says shipping soon, but not shipped yet. However, for about four weeks it has said it should arrive by Nov 10. Dubious.

The book? Nothing rare or special afaik, just Phantagraphics Prince Valiant Vol. 5. Already have 1-4. In fact Vol 4 was one of the other books in the same order. I was going to order some following volumes before the holidays, but right now I'm a bit reluctant. FWIW, I haven't placed any orders since then... but not because of this.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Old 11-09-16, 11:20 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts
Re: Amazon order delay

Contact amazon and say, "Hi. Where's my book?"
Old 11-09-16, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

Should probably be in the store forums--several Amazon threads there.
Old 11-09-16, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,455 Posts

That volume is not currently in stock and sold by Amazon, so it's not like they're just screwing around with you or something.
Old 11-10-16, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 137 Likes on 103 Posts

Was the seller Amazon or even fulfilled by Amazon? If so call them and they will make it right. Sometimes they do have glitches in the fulfillment side.
Old 11-10-16, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,286 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Old 11-10-16, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 231 Posts

I posted the following in the Amazon deals thread in early September:

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Forgive me for posting this here, but I'm curious--what's the longest you've waited to receive something you've ordered from Amazon?

I ordered the BD of Stuck in Love on July 16th. Still hasn't shipped, though it says expected by today. I anticipate I'll get an e-mail about it later pushing the date back.

Also, I ordered the BD of Batman Returns on August 1st. It's still in limbo with a note that they can't give a delivery estimate now.

I'm in no big hurry, but I've never had things take so long to ship/arrive.
2 months later, I still haven't heard anything in addition to what's listed above. And that includes the note that the one title is expected by September 8. I just double-checked. It doesn't specify what year, so I guess they could argue they might make that date.

No, I haven't contacted them yet.
Old 11-10-16, 07:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Yep... moving.
Old 11-10-16, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks nemein. Must have been in too much of a rush to post and missed seeing this part of DVDTalk.

I debated with myself about posting, thinking that Amazon might contact me to say the order was delayed or cancelled.

Yep. Got an email this morning telling me that part of the order is delayed and asking if I still wanted it. Replied yes and now the delivery is "pending".

Think I'll check the local comic shops and if I can get it, I'll just cancel this ASAP.

Re: Cardsfan111 comment... what was with Amazon in September?
Old 11-11-16, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
I posted the following in the Amazon deals thread in early September:

2 months later, I still haven't heard anything in addition to what's listed above. And that includes the note that the one title is expected by September 8. I just double-checked. It doesn't specify what year, so I guess they could argue they might make that date.

No, I haven't contacted them yet.
I'm still waiting on Batman Returns as well.
Old 11-11-16, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Batman Returns still in limbo for me also..
Old 03-01-17, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

Finally got a delivery confirmation for Batman Returns! I'd completely forgotten about it.
Old 03-01-17, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by T-bone22
Finally got a delivery confirmation for Batman Returns! I'd completely forgotten about it.
Hadn't forgotten but got same delivery email
Old 03-05-17, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got a CD that when I ordered was in stock but changed to getting more stock; it took 7 months from the time I ordered.
Old 03-05-17, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by gmanca
I just got a CD that when I ordered was in stock but changed to getting more stock; it took 7 months from the time I ordered.
I'm guessing your order was locked in at a very good price? I've noticed that Amazon will delay fulfillment on rarer media items for months at a time when the customer locks in a very low price.

Amazon is likely hoping you will cancel the order when it takes so long for them to fulfill an order.
Old 03-05-17, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah that is a good guess, I didn't order because of its cost but I did notice it go up in price; it was labeled as getting more stock and increased but only by two bucks.
Old 03-06-17, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 323 Likes on 241 Posts

I've waited 5 days several times WITH Prime (and orders coming from Amazon, not a third-party).

One of the things that really bothers me is that my order will say "delivered" on Amazon's site, but it actually comes the NEXT day...not sure what's happening there, but I think local UPS marks packages as "delivered" when they arrive in the warehouse/put them on the truck as opposed to when they actually get dropped off.
Old 03-06-17, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I've waited 5 days several times WITH Prime (and orders coming from Amazon, not a third-party).

One of the things that really bothers me is that my order will say "delivered" on Amazon's site, but it actually comes the NEXT day...not sure what's happening there, but I think local UPS marks packages as "delivered" when they arrive in the warehouse/put them on the truck as opposed to when they actually get dropped off.
That's very weird. I've never seen that before. I can see how that would be frustrating. If you complain to Amazon, they will say it was "delivered" a day earlier than it was. UPS should definitely not be marking packages as delivered when they are not delivered.

I have found the opposite to be annoying as well. Having stuff marked as shipped as soon as a label is created for it. Right now I have an order coming to me that is marked as shipped, because a label has been created, but won't actually start moving for a week or two. Call and complain and the response is "It was shipped. Well, not it wasn't. The shipper was notified that it would be going out, but the shipper hasn't picked it up yet.
Old 03-08-17, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 269 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt

If you have Prime and they deliver past the 2 day window they tated, you can email amazon and they will extend your Prime membership for one month per incident, up to 12 months per year.