Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What to do when a company will not honor a discount offer? (FridayMusic)

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 03-02-17, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I've purchased from FridayMusic a few times before & noticed that they offer a 10% discount code for joining their mailing list which I've tried doing numerous times but was never sent the code. Been collecting their Billy Joel LP's & was looking to buy another but wanted to wait for a sale. I received an email last week advertising a sale for Black History Month so I went to check it out but unfortunately only albums by black artists were on sale. I decided to contact customer service last week & asked if they had any future plans on having sales for white artists lol. I mainly wanted to know why I never received the coupon code. Here is the reply I received today.

CoM Customer Service (Church of Merch // Customer Service)
Feb 28, 13:07 PST
Hello James,
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any coupon codes at this time
If you have any other questions or concerns let me know and I will do everything I can to help out.
We're going to go ahead and close this ticket out, but if you need to open it again simply give us another reply.
Thank you for your patience and have a great day.
-Leroi

Here is a snapshot of the offer:

I'm sure I'm not the only one they've done this to. How can they get away with doing shit like this?
Old 03-02-17, 06:03 AM

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: What to do when a company will not honor a discount offer? (FridayMusic)

All I can guess is that Leroi did not really understand what your query was about. Maybe he didn't read your message very clearly or something like that. I'd try replying (as he invited you to) and be a bit more direct, send that screenshot also, and see if that gets the desired result. If not, then maybe see if they have an actual phone number or an email address that goes higher up the chain. If these don't work then I'd say they don't deserve your business.
Old 03-02-17, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

It says 10% off your first order, but you say you've ordered from them before. I suppose that's why you aren't entitled to the discount. Unless it means the first order after joining the mailing list, which I doubt.

Either way, good customer service would explain that to you in the email. Great customer service would give you the 10% anyway. I'd try replying.
Old 03-02-17, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
It says 10% off your first order, but you say you've ordered from them before. I suppose that's why you aren't entitled to the discount. Unless it means the first order after joining the mailing list, which I doubt.

Either way, good customer service would explain that to you in the email. Great customer service would give you the 10% anyway. I'd try replying.
Yeah thats what i'll do. Thanks for the advice.