Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

New Amazon.com restrictions for 3rd party sellers of DVDs/Blus with an MSRP of $25+

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

New Amazon.com restrictions for 3rd party sellers of DVDs/Blus with an MSRP of $25+

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-14, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
Re: New Amazon.com restrictions for 3rd party sellers of DVDs/Blus with an MSRP of $2

The carnage has begun. I have 130 DVDs listed there on Amazon, so far 21 have been de-listed.

I have my fingers crossed not too many more will drop off!

Last edited by mickey65; 11-18-14 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-19-14, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 895 Likes on 720 Posts
Re: New Amazon.com restrictions for 3rd party sellers of DVDs/Blus with an MSRP of $2

Well, applying the restriction even to OOP DVDs is just madness. I can't see why that is being done. I don't see the financial incentive for Amazon doing it, and we all know, that for them, decisions like this are made only for the money which is in it for Amazon...
Old 11-21-14, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Lucky for me they only took off the 21 - which I turned around and listed on eBay. One of them already has a bid. Hopefully they'll all sell. At least eBay will get what profit that Amazon didn't want...sigh.
Old 11-24-14, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This policy is un-freaking-real. I ignored it the first time I saw the email because I don't sell much anymore. But today I was trying to list a few OOP items to get some extra cash for Christmas, and I wasn't allowed to post any of them. I won't use Ebay because that buyer protection policy has bit me in the rear too many times. Where else to go to sell OOP items??? Used stores won't give you near what they are worth...
Old 10-04-15, 09:57 PM

Amazon blocked me from selling the lenticular bluray of Avatar. The source of the dvds: Amazon.co.uk. And amazon obviously knew that.
So I sent their CS department a mail telling them that I was told that they probably sent me fake dvds
and that I wanted my money back. The purchase was over a year old at that time but amazon accepted the items back.
Of course have amazon introduced this policy only to prop up their 'preferred sellers'. Amazon think that they are above the law, the law of the land as well as the law of any decency. What annoys me most is that amazon use piracy as an excuse to artificially limit the supply of some products and on the other hand turn a blind eye to piracy. There's a massive operation on amazon uk, de and fr, with multiple accounts currently operating. I know of minimum 5 accounts they operate across these sites and every single one is raking in about £10000/month.
Old 10-05-15, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by octopussy
Amazon blocked me from selling the lenticular bluray of Avatar. The source of the dvds: Amazon.co.uk. And amazon obviously knew that.
So I sent their CS department a mail telling them that I was told that they probably sent me fake dvds
and that I wanted my money back. The purchase was over a year old at that time but amazon accepted the items back.
Of course have amazon introduced this policy only to prop up their 'preferred sellers'. Amazon think that they are above the law, the law of the land as well as the law of any decency. What annoys me most is that amazon use piracy as an excuse to artificially limit the supply of some products and on the other hand turn a blind eye to piracy. There's a massive operation on amazon uk, de and fr, with multiple accounts currently operating. I know of minimum 5 accounts they operate across these sites and every single one is raking in about £10000/month.
What law states that Amazon has to let you sell your stuff on their website?
Old 10-20-15, 07:55 PM

Sorry to hear you didn't read my post properly,if you wanna have another go maybe you'll understand what it's about. A small hint may help you: There are actually laws against piracy...does that give you a clue? The post was also about ripping off customers by artificially limiting supplies, but I know that's a lot harder to understand and so I won't hold it against you if you don't understand what's the problem.
Old 10-21-15, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

Trying to prevent piracy is what caused this policy in the first place. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the result of a movie like Avengers being released on Tuesday, and 400 used copies being listed Wednesday.
Old 10-21-15, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Sigh. Another troll that expects Amazon to let them sell their pirated discs.