Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Discontinuing Its Points Program For Outside Partners (BB Purchases Only)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Best Buy Discontinuing Its Points Program For Outside Partners (BB Purchases Only)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-14, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Improving your My Best Buy experience

DVD Polizei,

Thank you for your interest and support of the My Best Buy™ Partnership Network. We regret to inform you that as of July 31, 2014 we will discontinue this program. This means we will no longer issue My Best Buy points for purchases with partners outside of Best Buy®, including the online mall.

While this was not an easy decision, we wanted to focus more of our time and energy on making the My Best Buy program stronger. Please visit our Exclusive Offers page on BestBuy.com® to see everything that's in store for valued members like you.
I think I'm going to be closing my account in the near future. I was purchasing things outside of Best Buy to get some rather decent rewards for large-ticket purchases, but now, there's no way I'm going to be "Elite" by just making purchases at Best Buy.

I recently got an Amazon Rewards Visa, and I think that's a better alternative.
Old 07-19-14, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Best Buy Discontinuing Its Points Program For Outside Partners (BB Purchases Only

I cancelled the My Best Buy MasterCard earlier this year when they wouldn't give me a CLI from $300 (!). My credit is decent and all of my other cards are in the $1000s. I had the card for nearly 4 years (no late payments or anything), but between that and their refusal to waive the $30 "membership fee" I told them to stuff it.
Old 07-19-14, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Re: Best Buy Discontinuing Its Points Program For Outside Partners (BB Purchases Only

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the same thing. CitiBank owns Best Buy MC now (last year they took it over I think), and it seems they are infamous for not giving consumers credit increases. I've had the Best Buy MC card for about 6 friggin' years and no limit increase (1 late payment in those 6 years). Would have bought a washer and dryer set at Best Buy...but, I got one somewhere else.

Since Amazon price matches, I'll be buying a shitload more stuff from Amazon and just putting Best Buy out of the picture (except for holiday sales), as I get 3% back with them, versus Best Buy changing their fucking policies every 3 months.