Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon Trade-In Store

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon Trade-In Store

Old 10-28-16, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts
Re: Amazon Trade-In Store

The folks inspecting the trade-ins are still pulling this crap. I decided to roll the dice because they were offering a $30 gift card for new copies of the Beauty and the Beast Platinum Edition DVD. I happened to have an extra one lying around. Shipped it off on Saturday and just got notice that it was rejected for (you guessed it) "Incorrect UPC".

I sent Amazon an e-mail (along with photos of the exact DVD I mailed) in hopes they would once again do something. I was told by "Sundar K." that "I'm so sorry, but we can't offer any additional insight or action on this matter." Tried contacting them a second time and basically got the same reply. They're just washing their hands of the whole thing. There's that world class Amazon customer service for you. This program is a freaking joke.
Old 10-28-16, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Amazon Trade-In Store

I just don't think they're even looking at anything at this point. I've had 2 trade-ins upgraded from like new to New in the last couple of months. Neither of which were sealed.