Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Buy.com needs to learn how to cancel orders

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Buy.com needs to learn how to cancel orders

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-00, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 Days ago a item i preordered was out of stock so i cancelled the order. It said withen 24 hours your item will be cancelled. yesterday i get a e-mail they shipped the item. What is up with this? i mean if you cancel a item it should be cancelled

capt
Old 07-29-00, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
tell that to CDnow, I've had pending cancellations for months and months. Now, they've seemed to have disappeared from the system

------------------
I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Old 07-30-00, 01:28 AM

I attempted to cancel a pre-order that was being released on 12/05/2000 and got mail that it couldn't be cancelled because "this item has already entered the shipping process"

Hello?! The DVD is being released in 4 months! Needless to say, I sent them another mail. What makes me more upset is that they cancelled my Princess Mononoke order that I did NOT want cancelled or given a choice on. So they've essentially cancelled an order I did not want cancelled and they cannot cancel an order I want cancelled.
Old 07-30-00, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by tenjin:
What makes me more upset is that they cancelled my Princess Mononoke order that I did NOT want cancelled or given a choice on. So they've essentially cancelled an order <HR>

The reason why they cancelled your Mononoke DVD is that no one has a clue when it will be released. They probably don't want some order sitting in their system for like 6 months.

------------------

Don't click here
Old 07-30-00, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You have to keep calling 4-7 reps a day, and hope you dont get some college dropout. Then you got to keep going at them, make them call the warehouse, just keep the pressure on them.

I was able to get my dvd canceled once it was confirmed that they didn't order any copies of my dvd on release date. Took 4-5 days, a lot of yelling and threating, 6-8 advil, and a lot quick smarts, cause of the bullsh*t anwsers they give you.

My order says canceled, but you never know with buy.com, they might restart, and send the order anyways.

[This message has been edited by HoMeBrO (edited July 29, 2000).]
Old 07-31-00, 01:44 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Deftones17:

They probably don't want some order sitting in their system for like 6 months.
<HR>

Try telling that to some of the Reel transfer people...seems like thats just exactly what they want

As to the problem of canceling, call your cc company, and tell them you dont want to accept any charges from them ever, and to havethem note that in your file. then jsut sit back...asthe orders arrive, let the CC company know to dispute them, then call the CSR and let them know that yuo have no intention of paying, and if they want the dvd back, to send a mailer for USPS, since you WILL not take the time or effort to go to a UPS dropoff or schedule a time to be home for a UPS pickup. You in no way should have to lift a finger to return the movies. I did this once with another company. Man were they pi$$ed, but guess what after the 5th missed UPS pickup time (i even told the poor ups driver the story and told him not to bother coming anymore) they finaly sent a return box pre-paid for the USPS and i sent the software back.
Old 07-31-00, 02:45 PM

Or just obtain the tracking number from the order status and post a note on your door to UPS that you are refusing the package. It will get returned to the company and you will receive a credit. This will only work for UPS.

Mike
Old 08-02-00, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Deftones17:

The reason why they cancelled your Mononoke DVD is that no one has a clue when it will be released. They probably don't want some order sitting in their system for like 6 months.

<HR>

Oh really? When I pre-ordered Tenchi Forever last August, that order got hung up in limbo and never shipped. I had to call a CSR to reprocess the order and credit me for the coupon used and everything. To date, the original order still sits there with a status of "send to warehouse." So that's an open order in their system for a good 12 months now.

Back to the original topic, the only times that I could cancel orders with BUY.COM is when the items were backordered, otherwise I have not been able to do it successfully the three times I tried.

PAL

Old 08-04-00, 01:23 PM

My Princess Bride was marked "sent to warehouse" when I tried to cancel it. Even though it was still a preorder they said a label had already been prepared for shipment so it was too late to cancel.

Now I'm still waiting for the prepaid return label they said they've sent me. I contacted them Monday after it had been over a week and they told me it should arrive in 3-10 days from that day. That's ridiculous that it should take 10-20 days to receive a return label.
Old 08-04-00, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I cancelled the Scream Trilogy yesterday...not due out until September...and the order was cancelled within 24 hours via their website.

I reordered using the $10 off $50 coupon!!!
Old 08-04-00, 09:04 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Leaving a note never really works.. I just got a shipping notice that Earth Girls are Easy Shipped... But I got it 2 days ago...
Old 08-05-00, 11:31 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by GizmoDVD:
Leaving a note never really works.. I just got a shipping notice that Earth Girls are Easy Shipped... But I got it 2 days ago...<HR>

It's worked for me. I refused an order from buy.com recently by leaving a note on my door. I checked the tracking info and it showed as having an exception and I was able to track it back to the warehouse.
Old 08-06-00, 05:35 PM

I've had the same problem with Buy.com. I cancelled 3 orders recently all between 5-14 days before the release date and all shipped anyway! I even called and asked them to make sure the order would be cancelled in time and they still f***ed it up! This is the only major thing I hate about Buy. OTOH, I get most of the new releases on the Saturday before their release date.

------------------

gotdvd?
gotcd?
Old 08-07-00, 09:04 PM
Cool New Member

Buy.com has the worst customer servise I've ever dealt with!!! After the run around I got from them and they're absolute refusal to cancel orders on way overdue shippments ( can't cancel until they're posted ...then when they were finally posted I was told it was to late to cancel two out of three!!! Talk about holding orders hostage!!!) I will never do any kind of business with them again , unless it's free!!! In a nutshell I don't trust them. And for their excuse for all the foul-ups being because they were overwhelmed all the more reason to be wary now that their admitting (in my opinion) to poor business planning at the very least.
Old 08-08-00, 02:31 PM

Aargh, I can't believe I still haven't received the return label they sent. Saturday will make it three weeks. How are these things sent? By friggin' pony express?
Old 08-09-00, 01:50 PM

They wouldn't cancel my preorder for The Princess Bride so I had it returned to sender. Now of course they say that they haven't received it. It's good to know that the buy.com of old has returned..

What's an e-mail address for them that actually works? I'm sick of using the form on the website.